Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Wut did you mean 6k?

Anyway, no need. Just hide them if you don't car about them.
    You can spend Order Resources each week for your Seal of Broken Fate, that's where I was getting the 6k from.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    They could add something to spend them on that wouldn't be enough of an incentive to specifically farm them... Just something to dump the excess into. How about 1 blood of sargeras per x ammount of resources (maybe 500 each... Nobody would farm 500 resources to get 1 blood).
    I get 200 OR on most world quests, that would not be unrealistic at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Just something to dump the excess into.
    Unless you have been grinding them unnecessarily - one wouldn't have a significant excess, and Blizzard tries to avoid encouraging of grinding these days, so I doubt they will change that.

I've just done my 2500th WQ, have 2-4 missions running all the time ... doing all the emissary/paragon - have a total of around 10k resources on my main.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Unless you have been grinding them unnecessarily - one wouldn't have a significant excess, and Blizzard tries to avoid encouraging of grinding these days, so I doubt they will change that.
    I've certainly not been grinding them unnecessarily. The only time I actually do a WQ that has them if it's an easy one for the emissary chest or if it's on the broken shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I've certainly not been grinding them unnecessarily. The only time I actually do a WQ that has them if it's an easy one for the emissary chest or if it's on the broken shore.
    Me neither, but I do a world quest with them as a reward usually for the 125g, the reputation, an emissary, or an invasion.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I've certainly not been grinding them unnecessarily.
    Then you won't have many hanging around ... so no problem.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted
    Then you won't have many hanging around ... so no problem.
    I have 130k...

I've just done my 2500th WQ, have 2-4 missions running all the time ... doing all the emissary/paragon - have a total of around 10k resources on my main.
    I've been doing all the missions I can every day on my main, keeping his work orders up, and I haven't been grinding Resources in particular, just doing the emissary quest each day, and I have ~160k resources on my DK.

This is while I've been maintaining 11 alts through their campaigns, Broken Shore questline and their own missions, so I haven't had time to grind resources. The most grinding I did was on my Druid the other day for a couple days, took him from 10k to 50k, and that was good. But that was far faster than my DK, who has more than he can spend - I even bought a number of AK tomes just because I had so many resources, even though there will be more powerful ones in a couple weeks.

I have 130k...
    Then you shouldn't have been grinding them unnecessarily dude... There really isn't any reason for a CR sink.... that's my point.

Deleted
    Like I said. I don't actively seek out resource WQs unless it's easy to do for the emissary.
    You contradict yourself here. By picking the EASY ones, you are actively seeking out those that sometimes grant you more resources. If you do not want more, don't do the WQs AT ALL. Pick something else! It goes for both you and @Nnyco above, you are meant to get more and more resources over the course of the expansion, it's designed so that if you do certain content, you get more than you can spend, but you can really eliminate some of the income by being picky. Don't do the content that gives you resources, like handing in Legionfall War Supplies or opening the Nethershard treasure chests. And if you do it anyway, accept that you have all these resources and nothing to spend them on, just like in WoD. Only difference was that those resources had a cap and this one doesn't.

Deleted
    I can't even keep my characters above 3k OH while doing missions, I have a 110 Hunter/DH.

Deleted
    Then you shouldn't have been grinding them unnecessarily dude... There really isn't any reason for a CR sink.... that's my point.
    Did you even read my original post? I've not been grinding them and somehow I've amassed 130k without any way to spend it.

The two actions aren't mutually exclusive.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Currently 5 characters:

Yes I have used a +100 OR trait or follower item on most of them, right now since 7.2 leveling other followers via WQ before putting purple equipment on them.

I run equipment work orders non-stop on 4 of those.

And even stopped caring about "increased order resource cost" mission counters.

I never grind them, they just come in so quick via WQ/Broken shore caches/chests/rares.

Of course someone who just raids/M+/pvp or RP/Transmogs all day won't have as much :P

If I do an order resource WQ it's usually because it's a quick one, close to another, or on broken shore, or just general for the 50-75 gold from follower items. Also rep for the paragon mount bags (still need 2, and "blue" quests give 150-350 rep)

I would like some sink for them, doesn't need to be gold/AP or character power. They tried to update the class hall set in 7.2 but still is locked behind rep/dungeons and the upgrade tokens beyond 840 don't come via order resources but from rare WQ spawns.

I am not actively skipping OR WQs cause theres other benefits to be had :P

Now I do plan to get 7 more 110s, but still got bloods if I ever need a lot of them quick.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-24 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    You contradict yourself here. By picking the EASY ones, you are actively seeking out those that sometimes grant you more resources. If you do not want more, don't do the WQs AT ALL. Pick something else! It goes for both you and @Nnyco above, you are meant to get more and more resources over the course of the expansion, it's designed so that if you do certain content, you get more than you can spend, but you can really eliminate some of the income by being picky. Don't do the content that gives you resources, like handing in Legionfall War Supplies or opening the Nethershard treasure chests. And if you do it anyway, accept that you have all these resources and nothing to spend them on, just like in WoD. Only difference was that those resources had a cap and this one doesn't.
    It is not a contradiction if the only criteria I do them is when:

A. There are no other WQs worth doing for the emissary (There are often times when an emissary zone only has 4 WQs to do).
    B. I want a quick completion if the WQ is for example kill a single mob.

Every other time I've actively avoided them.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-05-24 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Well, that's a fun solution.

"Don't consume content or deal with an excess of currency".

As tempting as it is not to gamble for better gear, Curious Coins and gold, I think I'd prefer then allowing us to buy Bloods of Sargeras, Follower upgrades or BoA Resource chests with our excess chests.

Besides, this is a nature result of doing the emissary quest every day on my main. I have alts crying out for more resources, and no way to shift my main's excess to them. Thus the problem. If I could get this much excess so easily by "grinding" specifically for them I wouldn't have two alts on the verge of being unable to run their missions.
    Last edited by Soeroah; 2017-05-24 at 05:38 PM.

I stopped doing WQ's about 2 months ago when I hit 120kish or so. I am down to about 10k now so I may start doing some again. My advice to the people swimming in resources. Stop doing WQ's lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    how do you even get above 100k?

i have barely 12.5k, and the amount is getting lower and lower because of the follower missions and AK work orders.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I stopped doing WQ's about 2 months ago when I hit 120kish or so. I am down to about 10k now so I may start doing some again. My advice to the people swimming in resources. Stop doing WQ's lol.
    When I am better making gold elsewhere, I will.
    Just so far I have had rather underwhelming results with that.

Then you've not been doing your emissaries + Broken Shore WQs. Those alone will drown you in resources easily.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    It is not a contradiction if the only criteria I do them is when
    The fact that you have criterias for doing them, means you ARE actively seeking them out. You have other options, easy or not, go do those and your income will be reduced. And if you run with a bodyguard that has resource equipment, replace them. You have so many things you CAN do to avoid getting resources at this point, yet you choose to do them anyway, so it's really your own fault. Yours, not Blizzards.