Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

How come no one ever mentions Russophobia?

For the last year everything Russian has been considered evil and awful. We have Russian-American Citizens in this country also, so is russophobia hate speech?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    For the last year everything Russian has been considered evil and awful. We have Russian-American Citizens in this country also, so is russophobia hate speech?.
    There is no such thing as "Russophobia". But we are seeing a rise of people swallowing the Russian dong for sure. Because they think they're being contrary to what "the other side" thinks. Because politics have become a sport now. You can guarantee that if this were Hillary being accused of the same thing, the same people who are giving The trump a pass would be crying endlessly. Calling her a treasonous traitor.

But this is just where we are. There are a portion of people out there who are putting party over country. And that's a bigger threat than any foreign enemy.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    There is no such thing as "Russophobia". But we are seeing a rise of people swallowing the Russian dong for sure. Because they think they're being contrary to what "the other side" thinks. Because politics have become a sport now. You can guarantee that if this were Hillary being accused of the same thing, the same people who are giving The trump a pass would be crying endlessly. Calling her a treasonous traitor.

But this is just where we are. There are a portion of people out there who are putting party over country. And that's a bigger threat than any foreign enemy.
    There is a such thing as russophobia, stop being a racist and google it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Russia is a race?

On a more serious note:
    My favorite type of outrage is manufactured outrage.

On an even more serious note:
    This current wave of Russophobia needs to stop! You know who was a Russophobe? Hitler was, yeah that's right, fucking Hitler. Don't be like Hitler. Stop being a Russophobe!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because everything you read on the internet is true... But you should use google to find out that Russia is not a race. The more you know.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Russia has been considered evil and awful for decades now (mostly justified as well). Up until the last 5 or so years it was just the far left with their dreams of communism that seemed to always defend them. Now that gay people are the new hot topic it just shifted to ironically some of the right expressing their love for Russia and it's corrupt and (in leftist speak: ) everything-phobia system. I guess a country that hates foreigners, muslims, gays and probably everything the west has does seem to have some appeal apparently .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-05-22 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why no one ever mentions Koreaphobia, given how much North Korea gets criticized. We should introduce a new word! And call all South Koreans disliking the glorious leader "Koreaphobes".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    On an even more serious note:
    This current wave of Russophobia needs to stop! You know who was a Russophobe? Hitler was, yeah that's right, fucking Hitler. Don't be like Hitler. Stop being a Russophobe!!!
    But also:
    This current wave of Russophilia needs to stop! You know who made an alliance with the Russians?
    Hitler's foreign minister Ribbentrop did, yeah, that's right, fucking Hitler. Don't be like Hitler.
    Stop being in league with the Russians.

Makes the old Bond movies to have some spice again.

I'm just saying that openly being anti Russian is widely accepted on our streets, we have millions of Russian americans here in this country. Why is no one standing up for them?

I'm just saying that openly being anti Russian is widely accepted on our streets, we have millions of Russian americans here in this country. Why is no one standing up for them?
    because even russian americans know how fucked up russia is. duh

source: mr krasner, my friend, the russian.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's difference between saying the Russian government influenced the election and calling the Russians a bunch of rapists(although some of them are good people). I'll trust you to figure it out.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know what this thread needs? An anecdote! And guess what, I've got one for you!

The guy that sits next to me at work was born, raised, and educated in Moscow. Came over here in his 30s. Couple months ago his dad, who still lives in Moscow, became deathly ill so this co-worker of mine headed back to Russia to see his dad/family; his first time back since leaving. He's gone for about 5-6 weeks and when he gets back we get around to chatting about his trip. He tells me the weirdest part of his trip was how often he was asked "Why did you come back?" He said people just could not believe anyone would come back once they were able to get away.

That is scary: even Russians are Russiaphobes!!!! I mean, wtf!!! If this issue isn't stopped, or even slowed, Russiaphobia may become a world wide problem. Fucking frightening.

Edit:
    At this point, honestly, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Because their vote % is so low that niether party cares about them

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says we're afraid of Russia?

More like we're concerned about the possibility between the Trump Administration and Russian officials. Being worried that our President or administration is corrupt doesn't mean we hate the Russian people.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Who says we're afraid of Russia?

More like we're concerned about the possibility between the Trump Administration and Russian officials. Being worried that our President or administration is corrupt doesn't mean we hate the Russian people.
    No russophobia means hatred of Russians, not fear of Russians. I like Russian people, not the gopniks of course.

Excellent topic.

The whole anti-Russian thing going on is way out of control. Russian athletes, politicians and even Eurovision Songfestival competitors banned. Its a complete witchhunt against Russians. The media and even sports organisations all attribute. Its completely ridiculous. Guess the powers that be cant wait for Putin to be removed and be replaced by a Western puppet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No russophobia means hatred of Russians, not fear of Russians. I like Russian people, not the gopniks of course.
    Well most people don't hate the Russians (except maybe a few Boomers who haven't figured out the Cold War is about 30 years dead now.)

We're just worried about corruption in our government stemming from corruption in their government. Has nothing to do with the Russian people themselves.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Russia is the scapegoat that mainstream media uses to create a boogieman and some evil power

Deleted
    Words like that are a made up thing by leftists in an attempt to stifle criticism of certain groups.