Page 83 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I hope you understand that saying "Don't worry, this will be fixed after you're dead" won't make people who are currently alive feel better about the situation.
    Maybe not, but I don't think everyone should demand that every complex problem affecting the entire world should be fixed with a quick and easy solution.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    For the families of the people killed it's a terrible thing, for a city of ~a million people it's a slight shock.
    It's not just about the arithmetic. Sure, math doesn't care about 22 people of 1M+.

It's about human psychology and feeling unsafe in the streets of your city that's the far bigger issue.
    People do not want to live in constant fear that some religious whackjob will blow them up.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Maybe not, but I don't think everyone should demand that every complex problem affecting the entire world should be fixed with a quick and easy solution.
    Why should I care about what happens after I've died? Why should other people?

Saying It's fine guys, it might be fixed in a century is nothing but a pisstake.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The fact you described the killing of 22 (10 children) people by terrorism a, "slight shock" should illuminate the problem.

Even in the Middle East, terrorist attacks aren't considered as a slight shock.
    Well I'm sorry the whole city isn't going to roll over and grind to a halt or explode in self-destructive violence trying to oust the "bad" people or whatever you want to happen now, but after helping the victims and mourning the lost life will carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's not just about the arithmetic. Sure, math doesn't care about 22 people of 1M+.

It's about human psychology and feeling unsafe in the streets of your city that's the far bigger issue.
    People do not want to live in constant fear that some religious whackjob will blow them up.
    This. It cannot be reduced to arithmetics alone (take that from someone from a guy who does at least know sophomore-level calculus ;-) ).

It is about the Europe of 1950-2000 probably being the safest land (or continent) ever, in the history of man. One literally had little to be afraid of in the streets. It's very, very hard to convince the average Joe (or Joerine) of Europe that they have to sacrifice their safety on the alter of Multiculturalism. It just doesn't sit right with many Europeans, among which I count myself one.
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2017-05-23 at 10:08 PM.

Can we dispense with the concern trolling from people who use this as an excuse to further their political motives?

Again, folks, you are even confusely aware that the laws protections religious freedom were not made to appeal to Muslims, but very white people ?

The 1689 Toleration Act was to give basic rights to non-Anglican protestants (presumably because it would have been mightily embarrassing to prosecute the calvinists Dutch pals of William...)

Well I'm sorry the whole city isn't going to roll over and grind to a halt or explode in self-destructive violence trying to oust the "bad" people or whatever you want to happen now, but after helping the victims and mourning the lost life will carry on.
    Sounds like a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense. I never said people need to oust anyone. In fact I have zero clue where you think my post was even suggesting such.

I do take issue however with people trying to normalize events like this. That level of apathy is borderline deranged.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Again, folks, you are even confusely aware that the laws protections religious freedom were not made to appeal to Muslims, but very white people ?

The 1689 Toleration Act was to give basic rights to non-Anglican protestants (presumably because it would have been mightily embarrassing to prosecute the calvinists Dutch pals of William...)
    So wait, are you saying that Muslims shouldn't be protected under these laws because it wasn't the intention of the laws in the first place?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Muslims can be very white people too. Just throwing that out there.

Thats really callous of you, you should at least use a flag filter
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Which just shows your ignorance. For the families of the people killed it's a terrible thing, for a city of ~a million people it's a slight shock. Other than supporting the victims, grieving the lost and hoping security forces can stop similar events in the future there isn't a lot that needs to be done by the people of Manchester.
    A terrorist attacks a concert filled with little girls and, to you, that is a "slight shock."

Honestly, there is nothing more i can say to that. It just shows you how far Western civilization has sunk when someone is willing to accept the murder of children or at least call it a "slight shock."

I say- it is time to change the way we fight this "war" in order to protect children. I think a good first step is to stop letting these people go after they are interviewed.

The Ft. Hood killer (USA)- interviewed and let go.
    Pulse Nightclub killer (USA- Orlando) interviewed and let go.
    Now this guy- interviewed and let go.

Maybe, just maybe- it is time to stop letting them go after we interview them.

Not only that, we need to start taking a close look at organizations like CAIR.

These groups pretend to be humanitarian organizations while at the same time they wage "lawfare" against our law enforcement and police departments in an attempt to hamstring our law enforcement so it is harder to hold terrorists.

We have to stop this nonsense and start taking the war more seriously. People's lives are at stake- including our children. Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So wait, are you saying that Muslims shouldn't be protected under these laws because it wasn't the intention of the laws in the first place?
    No, that religious freedom is not something you can revoke to mean ''just christians''. It took considerable effort (and a civil war) to just manage to instill the idea ''protestants should get along together, kumbaya''-imagine for catholics

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post

These groups pretend to be humanitarian organizations while at the same time they wage "lawfare" against our law enforcement and police departments in an attempt to hamstring our law enforcement so it is harder to hold terrorists.

We have to stop this nonsense and start taking the war more seriously. People's lives are at stake- including our children. Enough is enough.
    We could learn a great deal from MOSSAD. They know a terrorist when they see one. ;-)

These scumbags can no longer be given the benefit of doubt, or we will see this over and over and over.
    I think the life of a salafist is worth so little that its better to snuff it out than to risk the lives of real Europeans.

My ultimate goal, politically, is a Europe that is rid of Islam. All of Islam expelled in the long run. Why cant it just stay in the Middle East? With the right political moves, it is possible. I believe we will eventually get there. Austria already banned the burka. Things are beginning to roll.
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2017-05-23 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    A terrorist attacks a concert filled with little girls and, to you, that is a "slight shock."

Honestly, there is nothing more i can say to that. It just shows you how far Western civilization has sunk when someone is willing to accept the murder of children or at least call it a "slight shock."

I say- it is time to change the way we fight this "war" in order to protect children. I think a good first step is to stop letting these people go after they are interviewed.

The Ft. Hood killer (USA)- interviewed and let go.
    Pulse Nightclub killer (USA- Orlando) interviewed and let go.
    Now this guy- interviewed and let go.

Maybe, just maybe- it is time to stop letting them go after we interview them.

But how are you going to do it, this strategy that work so well of attacking countries at random to punish them for the acts of someone who was not even born there ?

Kauze, Libya have already been freedomized. You would need to bomb away what pass as a government, clone Khadaffi, then bomb him away.

Deleted
    No, that religious freedom is not something you can revoke to mean ''just christians''.
    Course you can.
    It took considerable effort (and a civil war) to just manage to instill the idea ''protestants should get along together, kumbaya''-imagine for catholics
    Immagine if the protestants had been blowing up concert halls.
    I'm thinking that "The 1689 Toleration Act" would have been repealed tout suite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This is just playing thought police. You can't ban people from having ideas.
    You're right. We can't ban people from having ideas. So we can just ban the people that are most likely to have those ideas from entering our country as immigrants or refugees. Which we can do.

We are a sovereign country, we don't have to let anybody in.

I came late to the party just to laugh at Nixx for being the most wrong a person has ever been. Turns out it is an explosion. Turns out it was a suicide bomber. Turns out it was a terror attack. Turns out the prime suspect was muslim. Turns out ISIS claims responsibility for the attack. That's a prime example of what being a hopeless ideologe does.

[Infracted - Flaming other Users]

Granted, the information is based on temporary evidence and not finalized. But we have no reason to assume differently at the moment both because the official sources and prior experience tell us this is the most likely scenario.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-05-24 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Course you can.

Immagine if the protestants had been blowing up concert halls.
    I'm thinking that "The 1689 Toleration Act" would have been repealed tout suite.
    Guy Fawkes is something else than the mask wore by hacktivists, you know ? (Please note here that this was the kind of ''plot'' that was actually used to repress the rights of dissenters-Titus Oates was truly the Jacobean Alex Jones, if more lucid)

No, that religious freedom is not something you can revoke to mean ''just christians''. It took considerable effort (and a civil war) to just manage to instill the idea ''protestants should get along together, kumbaya''-imagine for catholics
    If the law wasn't created with the intention of covering Muslims, isn't that like making the argument that the Second Amendment actually protects the right of Militia groups to have tanks and nuclear weapons?