Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Show me where i mentioned anybody specifically by name? take your time now...
    You don't need to mention any name to make insulting comments.

you represent the game in its current state so perfectly just by your condescending attitude alone is a great reflection of rift

Deleted
    Logged in, got the expansion, checked the once thriving guild I was in, to see only three of us bar alts left
    Might give it a shot again at some point, for now however didn't pull me in

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I take it it's no longer free? Was willing to give the game a second chance. But if I've missed my chance to get it free...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I take it it's no longer free? Was willing to give the game a second chance. But if I've missed my chance to get it free...
    I know the feeling. I once missed the toilet now I stopped using them all together!
    Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
    Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration. Start with almost nothing and work your way to launching rockets, satellites and even yourself into space, where a whole new set of adventures awaits you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    I know the feeling. I once missed the toilet now I stopped using them all together!
    If only Rift had other ways it could monetise to offset the cost of giving players an expansion for free. It's a real shame they're missing out on all those potential customers who may want to buy much of the additional content Rift has to offer because Trion are too cheap to let people get involved with their latest content for free .

(Am I Slipmatting right here guys?) (Yes, "Slipmatting" is now totally a verb)

10+ Year Old Account
    The term "give them an inch, they'll demand a mile" fits your post.....

Don't need to mention anyone by a specific name, You said "ADHD Gamer's". That is you making a insulting comment and deflecting.

You just going to ride this ship straight to the bottom I see.

Serious question tho: You have stated many times this site is just full of fanboy's and so on. So why do you keep posting here? If you know your words are going to fall on deaf ears.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So...is there really just a massive stat jump when mobs hit 66? I'm slowly working my way through the first zone and mobs went from like, 300K health and doing squat for damage to 1.1M health and actually doing decent damage to my pet.

The stat jump on gear I've been getting compared to my expert/T1 level 65 gear has been pretty huge already, not sure how I feel about this mob stat jump as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...is there really just a massive stat jump when mobs hit 66? I'm slowly working my way through the first zone and mobs went from like, 300K health and doing squat for damage to 1.1M health and actually doing decent damage to my pet.

The stat jump on gear I've been getting compared to my expert/T1 level 65 gear has been pretty huge already, not sure how I feel about this mob stat jump as well.
    There is a rather large stat jump. I rolled through the first three zones without much problem with my Champion build but I got to the last two and I had to cool it and pick a more solo friendly build. If I remember right the last zone the mobs have something to the tune of 5.4M health. Going to need a stat squish in Rift sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    If I remember right the last zone the mobs have something to the tune of 5.4M health. Going to need a stat squish in Rift sooner or later.
    That's just absurd. I remember going into NT my gear was totally crap and it took me around a minute to kill a single mob in Goboro. It got stupid towards the end - Anything that was a decent upgrade needed Planewalker so I was still using level 54 gear by the time I hit Tarken Glacier! By which point the time to kill on a single mob was something in the order of 90 seconds. I was using a Necromancer build for the record, not the highest DPS build by a mile, but one that did come highly reccomended as a leveling spec.

There's really no need for individual mobs to take such a long time to kill at all. It's just a low-effort way to artificially pad out the leveling time.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    That's just absurd. I remember going into NT my gear was totally crap and it took me around a minute to kill a single mob in Goboro. It got stupid towards the end - Anything that was a decent upgrade needed Planewalker so I was still using level 54 gear by the time I hit Tarken Glacier! By which point the time to kill on a single mob was something in the order of 90 seconds. I was using a Necromancer build for the record, not the highest DPS build by a mile, but one that did come highly reccomended as a leveling spec.

There's really no need for individual mobs to take such a long time to kill at all. It's just a low-effort way to artificially pad out the leveling time.
    Agreed, if I remember right the Blizz devs said they like the idea of mobs taking 10-15 seconds per kill while leveling in a new expansion was their goal. It's one I'd have to agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    That's just absurd. I remember going into NT my gear was totally crap and it took me around a minute to kill a single mob in Goboro. It got stupid towards the end - Anything that was a decent upgrade needed Planewalker so I was still using level 54 gear by the time I hit Tarken Glacier!
    I guess that the developers are still upset about the earring and water Planewalker.
    Make the people without earring and water as painful as possible.

These developers don't understand.
    Unlike SWTOR and LOTRO, "Rift" is not a brand name to attract "whales".

To attract more players, it has to make more contents!
    Instead, it choices to annoy poor players.

Rift needs some fixing

1. LV 50 12 dungeons, LV 60 9 Dungeons, LV 65 7 Dungeons, LV 70 4 Dungeons. Why have so few dungeons each expansion? Why not make all dungeons from classic to now scale for each level. This would keep us from being bored with the 4 dungeons with a 25% chance of getting another one which seems to not have more than 25% chance. To get a dungeon que seems forever, even for someone who ques for everything.

2. Dungeons have problems with people getting mad that you don't skip the trash by running past them, around them or summoning to the boss. My solution is to have the adds aggro to the boss if not killed. Also the horrible part is people are cheesing the fights to where we skip all the mechanics just stand there and heal through everything. Nobody that cant cheese the fights knows how they really work and so many groups break up. I get kicked all the time because i want to tank the adds. I enjoy like most people do the dungeons.

3. Specs not getting used because there is one spec that people want you to play because they dont do well. And you get austrasized because you want to play something you want but they just boot, kick, or ban you. As is the primalist need a healing spec that you cannot even play. Before you fix the other souls, put out the rest of the primalist spec that was promised the third time.

4. Get rid of guilds. Too many guilds don't want to merge that have 3-8 people at best that cannot even get a LFR together or a raid. Some of the super guilds that do exist that are few can maybe run a 10 man if lucky or a 20 man. But if you get rid of guilds, it makes people communicate and try to get things going in chat again. chat is dead most of the time.

5. Planar fragments and their RNG is horrible. Nobody wants to use Tier 6 Planar Fragments that have both tank and DPS in them.

6. Get rid of addons use so people cant judge people by their dps or heals. That elitism is what kills people from playing your game. Not having the best spec that someone number crunched that broke the spec to make it do more than normal dps or heals.

Quote Originally Posted by jr92139 View Post
    1. LV 50 12 dungeons, LV 60 9 Dungeons, LV 65 7 Dungeons, LV 70 4 Dungeons. Why have so few dungeons each expansion? Why not make all dungeons from classic to now scale for each level. This would keep us from being bored with the 4 dungeons with a 25% chance of getting another one which seems to not have more than 25% chance. To get a dungeon que seems forever, even for someone who ques for everything.

2. Dungeons have problems with people getting mad that you don't skip the trash by running past them, around them or summoning to the boss. My solution is to have the adds aggro to the boss if not killed. Also the horrible part is people are cheesing the fights to where we skip all the mechanics just stand there and heal through everything. Nobody that cant cheese the fights knows how they really work and so many groups break up. I get kicked all the time because i want to tank the adds. I enjoy like most people do the dungeons.

3. Specs not getting used because there is one spec that people want you to play because they dont do well. And you get austrasized because you want to play something you want but they just boot, kick, or ban you. As is the primalist need a healing spec that you cannot even play. Before you fix the other souls, put out the rest of the primalist spec that was promised the third time.

4. Get rid of guilds. Too many guilds don't want to merge that have 3-8 people at best that cannot even get a LFR together or a raid. Some of the super guilds that do exist that are few can maybe run a 10 man if lucky or a 20 man. But if you get rid of guilds, it makes people communicate and try to get things going in chat again. chat is dead most of the time.

5. Planar fragments and their RNG is horrible. Nobody wants to use Tier 6 Planar Fragments that have both tank and DPS in them.

6. Get rid of addons use so people cant judge people by their dps or heals. That elitism is what kills people from playing your game. Not having the best spec that someone number crunched that broke the spec to make it do more than normal dps or heals.
    1. Honestly the lack of Dungeons in SFP is just because they can't be bothered. 2 of them are just upscales of meh dungeons at best.

2. Never liked you could cheese the trash personally. Especially when people get moody about it if you don't. Although to be fair they tuned expert dungeons with higher HP to give the illusion of difficulty.

3. Well yeah. Doesn't help some of the store specs are still the best for raiding.

4. No. I just don't think removing guilds would fix the community. It's already at a low point imo.

5. Agreed x10000. Getting Wisdom for a fucking Ranger is not fun. Especially when it upgrades and rolls those stats.

6. Meh addons I disagree with. Will be a big part of MMOs like this for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jr92139 View Post
    I think this one is probably the most apparent of these. Specs right now are a complete and utter mess for Mages. You're basically required to have 11 points in Harb and 4 in Arbiter for the early legendaries which give you a combined total of 45% extra damage - They blow everything else clear out of the water. Naturally, both of these come in separate soul packs forcing you to cough up if you want to be competative.

The downside to that however is a lot of specs are now extremely heavy on micromanaging. The Pyro has 7(!) buffs and Debuffs you need to manage while playing the spec and it makes playing what was otherwise a fun spec in NT feel like a chore now. There's an awful lot to keep track of before you even get in to doing any real damage, not to mention the horrendous ramp up time. On the other hand, the Pyro still does impressive amounts of damage, even when I gave the build a test to see how it was in Sanctum I crit the dummy there for 3.5 MILLION damage with Cinderburst. It's the go-to choice because it once again is the best ranged DPS soul the Mage has.

I feel at this point Trion need to go back to the drawing board when it comes to Soul designs. They're piled on so many different mechanics to them over the years that most are starting to feel clunky, garbled and very dated. With Legendary talents and Masteries thrown in on top practically dictating what builds should be alone, it feels like it's time to just scrap the idea of bloated trees all together and just strip it down to choices of Masteries and Legendaries. Get back to fun, interesting basic designs that can be built on and scrape away all the accretion of 3 expansions.

I know the community has given a lot of pushback over the years against one and two button specs, but they're just covering up the underlaying issues. The majority of specs in Rift can be condensed into a simple list of priorites and then macroed together for maximum effectiveness. The main culprit here are abilities which, functionally, just do damage. Harbinger has example of it, where Vorpal Slash deals huge damage on an 8 second cooldown, Storm's Fury deals moderate damage on a 6 second cooldown and Rending Slash is a filler ability with weak damage. You simply macro all three of those together and hammer the button, reducing 3 bland abilities into one button. No interaction between them at all.

On the other hand, the interaction between Blazing Light and Lucent Slash is far more interesting. Using Lucent Slash will refresh Blazing Light, which is a DoT, on your target and spread it to nearby enemies. This kind of synergy means they'll need to be kept separate and used well if you want to do good DPS. This is more the kind of thing Trion should be including in their soul trees - Abilities that play off each other in interesting ways. NOT simply "Maintain this for X% damage" and not "Put abilities in order of damage in a macro", but interesting interactions with a smaller number of total skills that both reduce button bloat and alieviate the need for macros.