Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many of you are little bots. You don't play a game to have fun, you play it, seemingly, to accomplish chores. "Must farm AP. Now, Order Resources..."

If you don't need AP anymore then... do something else. OH NO! You find yourself lost in a game that doesn't tell you what to do? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The huge amount of AP you get from 1 time quests like the ballance of power stuff or Suramar does that too, even just at AK 25. Do those at 35 or higher on an alt and you will be past your 4th gold dragon just from a few quests.
    BoP takes multiple weeks, though. And Suramar can be done in a day, but it's a long grind, even with flying.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    They gave us the prospect of 50. We're not talking about hard facts, but about what the players will feel. People planned with 50, they planned to catch their alts up to 45 instantly. They planned to get concordance itself at least very easily for alts with AK50. They planned for all this. This is like you earning 5000$ a month and 15 days into the month your boss comes to you "Hey, I'll only pay you 2500 this month, but you haven't earned any more yet, so it's cool, right?"
    You're comparing stats in a video game to an income which literally sustains your lifestyle and ability to eat/provide/etc.

Some people take this stuff wayyyyy too seriously. Its worrying.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    BoP takes multiple weeks, though. And Suramar can be done in a day, but it's a long grind, even with flying.
    Those are just 2 examples there are plenty of other things out there that weren't intended for high AK levels and certainly benefit from them. Unlocking your 3rd relic slot is a great early example that is worth 5 million ap at 30. When you are a fresh 110 that will almost get you to your old paragon traits by itself.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Why on earth would you need to grind AP now? With AK40 you'll reach Concordance rather comfortably with normal gameplay.
    After that? Who cares?
    there's 50 more points after that that quadruple the strength of concordance
    so yeah it does matter. sure not as much as the old 0.5% used to, but it does. if i stop farming it at least at a reasonable state i will feel like im letting the guild down, not to mention how since because i still have no idea which of my 3 specs is gonna be the best i basically have to keep all 3 of them up

You say you nerfed AK down to 40 levels to lower the amount of time people feel like they are horribly inefficient. Nicely thought out, but completly ineffectual. It's much easier to never give a kid candy then to give candy to the kid, make it wait for 2 months to get said candy, and then call backsies after a month. Regardless of if the kid ever deserved candy, that kid is going to be angry with you.

That's what you have done. Instead of feeling like their AP farming again means something at 40, you've essentially ensured that players will now feel that their AP farming is useless for the entire rest of the patch cycle. Congrats, you extended the problem you sought to fix indefinitely.

Youre overestimating the amount of people who care or farm AP beyond 52.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    so yeah it does matter. sure not as much as the old 0.5% used to, but it does. if i stop farming it at least at a reasonable state i will feel like im letting the guild down, not to mention how since because i still have no idea which of my 3 specs is gonna be the best i basically have to keep all 3 of them up
    looooooooooll

They will end up giving it back in 7.3 and Lore can make a huge video on it. As for the concordance, that shit will just be changed in 7.3 as well..

looooooooooll
    well that was constructive

10+ Year Old Account
    You say you nerfed AK down to 40 levels to lower the amount of time people feel like they are horribly inefficient. Nicely thought out, but completly ineffectual. It's much easier to never give a kid candy then to give candy to the kid, make it wait for 2 months to get said candy, and then call backsies after a month. Regardless of if the kid ever deserved candy, that kid is going to be angry with you.

That's what you have done. Instead of feeling like their AP farming again means something at 40, you've essentially ensured that players will now feel that their AP farming is useless for the entire rest of the patch cycle. Congrats, you extended the problem you sought to fix indefinitely.
    But you didnt had ak50, you barely reached 37 just now its more like you say you get 5 bon-bons but instead you only get 4
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Oh you were actually serious about grinding concordance for 3 specs in order to not to disappoint your guild?
    May I ask which one of the top 3 guilds you're in?

And after that - do you know how to do basic math?
    Does your guild master know?

Ok - so let's assume you have AK50. Now, please explain to me (in numbers, please) how much time it takes to reach 50 points in corcordance for your 3 specs?
    Since you're in top 3 guild where this might matter (but really doesn't), let's assume that you're a professional WoW streamer and you play ..hhmmm.. about 18 hours a day - most of that running back to back M+ higher than +10?

So where do we land? +5% dps increase and that takes... about 400 years?

Or might it just be that you're using a shitty hyperbole to drive some weird hardcore narrative in your head?

Why on earth would you need to grind AP now? With AK40 you'll reach Concordance rather comfortably with normal gameplay.
    After that? Who cares?
    I assume he means putting more than 1 point in Concordance

Deleted
    Judging your input, it was. You aren't suppose to max out the paragon trait.

Oh you were actually serious about grinding concordance for 3 specs in order to not to disappoint your guild?
    May I ask which one of the top 3 guilds you're in?

And after that - do you know how to do basic math?
    Does your guild master know?

Ok - so let's assume you have AK50. Now, please explain to me (in numbers, please) how much time it takes to reach 50 points in corcordance for your 3 specs?
    Since you're in top 3 guild where this might matter (but really doesn't), let's assume that you're a professional WoW streamer and you play ..hhmmm.. about 18 hours a day - most of that running back to back M+ higher than +10?

So where do we land? +5% dps increase and that takes... about 400 years?

Or might it just be that you're using a shitty hyperbole to drive some weird hardcore narrative in your head?
    i'm not the one throwing hyperboles between the two of us.
    i never said i grind 18 hours a day, i never said i want 50 points right now
    all i said, is that it'd have felt much less of an endless ladder if we had 10 more knowledge under our belt

not to mention it being much less of a hassle to level alts etc

in what way is your gameplay better with the knowledge cap being 40 instead of 50?
    in no way.
    all it is is a thinly veiled attempt at arbitrarly making the "content" last longer

if you cant see that i'm not the delusional one.

and yes, if the majority of the guild is ahead of me in artifact points, i feel like shit, if you dont then you dont play wow for the same reason i do, and that's ok, but just because your prorities are different doesnt mean yours are the only right ones
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-05-23 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Those are just 2 examples there are plenty of other things out there that weren't intended for high AK levels and certainly benefit from them. Unlocking your 3rd relic slot is a great early example that is worth 5 million ap at 30. When you are a fresh 110 that will almost get you to your old paragon traits by itself.
    Oh, I totally agree. I was just adding context to your "just a few quests" line.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Most players a) don't play much these days (Maybe 1-2 hours every day), b) Have alts, c) aren't confined to a spec.

I'll be satisfied (and "done") with AP the day I have 52 points on every single Weapon on every single one of my alts. I have one of every class. Many people are like me. Blizzard just essentially said "Fuck you" to me and players like me.

Well fair enough, but y'all aint getting the sub money no more.
    No they didn't, not even a little bit. They actually said "hey once you get AK40 on one character you can have it on all your characters."

- - - Updated - - -

You won't be letting your guild down because the rest of your guild members who aren't idiots would have already stopped grinding AP.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post

You won't be letting your guild down because the rest of your guild members who aren't idiots would have already stopped grinding AP.
    i think this all comes down to the semantic argument of what constitutes as "grind"
    i'm not saying im literally sitting there farming m+ all day
    but most people in my guild(and A literal ton of other guilds at or above our level) are doing basically every or most LFR normal HC mythic raid every week, at least a couple m+s, most AP WQs , and sometimes even a round of normal mythics.
    im still only at 52/49/39 on my weapons and i need them to be at least 52/52/52 for ToS since we still dont know which spec is gonna be the best one out of them.

granted it's also for the legendary farm of which most of us needs at least 1-2 more, but AP is a huge factor nonetheless

for me anything i wouldnt be doing had it not been for AP and/or legendary dropchance is basically grind

for some people it's not grind unless you sit there farming m+ 25/8

if i didnt do any of these, and just raided mythic and maybe HC NH every week i'd be at like 50 points on one weapon
    so yeah i do need to grind
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-05-23 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    i'm not the one throwing hyperboles between the two of us.
    all i said, is that it'd have felt much less of an endless ladder if we had 10 more knowledge under our belt
    Except it wouldn't be. It's just the same endless ladder. If the difference is 400/200/100/50 years - it really does not make any difference at all in the context of this expac.

Bottomline: You're not supposed to be grinding it - the bang for buck ratio is awful.
    If you're in a top 10 guild and if you have a shot at winning the race - then maybe. But only maybe.
    The rest of us mortals - it's just waste of your time.

Trust me. Anyone grinding Concordance is a complete idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I assume he means putting more than 1 point in Concordance
    I think he actually means "grinding it competitively to gain performance edge" - and that is... foolish at best.

i think this all comes down to the semantic argument of what constitutes as "grind"
    i'm not saying im literally sitting there farming m+ all day
    but most people in my guild(and A literal ton of other guilds at or above our level) are doing basically every normal HC mythic raid every week, at least a couple m+s, most AP WQs , and sometimes even a round of normal mythics.
    im still only at 52/49/39 on my weapons and i need them to be at least 52/52/52 for ToS since we still dont know which spec is gonna be the best one out of them.

granted it's also for the legendary farm of which most of us needs at least 1-2 more, but AP is a huge factor nonetheless
    You don't need them to be 52/52/52 for TOS launch. you'll survive using a spec that might not be perfect for the first couple weeks, and with a few weeks you'll be at AK 40 and you'll be getting like 3-4 times the AP you're getting now and you'll cap all 3 artifacts no problem.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    The AK cap discussed here has little effect on you getting to 52 though. You're not even AK40 yet. No one is. So even if the cap would be AK50, that wouldn't make any difference at all for you right now.

You'll get there - the remaining 3-4 AK levels will boost your remaining specs to 52 without "crazy LFR grind".

And for your own sake, please stop there. Grinding Concordance is fools errand.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-05-23 at 06:12 PM.