Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Players should stop doing LFR if they don't like it.

Nothing in this game is required, Its a video game its not curing cancer and there is no gun to your head. If u don't like something don't do it.

Also by doing it you keep it relevant and blizzard will keep it around because its getting used.

(Personally I enjoy LFR)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Cool, is this thread really needed?

7+ Year Old Account
    I am trying to find the reason this thread was made, but I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nothing in this game is required, Its a video game its not curing cancer and there is no gun to your head. If u don't like something don't do it.
    You should know that the some of the people who do not like LFR is not because they hate doing it. They just pure hate it. The fact it is exist is infuriating to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    You should know that the some of the people who do not like LFR is not because they hate doing it. They just pure hate it. The fact it is exist is infuriating to them.
    There are the same people that hate Mythic, not just hate doing it but just pure hate it.
    Not sure where you are going with this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootywooty View Post
    I am trying to find the reason this thread was made, but I can't find it.
    Probably in response to the other thread where the OP says the LFR needs to be harder.

LFR is mostly my end game. I did end up downing H Guldan randomly, but after doing him on LFR, i felt i'd won the game. No real point doing it on a harder setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Inspected a random Paladin last week in Dal cause I liked his xmog and wanted to know what it was. He was around 870 ilvl, never raided Mythic, Heroic or even Normal. Just LFR on that toon. That's cool, whatever floats your boat. In contrast, my guild is 9/10M 2-day a week (6 hours total). We have run HC/Norm every week trying to get our warrior a better Draught then the only one we have ever seen (a 890 one). RNG gods don't like us, but that's fine, we are still progressing. This Paladin in Dal? 925 LFR Draught with a socket. I don't mind that he doesn't raid like I do. I don't mind that he has luck on drops that we don't. I do mind when LFR loot can Titanforge better than any loot that drops in Mythic.

Got my Mythic Eli tier helm last Thursday. Rolled 905. Not better than my 915 with socket heroic tier. Sucks when they add RNG chances to your already RNG chance drops.

But that's the game right now.

Also by doing it you keep it relevant and blizzard will keep it around because its getting used.

(Personally I enjoy LFR)
    No one cares anymore...

The games power progression system was shattered with mythic+ and titanforge or whatever its called. Everyone has whatever ilv they want doing whatever content they want.

Yes lfr is a horrible experience but the game has been damaged to the point no one really cares about it anymore. It is like peeling paint when your house is on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Basicallly all higher level players hate LFR, but Blizz has made LFR rewarding to encourage higher level players to do it. .
    That is Factually wrong and many higher level player's on this form have even shown that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Yes lfr is a horrible experience but the game has been damaged to the point no one really cares about it anymore.
    You must be new to WoW and these forums if u believe this because you can just look and see that's not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustForThisThread View Post
    I do mind when LFR loot can Titanforge better than any loot that drops in Mythic.
    That loot in Mythic can Titanforge as well......making it even higher.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

LFR is pretty damn horrible from an objective gameplay perspective, it has nothing to do with raiding, and is moreover just there these days because it's expected and cant just be removed, because people will get pissy when their free "epics" are touched, and then they stop playing because "they beat the game"

It's pretty much just basic-psychology, taking things away triggers negative-responses in the human-mind.

Though honestly, LFR isnt realy forcibly incentivized by Blizzard to be done these days, it's just there... it's just that normal raiding realy doesnt have much incentives to make people care about it when it's primary-patch content, Normal-Raiding needs more incentives than just gear that LFR doesnt have, and LFR gear realy should be Blue-Quality as should anything below Mythic+ and Heroic-Raids be realy.

TL: DR - It isnt LFR's fault that Normal raiding has little incentives to get done outside gear that will be outdated and thus pointless next patch anyway.
    Last edited by Filipse; 2017-05-23 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    There are the same people that hate Mythic, not just hate doing it but just pure hate it.
    There are a lot more "delete LFR" threads than there are "delete Mythic" threads.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Basicallly all higher level players hate LFR, but Blizz has made LFR rewarding to encourage higher level players to do it. This was purposeful. If higher level players stop doing it because it's not rewarding, it will fall to pieces because there won't be enough tanks and queue times will get extraordinarily long.

So Blizz will always make it rewarding enough that people will feel like they need to do it to keep up.
    No higher level players hate LFR. Only little tryhards that bash their heads against Mythic but can't complete it and get enraged hate LFR because venting their impotent rage against those beneath them makes them feel better. If you're happy with your own progression you've got no reason to care about anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Filipse View Post
    LFR is pretty damn horrible from an objective gameplay perspective, it has nothing to do with raiding, and is moreover just there these days because it's expected and cant just be removed, because people will get pissy when their free "epics" are touched, and then they stop playing because "they beat the game"

It's pretty much just basic-psychology, taking things away triggers negative-responses in the human-mind.

Though honestly, LFR isnt realy forcibly incentivized by Blizzard to be done these days, it's just there... it's just that normal raiding realy doesnt have much incentives to make people care about it when it's primary-patch content.

TL: DR - It isnt LFR's fault that Normal raiding has little incentives to get done outside gear that will be outdated and thus pointless next patch anyway.
    You haven't noticed that organized raiding has gotten highter quality since the introduction of LFR? Better voice acting, higher quality environments, etc. Prior to LFR total participation for any difficulty of raid was exceptionally low. With the introduction of LFR raid participation skyrocketed and Blizzard was able to justify more resources toward raiding. (Blizzard themselves have stated this.) - Organized raiding is just extremely unappealing.

If LFR were removed tomorrow the players running LFR wouldn't flock to Normal/Heroic, they'd probably just quit. The vast majority of players in WoW have never raided beyond LFR nor will they ever. Unless the equally faceroll normal is made queueable or something.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2017-05-23 at 04:02 PM.

If u don't like something don't do it.

You must be new here

Deleted

(Personally I enjoy LFR)
    Sometimes LFR is the most efficient way to do something (e.g. bi-weekly quest to kill a EN boss for the lootbox before it took 30 minutes to clear the place on HC).

So sometimes by not doing LFR you feel like you are doing it wrong, even tho LFR isn't fun. but if the choice is 20 minutes in LFR or 90 minutes in normal/heroic, it isn't really a choice anymore.

The solution seems simple: don't make LFR worth it for people who do higher level content, but that's easier said then done in a game this scope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    LFR diminishes the other aspects of the game.

Just by merely having a watered down loot pinata version of the raid bosses is why its bad for the game. People who would otherwise try out real raiding might just be like "oh ive seen the whole story and killed all the bosses, why do i need to kill them again on a little harder difficulty?"

MMOs have always required coordination and effort to accomplish the end game, but now that we have LFR it tarnishes that, and the prestige that was once there of doing high end raids vanishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Just by merely having a watered down loot pinata version of the raid bosses is why its bad for the game. People who would otherwise try out real raiding might just be like "oh ive seen the whole story and killed all the bosses, why do i need to kill them again on a little harder difficulty?"

MMOs have always required coordination and effort to accomplish the end game, but now that we have LFR it tarnishes that, and the prestige that was once there of doing high end raids vanishes.
    You forgot to add for you to that list because for me and many others it doesn't diminish anything.

Maybe this just isn't the game for you, LFR has been in WOW for half of its life, its not going anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Sometimes LFR is the most efficient way to do something (e.g. bi-weekly quest to kill a EN boss for the lootbox before it took 30 minutes to clear the place on HC).

So sometimes by not doing LFR you feel like you are doing it wrong, even tho LFR isn't fun. but if the choice is 20 minutes in LFR or 90 minutes in normal/heroic, it isn't really a choice anymore.

The solution seems simple: don't make LFR worth it for people who do higher level content, but that's easier said then done in a game this scope.
    Then those people need to check themselves because like I said in the OP nothing is required.

Deleted
    Blizzard could just make it so the loot in LFR is below normal mode (can't WF/TF) and then no one would complain about the loot in there, i think. Just make it so those that raid normal and above have zero reason to ever enter that place.

I don't like LFR and wish it never would have entered the game but well it's not going anywhere.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

You say this, Blizzard says otherwise. The players who run LFR as their end-game have never been raiders beyond that and never will be. You seem to not realize that the vast majority of players in this game from Vanilla through present times haven't actually raided.

Also what MMOs historically have done is completely irrelevant for the modern MMO. MMOs used to be a very small niche, and then they became more casualized and went mainstream starting with WoW. I mean pre-WoW MMOs had experience loss, maybe we should go back to that also?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The players who run LFR as their end-game have never been raiders beyond that and never will be.
    You are correct besides this line. Its the majority of people who run LFR as there end-game have never been raiders beyond that. You make it sound like all.

Just to be clear otherwise u are correct.