Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And can we add the caveat that concerns about Russia are not the same as concerns about Putin... and that there's a difference between killing someone based purely on the color of their skin.... and giving classified secrets to a hostile foreign country ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So fearing the Russians makes you LITERALLY Hitler??

My poor SJW heart!!

Are you actually taking that post seriously? Cause on a serious note, on a much more serious note than in the quote, you should re-read it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Islam is a race?
    Did I mention Islam? WTH are you referring to? My question about Russia being a race was related directly to the post I quoted.

This whole thing with sometimes not liking people with other cultural norms and values being called a phobia has to stop. Not only is it not irrational, it is sometimes downright wise.
    Is my post not making fun of the irrationality of the conversation? "People who hate Russia are Hitler!" - I would think the ridiculousness of that comment would make it clear how I felt about the topic of conversation.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-05-22 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    For the last year everything Russian has been considered evil and awful. We have Russian-American Citizens in this country also, so is russophobia hate speech?.
    Just because your orange god is besties with Putin doesn't mean that people are wrong to be concerned about Russian interference in our government and it's an absurd stretch to claim that concern is actually hate speech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The other major powers have done as bad or worse, what's your point?
    What countries has the United States annexed? What LGBT people have been jailed here?

Goddamn, what is with the false equivalencies on these forums?
    Beta Club Brosquad

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    Japanophobia was a huge thing back in WWII.

"but Japanese isn't a race guise!"
    Holy shit, the reading comprehension by some of you is ridiculous. One poster said:
    There is a such thing as russophobia, stop being a racist and google it.
    Implying that Russian is a race. Which is why I then asked:
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Russia is a race?
    No where did I state, or come close to implying, that russiophobia is about hating a race rather than the population of a country.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Excellent topic.

The whole anti-Russian thing going on is way out of control. Russian athletes, politicians and even Eurovision Songfestival competitors banned. Its a complete witchhunt against Russians. The media and even sports organisations all attribute. Its completely ridiculous. Guess the powers that be cant wait for Putin to be removed and be replaced by a Western puppet.
    Oh yea it has nothing to do with the systematic doping russian athletes are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    What countries has the United States annexed? What LGBT people have been jailed here?
    1. I think the Republic of Hawaii was the most recent one, almost 120 years ago. As opposed to 3 years ago for Russia.

2. Most recent one was John Lawrence, I believe. Almost 2 decades ago, as opposed to probably yesterday or today in Russia.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a new thing these days... well, actually, a very old thing.
    - Do a lot of nasty things.
    - Hear people criticize you.
    - Accuse them in being phobic towards you.
    - When they point the silliness out, pull out false analogy with an actual phobia.
    Sometimes one has to wonder how we made it this far as a species.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Russians were barred participation due to a massive doping scandal
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_in_Russia
    It was handled in the way of been guilty untill proven innocent. Some where allowed to participate, but as neutrals, which makes it all look even more questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

2. Most recent one was John Lawrence, I believe. Almost 2 decades ago, as opposed to probably yesterday or today in Russia.
    And that's one of the examples. You don't have any facts, but you assume it happened cause Russia = bad. How about showing a law, which makes been gay illegal or naming a person been imprisoned for that?

Though, the overall problem is more like overall xenophobia. Just reading these forum it seems like there are a number of people, who assume that people in Africa live in straw huts and wear bones in their noses, people in the Middle East never sleep, because they're too busy praying and killing infidels and an average Rajesh relax with honor killing after a workday of licking raja's boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuax View Post
    And that's one of the examples. You don't have any facts, but you assume it happened cause Russia = bad. How about showing a law, which makes been gay illegal or naming a person been imprisoned for that?
    This is happening in muslim based countries too, even worst because You can face a death penalty for beeing gay, yet You all liberals welcoming immigrants with opened arms and I don't see You openly bashing other countries than Russia.

I am Polish so i have all rights to hate Russia and Russians, but in nowdays times, i don't see any reason to have split interests with Russians. There are ppl that hate Russia more than love their own country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    This is happening in muslim based countries too, even worst because You can face a death penalty for beeing gay, yet You all liberals welcoming immigrants with opened arms and I don't see You openly bashing other countries than Russia.

I am Polish so i have all rights to hate Russia and Russians, but in nowdays times, i don't see any reason to have split interests with Russians. There are ppl that hate Russia more than love their own country.
    If you wouldn't bold part of my post, I would thought you misquoted me. You probably would like to re-read my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not going to claim to have a fantastic idea of how Russia works internally, but Chechnya is part of Russia and there's that whole debacle with gay concentration camps at the moment.
    While I can easily imagine that there might have been cases of attacks of gays from law enforcement, concentration camp is a bold claim, which needs evidence, which so far was denied to be shown. Considering that the source of the claim is Novaya Gazeta, which while post some interesting info, also post sensationalist BS and conspiracy theories, so I remain highly sceptical. Last I heard, some of these allegedly victims were moved to another country, so if there won't be any further claims from them, it will sound like complete BS.

Did I mention Islam? WTH are you referring to? My question about Russia being a race was related directly to the post I quoted.

Is my post not making fun of the irrationality of the conversation? "People who hate Russia are Hitler!" - I would think the ridiculousness of that comment would make it clear how I felt about the topic of conversation.
    I was agreeing with you. Now I'm not so sure if the series decisions, that led me to the point where I could, were wise.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was agreeing with you. Now I'm not so sure if the series decisions, that led me to the point where I could, were wise.
    The post of mine that you quoted was intended to be an over the top joke. Nothing to agree there. It was meant merely to make fun of the thought that russophobia is a serious issue. So, yeah.

The post of mine that you quoted was intended to be an over the top joke. Nothing to agree there. It was meant merely to make fun of the thought that russophobia is a serious issue. So, yeah.
    Exactly, and I joined in with it, agreeing with the point of the joke.

Of course there's something to agree with when a joke has been made. Are you freakin' kidding me?!

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, and I joined in with it, agreeing with the point of the joke.

Of course there's something to agree with when a joke has been made. Are you freakin' kidding me?!
    So you agree that Russophobes are the modern day equivalent of Hitler? Hope so, because that is funny
    (And that's meant as a friendly jest, not a poke with a stick)

Deleted
    Because Russians are white, you are allowed to hate white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The EU would love to work with a Russian premier that is actually willing to work with them instead of antagonizing them constantly, like Yeltsin. It is in the nature of modern European politics after all to seek peaceful resolutions and up until the recent financial crisis the prevailing ideology in European international relations was not neo-liberalism but rather constructivism. It is up to the Russian people to elect someone that actually wants to work with others instead of attempting to dominate them; you cannot elect an intelligence operative and expect anything other than realism in international relationships and simply put, Russia today cannot implement realist politics because they lack the power to do so without tripping over themselves constantly and passing the debt to their citizens.

As for people from Finland or the Baltics actually being Russophobic, that's par for the course. The entire history of these countries and their local ethnicities with the Russian people has been overwhelmingly hostile and neither state has really made any effort to raise goodwill to assuage the natural negative perception of the populations. I would not blame them having no good will towards not just Russia but also its citizens any more than I don't blame Russian citizens having a fairly negative outlook of Ukrainians or Chechens.
    What makes you think the slavs really want to be part of Europe if the EU requires them to bring in mass amounts of refugees?. For the record, Russia has taken in zero, china zero, japan zero, koreas zero. Honestly I want our country to join their club.

What makes you think the slavs really want to be part of Europe if the EU requires them to bring in mass amounts of refugees?
    Most of us have been tired of the EU way before the refugees. The EU was about making trade fair and rule of law respected in all of Europe.

Instead the EU is just as corrupt as we are used and the trade is unfair and only benefits Germans.

It's ironic that posters, who have no issues bashing America for whatever reason, cry russophobia when the finger points toward their glorious leader. It makes me think that some Russians living in Russia, can't take the criticism when it's due. Grow a pair and take it like a man, this fluffy word bailout, because pulling the "racism" card is alot easier than actually answering to criticism, is pretty weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Most of us have been tired of the EU way before the refugees. The EU was about making trade fair and rule of law respected in all of Europe.

Instead the EU is just as corrupt as we are used and the trade is unfair and only benefits Germans.
    A bulgaria crying about a corrupt EU is pretty rich lol, so hows corruption in your own country going?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not afraid of Russian people in general, just the ppl leading Russia right now.
    The Russians are pretty friggin tough, especially the gopniks, they don't talk, they just walk up and sock you in the face. The Russians are also close talkers, that has a lot to do with it. I never let anyone who looks shady or is shady to get within 3 feet of me.

I'm pretty sure we dislike Russia's government, not the Russian people themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?