Poll: Do you flush your mouth after washing teeth with toothpaste?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You should rinse with mouth wash, not water.
    If you use mouth wash, you should rinse with after that as well, as far as I know.

Deleted
    no my dentist says you shouldnt

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    If you use mouth wash, you should rinse with after that as well, as far as I know.
    Not true at all, rinsing after mouthwash defeats the purpose of using mouthwash. Heck, every bottle should state don't rinse and don't eat or drink within 30 mins of using mouthwash.

Rinse with mouthwash for minty fresh breath

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I've always flushed my mouth with water after washing teeth with toothpaste. So has everyone else I know.

But apparently you are not supposed to, according to dentists.

So how about you? Do you flush?
    Rincing with water is a great way to ruin what you just did with the brushing. Don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Mouth wash is a bunch of bullshit, forced on us by marketing.

That video attacks Listerine specifically, they conned the public and profited from it.

Beyond that, there are various types of mouth wash that do more than prevent bad breath. There are those that have antiseptics to prevent plaque and others that help whiten teeth. Toothpaste is enough for me, but I can imagine those who smoke or drink a lot need to fix their breath smell or prevent yellowing of the teeth.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Yes. Why on earth would you want to swallow the funk that came off your teeth?

10+ Year Old Account
    I "brush" my teeth and "rinse" after. I've never heard anyone "wash" their teeth lol. I use water to rinse, and then if I actually had the money to buy some, I use mouthwash but I don't rinse after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yes. Why on earth would you want to swallow the funk that came off your teeth?
    cause it is just left over food that's been soaking in spit for a few hours

BECOME FIRE THE ALL CONSUMING!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Mouth wash is supposed to come after brushing, so yes.
    ^ that
    /10charsforthechargod

Sometimes....

/absorbed into the Light

i flush my toilet after i use it :P

and i don't really do what the dentist tell me to do because it just seems like they're trying to sell anything possible. i brush my teeth,rinse and that's that.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I don't flush it because my mouth doesn't have a handle on it
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Two times. Coffee would taste weird if I didn't.

Don't rinse with water. Rinse with fluoride mouthwash. It's usually purple in color, so its easy to find. Water takes off all the protective stuff you just laid on your teeth.

Also don't eat/drink for half an hour after rinsing with mouthwash/brushing.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Don't rinse with water. Rinse with fluoride mouthwash. It's usually purple in color, so its easy to find. Water takes off all the protective stuff you just laid on your teeth.

Also don't eat/drink for half an hour after rinsing with mouthwash/brushing.
    Purple? Mine is orange. I've also used blue, green, and clear!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It says "avoid swallowing" on my toothpaste. So I don't think leaving half of it in my mouth after doing the deed is prudent.

Even if you rinse with water, there is still enough on and between the teeth for the Fluoride to seep into your enamel.
    You'd literally need to swallow/eat that entire tube of toothpaste for it to have any kind of detrimental affect on your health. Just like mouthwash - poor mans drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Keyword usually :P

Mouthwash can come in all colors, but the really good stuff is usually purple. https://crest.com/en-us/products/cre...ning-mouthwash is the general idea. Notice the "with fluoride" at the top. That's what you really want in a mouthwash. It'll strength your teeth like no other.

Blue is usually the basic stuff, green generally comes with disease protection, purple is fluoride, white/clear is usually whitening, and orange is anti-septic.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-05-24 at 09:43 PM.
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Keyword usually :P

Mouthwash can come in all colors, but the really good stuff is usually purple. https://crest.com/en-us/products/cre...ning-mouthwash is the general idea. Notice the "with fluoride" at the top. That's what you really want in a mouthwash. It'll strength your teeth like no other.

Blue is usually the basic stuff, green generally comes with disease protection, purple is fluoride, white/clear is usually whitening, and orange is anti-septic.
    Not sure if you are talking about mouthwash or wow items.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Not sure if you are talking about mouthwash or wow items.
    HA! I legitimately laughed. Didn't even notice
    – C.S. Lewis