Thread: Ret vs Retri

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People like abbreviations, people licke short "nicknames" and monikers.
    SO, you full well can expect anything , and there is no set The One nickname.
    More often than not, though, I see either "Ret" or "lolret".

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    I once had a guildy that called retribution paladins.....rent spec. Legit. He called it rent. When questioned about it he said it was rent short for the dps paladin spec.

OP: It could always be worse lol.
    I have one of those friends. When we played LoL he would call turrets "Turrents" and he refers to Blingtron as "Blingatron."

I love that guy for the friend he is but he can not speak his native language to save his life.

Deleted
    Since the beginning of this very game people actually thought shamans had a enchantning spec! They call it enchantment shamans!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    It's Retri for me, but then again, most Germans use that. With German pronounciation, Ret sounds weird, while Retri makes it a great deal smoother. And I actually use Pala when talking in German, but use Pally for English conversations
    jeah absolute this. I guess its actually something that we German use the most. So if u read Retri, u can guess it was some german people.
    In german its "Vergelter" or "Vergeltungspaladin", so Retri is kinda nice for us. Just as Leenaleena said, it just sounds smoother in our language.

Quote Originally Posted by yango View Post
    jeah absolute this. I guess its actually something that we German use the most. So if u read Retri, u can guess it was some german people.
    In german its "Vergelter" or "Vergeltungspaladin", so Retri is kinda nice for us. Just as Leenaleena said, it just sounds smoother in our language.
    Makes sense. It's still a little triggering but at least it has a good reason behind it.

Deleted
    It's ret, just like it's ult in MOBAs.

Quote Originally Posted by yango View Post
    Oh yes, language specifics.
    We here in Motherland use mostly "Retrick", for the exact same reason, simple "Ret" just doesn't roll off the tongue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say Palabution. Take that haters!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Palabution Retridin. We've come full circle.

Deleted
    It's about as annoying as that stupid recent trend of abbreviating million to "kk" instead of "m". Thank god that seems to have died out.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    *Literally explodes*
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Guess that changes in each country because of pronunciation. Since english isn t our first language, we usually change a bit english original accent. When I say Ret, for example, i feel as if i'm shortening Retard, (or retardin, I heard this one too) whereas retri seems more correct. Also, because of our different languages, adding that 2nd syllable doesn t seem wrong to me, instead, to me it seems more similar to my language, so i tend to feel as if it is better to hear.

If you hear it from english people, that s probably because they first heard that from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say ret even though it gets thrown around a lot with "Retardin"

Russians say "Retrick". Personally I am comfortable with Ret or ret pala.

Deleted
    I'm usually called lolret on single targets raidbosses in my guild. But only until we get to bosses with several adds, then they call me "stop pulling more of the fucking adds around the boss you retard"

In some languages Ret is weird to pronounce and Retri more fluid. In Portuguese, for exemple.

Deleted
    They peculiar thing is when someone say ret/retro pally/pala.I mean what else could it be? If u choose abrevs go full out. Apply to the damn thing as 900 I'll ret and not as 900 ilcl ret pala

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in vanilla it was retardin, retadin, retlol, ret, and pvp.

In BC I heard it referred to as bonkadin/bonkbelf/bonk

I like bonk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    This is far and away the most ridiculous thing that has happened to Paladins recently.

Uhh... Clearly you missed the part of Legion where they took fucking Hammer of Wrath away from us.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Uhh... Clearly you missed the part of Legion where they took fucking Hammer of Wrath away from us.
    We only needed hammer to fill the hole in our rotation, we don't need it anymore.