Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd sell my pets for 100k. Not much thought needed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    The one smart guy in the entire video.

I'd be like "FUCKING SOLD!" in a heartbeat. Then I'd buy 5 dogs and swim in my pile of remaining cash. Kind of hilarious that people were saying that their dog was unique... Umm... no. Your dog is not really all that unique.

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but $100,000? Yeah fuck that. You can eat my dog for $100,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Money literally can replace a fluffy snuggling doggo in your arms. It can replace that ~1,000 times. You could basically trade your single dog for an army of dogs.
    Wow, thought I was heartless. A dog isn't a TV. GTFO the gene pool.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

The one smart guy in the entire video.

I'd be like "FUCKING SOLD!" in a heartbeat. Then I'd buy 5 dogs and swim in my pile of remaining cash. Kind of hilarious that people were saying that their dog was unique... Umm... no. Your dog is not really all that unique.
    Of course it is unique. Because it's mine. Because there are feelings attached to it. It's a family member. All my family members are unique to me, even if there are millions people like them.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    People sell dogs all the time. When you first aquire your dog, it is likely you purchased it. So what is the difference?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    People sell dogs all the time. When you first aquire your dog, it is likely you purchased it. So what is the difference?
    Feelings obviously.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

All those videos are fake anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Breeders are a different thing.

Prostitutes sell sex all the time, too. Doesn't mean everyone should.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Feelings obviously.
    I've lived with an owned pets since I was born. Many at a time. I've worked in vet clinics, and my g/f has been a vet tech for 10+ years. I still wouldn't have a problem with selling a dog for $100,000. Sure, i'd be sad to see them leave. But i'd get over it. Just like I get over any pet who passes away. But that is just me.

Deleted
    No our dogs are part of the family, can't sell them love them to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. I love my pets too much. They all have individual personalities.

and really, 100k isn't that much *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Wow, thought I was heartless. A dog isn't a TV. GTFO the gene pool.
    Heartless? No. I love dogs. I just don't think they're priceless. I could let one go for $100,000.

I understand why you might think I'm heartless, but I just have different priorities than you do. That doesn't mean I'm going to take any dog I might own in the future and try to pawn it off for a large sum of money. No, I'd love that dog just like anyone else... until someone came up to me and offered $100,000 for it. Sure, I'd miss the dog at first, but I'd get over it. You have to get over your dog anyways when it dies. Why not make some money out of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    No thanks. I love my pets too much. They all have individual personalities.

and really, 100k isn't that much *shrug*
    If I didn't have 2 car loans and 2 student loans to worry about in our household, I would agree that it isn't that much money. But that is pretty much $1,000 a month that I could take off my plate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've lived with an owned pets since I was born. Many at a time. I've worked in vet clinics, and my g/f has been a vet tech for 10+ years. I still wouldn't have a problem with selling a dog for $100,000. Sure, i'd be sad to see them leave. But i'd get over it. Just like I get over any pet who passes away. But that is just me.
    Then you haven't been attached to the animals as much as some other people.

Also working at vet clinic makes your heart a bit colder, happens with human doctors and nurses, too. When you see shit happen and people/animals die, you become more numb.

- - - Updated - - -

Heartless? No. I love dogs. I just don't think they're priceless. I could let one go for $100,000.

I understand why you might think I'm heartless, but I just have different priorities than you do. That doesn't mean I'm going to take any dog I might own in the future and try to pawn it off for a large sum of money. No, I'd love that dog just like anyone else... until someone came up to me and offered $100,000 for it. Sure, I'd miss the dog at first, but I'd get over it. You have to get over your dog anyways when it dies. Why not make some money out of it?
    You don't love dogs just like anyone else. You don't do, or even consider, such thing on someone you love. Be it an animal or a person.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Then you haven't been attached to the animals as much as some other people.

Also working at vet clinic makes your heart a bit colder, happens with human doctors and nurses, too. When you see shit happen and people/animals die, you become more numb.
    I wouldn't say I haven't been attached to the animals we're owned. I've shed countless tears over the loss of my pets who have passed away.

Perhaps i'm just less emotionally co-dependent than some others.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

because my dog is like my family, and only inhuman monsters sell family.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say I haven't been attached to the animals we're owned. I've shed countless tears over the loss of my pets who have passed away.
    But you'd sell your dog for 100k?

There's a word for that: hypocrite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    But you'd sell your dog for 100k?

There's a word for that: hypocrite.
    No, not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not at all.
    Just means you're super practical over being super emotionally involved. Nothing really wrong with either.

I'm the overly emotionally involved, because I regard them the same as family.

I mean 100k I could pay back my parents for the loan for grad school, but I (and they) would rather me pay it back slowly over time than do something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean accept or don't accept but anyone saying 100k isn't a lot of money is really full of shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    I lost my dog to cancer recently, and hell no if he was still with me you could offer me millions and id still refuse, he was like a brother to me, family. I would of never betrayed him like that.
    Yeah? How much did you spend on his treatment? Did you put him down in the end?

Sorry not trying to be mean... or single you out. But there is a dollar amount.

People no matter how much they love their pets, do have a limit for how much they are willing to spend to keep them alive.

Also we put animals to sleep, claiming its the "best" thing for them, or its the "humane" thing to do, but we don't do the same for people. If its right and humane... it should transcend species.

Also food for thought. The company that supplies one of the key chemicals required for lethal injection stopped supplying their product because research came out that suggested that the lethal injection stops their breathing first. Which means people who are given the death penalty via lethal injection actually die from asphyxiation. Trapped in their own bodies, likely awake, they just stop breathing. It would be the equivalent to drowning them. Which is the exact same process for animals.

I love my little Jersey girl to pieces. But I can't afford to spend even 2k to keep her around for another year or 2, when she is likely to die of old age then anyway. I'm just saying it sucks to think about... but be honest with yourself about what you are truly willing to do.

My sons though... I'd do anything for. Anything... if I have to kill Jaylock for them to live... well... sorry Jaylock has to go.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-05-24 at 04:52 PM.