Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    The laugh for me is that Ornyx says " and we do want players to hit a point where they feel they have capped their Artifact Knowledge, so they can move on to other things." You mean move on from once every few days making two clicks? It isn't like AK was some thing we farmed. I'd rather be done with AP than AK, but hey that is me. Since AK is something I think about next to never except, oh yellow dot comes up to do, lets click it.

Otherwise though, I enjoy that he called that person out to see their Armory and their lack of content participation. Then again, it comes back to the old statement of "Just because the content exists, doesn't mean its content I like." and "Just because it isn't content you like doesn't mean it isn't content." battle. I'll never see pet battles as content I do, not for me. So really doing 100% of the content is something that is probably a little on the rare side.
    Agree with your point about moving on. If you want us to feel as if we are free to swap and explore other toons, give us a legit cap on concordance and you will have achieved that entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrubba View Post
    Agree with your point about moving on. If you want us to feel as if we are free to swap and explore other toons, give us a legit cap on concordance and you will have achieved that entirely.
    There's a soft cap on Concordance after the first point, and you've been able to play other toons since 7.2, since grinding AP is foolish.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    There's a soft cap on Concordance after the first point, and you've been able to play other toons since 7.2, since grinding AP is foolish.
    After reaching 52, or at least reaching 52 before ToS. Then AP grind is totally foolish, but I get what you mean. In reality it was always kind of foolish as AK exists, but yeah 7.2 is more alt friendly.

Still doesn't reduce how laughable the statement of "we want you to move on from AK." like AK was this thing holding anyone back.

lmao that last comment / call out was amazing....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

After reaching 52, or at least reaching 52 before ToS. Then AP grind is totally foolish, but I get what you mean. In reality it was always kind of foolish as AK exists, but yeah 7.2 is more alt friendly.

Still doesn't reduce how laughable the statement of "we want you to move on from AK." like AK was this thing holding anyone back.
    Well apparently it is. I know for fact that there are people out there that are like "THIS HAS A CAP, MUST CAP, DON'T CARE IF I HAVE TO PLAY FOR 9 YEARS STRAIGHT, WILL CAP!"

Blizzard should just put a bunch of meaningless things to cap in game like clearing so many dungeons or collecting dead moles.

On topic, Ornyx is the man

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Well apparently it is. I know for fact that there are people out there that are like "THIS HAS A CAP, MUST CAP, DON'T CARE IF I HAVE TO PLAY FOR 9 YEARS STRAIGHT, WILL CAP!"

Blizzard should just put a bunch of meaningless things to cap in game like clearing so many dungeons or collecting dead moles.

On topic, Ornyx is the man
    Yes, there are completionists, but lets face it there is NOTHING about AK that requires any effort. Most people have the resources passively and it is exactly two clicks to make it research and two clicks to complete it. It takes seconds to achieve AK, and if you fall behind the system even catches you up. Nothing about moving on from AK is an actual concern to blizzard, because no one is fretting about the effort of getting AK. Its a BS line.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should do that more. Other teams do it plenty, especially Jeff on the OW forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Fucking owned. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Will the "Unprofessional. Should be fired" crowd please deposit their coats in the left room and the "Lol what a zinger" crowd please deposit their coats in the right room.

Welcome to this thread, I hope you enjoy your stay.
    If the situation were reversed, there would be no hesitation from a player to lay down such an argument picking on someone's participation in the content.
    How many times have we accused blizzard of not playing their own game.

So really, we are just getting a long overdue taste of our own medicine.

Good for Ornyx.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Buuuuuuuuuurn

They should do that more often, this whole "I am the customer treat me right!" is wrong, considering the customer is 99% wrong every, single, time.

WoW isnt any different.

No content = bullshit. Completing the content you prefer and then asking when more is coming = OK. At least in my eyes.
    No it's not okay at all. That's like buying a fighting game then complaining there's not enough arenas or character. No, you play with what they give you, if it's not enough for you then don't play. You're not here to beg for things, you're here to play with their product, if you don't like it don't play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I love this. Ornyx is not taking crap from people complaining about the AK "nerf". A poster on the official forums replied to a blue:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    As she noted, this change is mainly aimed at increasing base Artifact Power gains instead of an over-reliance on Artifact Knowledge - and we do want players to hit a point where they feel they have capped their Artifact Knowledge, so they can move on to other things.

Then Ornyx comes in with the punch!:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

I assume you're trying to make a joke about content, because, looking at your Armory, it appears you've only engaged with about 25% of Legion.
    I'm glad blizz is taking a hard stance at the whine that constantly plagues their forums. Much of it is just unfounded hostility for the sake of hostility, and its not warranted to be rude in any instance to the CMs or any other Blizzard employee.
    Fire Ornyx. Blizzard employees are not supposed to take jabs at their paying customers.

If the guy doesn't do dungeons, doesn't raid, doesn't even lfr, what does he need AK and AP for anyway? At some point I believe that understanding "this isn't the game for me" is the way to go. If you don't do anything BUT pet battles, and they don't pump out enough for you, maybe it's time you move on. If you don't do anything but pvp, BUT you can't stand WoW PvP, maybe it's time to move on. Complaining the game doesn't cater to you or your preferences is absurd. I hope more devs take pot shots; need to cut down on the crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    What do you find so compelling about 7.2 if you don't mind me asking? I've done the mage tower challenge, and have Concordance of the Legionfall.
    7.2 is the patch that changed class abilities, made balance changes and added a whole slew of content leading up to the opening of the Tomb of Sargeras. They even added a whole NEW dungeon, yet you still seem to think there is "no" content in this patch. They added brand new world quests, a new zone, new reputation based chests, new gear sets obtainable through PVP.

As much as you think there isn't stuff to do, there is TONS, but maybe what you like to participate in is just what? raids? dungeons? mythics? If you havent completed Mythic Guldan then im sorry, you still have shit to do.

If you still havent completed mythic+20 Cathederal of the Eternal night, then im sorry you still have shit to do. If you still haven't gotten exaulted with every faction, then im sorry you still have shit to do. And all this is not even taking into consideration doing the story on alt characters.

Agreed, "moving on" from AK just means I need to find something else to do at work instead of spending a few seconds loading up another research book.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    No it's not okay at all. That's like buying a fighting game then complaining there's not enough arenas or character. No, you play with what they give you, if it's not enough for you then don't play. You're not here to beg for things, you're here to play with their product, if you don't like it don't play it.
    Except a fighting game has one purpose: you fight. Fighting games don't detour into "OK, you finished all your fights, now go tend to this garden or sew some robes."
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Haha. I love it when blues troll back. They have all the data combined with rhetorical eloquence. They can really put out some high quality stuff.

Otherwise though, I enjoy that he called that person out to see their Armory and their lack of content participation. Then again, it comes back to the old statement of "Just because the content exists, doesn't mean its content I like." and "Just because it isn't content you like doesn't mean it isn't content." battle. I'll never see pet battles as content I do, not for me. So really doing 100% of the content is something that is probably a little on the rare side.
    If you don't like dungeons & raids, why the fuck would you play WoW though? That's like the meat of max level content, unless you're here just for PvP (and trust me that person didn't do PvP. Even I'm Prestige 5 and I barely PvP. That poster was Prestige 0).

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    As someone who has done:
    - Every raid 100% completed on LFR, Normal, and Heroic (most of EN/ToV/NH on Mythic as well)
    - Every dungeon and M+, many, MANY times
    - More World Quests than probably anyone posting in this thread
    - Every major questline in Legion, including Legionfall, as well as every minor questline (there's essentially no yellow "!"s except the weekly Archaeology one)
    - Most of the Pet Battle content
    - Half of Brawler's Guild, but have completed Seasons 1 and 2 and I'm just too lazy to do more atm
    - 2/4 of my Mage Tower challenges; working on the 3rd and the 4th I won't get for awhile (I'm too shit at Feral)
    - Professions, even gotten every Legion recipe 3-starred from that fat fucking dreadlord Nomi

I believe I have a right to complain about the lack of content, no? Besides hardcore PvP, there's really not much else I haven't covered and almost no content (besides the new raid which I need my guild to do at specific times) is coming for the next few months. Am I allowed to complain?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Except a fighting game has one purpose: you fight. Fighting games don't detour into "OK, you finished all your fights, now go tend to this garden or sew some robes."
    No, indeed, they have different features, and you're not forced to do them if you don't like them. Exactly like WoW, nothing forces you to do what you don't like, including playing the game altogether.

In both cases you're allowed to beg for more of the content you like, in both cases it's completely out of place cuz some people enjoy that content, companies have limited ressources, they do what they think is best, if there's no enough for you then it's just to bad, find a game that has what you want instead of wasting time where you don't belong.

PS. Not using "you" as in "you mister Jimson", just generic word, you get the idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Fire Ornyx. Blizzard employees are not supposed to take jabs at their paying customers.
    Did you remember to desposit your coat in the left room like I asked?