Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't take the reactions seriously when the scenario is obviously bullshit.

I reckon these people would say different if it wasn't a situation that felt incredibly awkward and shady. Personally I'd sell it and go straight to the pet store and get a puppy.
    Last edited by Gully Man; 2017-05-24 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Money literally can replace a fluffy snuggling doggo in your arms. It can replace that ~1,000 times. You could basically trade your single dog for an army of dogs.
    Every dog has a personality. My dogs are already bonded to myself and my partner (and, indeed, treat us differently than strangers). Not only would it be harmful to them to sell them, but it would be painful for me. $100k isn't much money, and certainly can't replace the void in my heart if I lost my precious babies.

If the money was clean. (Not stolen, ect ect) and I had time to think about it. I'd probably take the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Every dog has a personality. My dogs are already bonded to myself and my partner (and, indeed, treat us differently than strangers). Not only would it be harmful to them to sell them, but it would be painful for me. $100k isn't much money, and certainly can't replace the void in my heart if I lost my precious babies.
    I get that, but $100,000 is a lot of money. For most people that's at least a years salary. In a year you could buy a new dog which you could develop a new bond with.

I understand people get attached to their dogs, but it's much more people becoming attached than it is your dog being attached to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I get that, but $100,000 is a lot of money. For most people that's at least a years salary. In a year you could buy a new dog which you could develop a new bond with.

I understand people get attached to their dogs, but it's much more people becoming attached than it is your dog being attached to you.
    How's that different from eg. a child?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Do you have children? The bond one has with an animal isn't even comparable to that with your own child.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    A child is a human being. A dog is a dog. A dog is a lesser creature no matter how attached someone is to it.

Yep. Absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

My pets are my family. No I wouldn't. I dont understand who would, if you would why do you even own a pet?

Don't think I would be able to go through with it, my puppy had a terrible first few months of life and I would never want her to go through the trauma of being passed off again. The guilt would eat me alive. A new car or whatever would not be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This question only has one answer, and somehow almost everyone is messing it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is almost a full years salary. I love my dog, but I only had the current one for 3 months. I would not even hesitate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamned right I'd sell our dog for that.
    $100k would go a long way towards my kids' education

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    My pets are my family. No I wouldn't. I dont understand who would, if you would why do you even own a pet?
    Married into it.
    I hate that fucking dog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Do you have children? The bond one has with an animal isn't even comparable to that with your own child.
    Biologically they are very similar. Both dogs and humans release oxytocin in response to physical affection, just as humans do with their own children. They're one of the very few animals to do this with another species. Dogs, like human children, run to their owners/parents for help when they're afraid - a unique trait among animals.

I'm not saying a dog's life is worth a human's life, I don't believe it is, but they're not completely incomparable, either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    It is if you compare to an adopted child. Would you sell an adopted child? I know many people would and do, but would you?
    A child is a human being. A dog is a dog. A dog is a lesser creature no matter how attached someone is to it.
    The amount of attachment is more important than the species. Many people are more attached to their pets than they are to any people.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Money literally can replace a fluffy snuggling doggo in your arms. It can replace that ~1,000 times. You could basically trade your single dog for an army of dogs.
    An army of dogs chasing a mail man down the street!

100k $ equals close to 400k in my currency i would pay my mothers credit debt and buy a home.. i don't even have a dog tho

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    If it was for real i would do it, if i had a dog of course. This is clearly bs though, nobody would walk up to you and offer you 100k for a dog.
    Agreed. I think the shady aspect of it is what puts people off, not so much that they wouldn't do it.

I'll be the shitty person and say I would probably sell my dog for that amount of money. That amount of money would seriously improve my life and I wouldn't lose all the memories I have had with my dog up to that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a heart beat. $100,000 would pay off both my g/f's and my student loans, and car loans. No question about it.

The only thing I would require, is that the guy with the money came to the bank with me. I'm not taking his word that the money is real, and in full. We can sit at a bank teller together to make the transaction.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.