Poll: Do you miss this?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't you miss this?

Do you miss these things too?

First having to log in the login screen, First thing you feel is the immersion of the game, the awesomeness only the login screen alone would have. (Yes they are still available to see, not the same though, you only see them on the worst time... when you dc)

The old WoW launcher. I love this launcher alot more then the boring "battle.net" that we have right now. that feels so dul and not immersive at all.
    Remember clicking the "play" button and hearing that awesome sound. You knew you were going in an adventure!

And last but not least: (url cause it's to big)
    The WoW oldskool website. This site alone brings pure joy. This site alone is better then all the new site changes we ever had in WoW since cata.
    https://lepus21.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/wow1.jpg

Tbh, it feels like Blizz is making everything as convenient possible but in return they destroy any immersion the game used to have.
    This i mean with the game itself and the things surrounded by the game. Aka website, launcher etc.

I can't be alone on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Not really, i'm a fan of moving forward, not looking back. Good memories but I would never go back to the game back the way it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not really, i'm a fan of moving forward, not looking back. Good memories but I would never go back to the game back the way it was.
    Moving forward as in making everything as stale as possible? Look at old launcher and new one. It's not impressive at all. just convenient.

remember when you'd be alt-tabbed or whatever and the LK frost dragon would randomly fly by and scream/roar?

good times

I do miss the stand alone launcher and logins, but am fine with how it is now. Good trip down memory lane though!

I remember the good times racing against Sindragosa trying to log in before she starts to roar. Looking back at the Cata login screen it felt weird to have a big dragon chilling around in your face. I do miss the old launcher aswell, but I don't mind the Battle.Net launcher either. Since I play a lot more different Blizzard games its to much of a convenience to have all these games in the same launcher. And the old WoW site looks amazing, I didn't even bother visiting the site after that horrendous new look.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Moving forward as in making everything as stale as possible? Look at old launcher and new one. It's not impressive at all. just convenient.
    Opinions and such, I like the new launcher and the new site, hell I'm a big fan of the login screen too.

Though I must admit Wrath's was the best with Sindy flying around.

Opinions and such, I like the new launcher and the new site, hell I'm a big fan of the login screen too.

Though I must admit Wrath's was the best with Sindy flying around.
    wrath was the first and only log in screen that actually made me go wow, it was sick and got me pumped going into the game. like im gonna go do some epic shit. lol

As much as having one Bnet thing for all blizzard games is convenient,I do miss WoW launchers

I still think that Blizzard should just allow us to choose which login screen we'd like to use. But sadly they weren't interested in doing so.

Okay set your launcher to not automatically log you in when you click play than you will see the log in screens all the time again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, i'm a fan of moving forward, not looking back.
    I wish people would stop saying this... Moving forward doesn't always make things better.

I'm not saying it's the case in this situation, because I could not care less about these specific examples the OP gave - But in gameplay, "moving forward" seems to have been uber-casualization and the unnecessary massive pruning of abilities and RPG elements, and IMO it's a massive step in the wrong direction... Dumbed down games make for boring games.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I swear playing Wotlk and TBC and sometimes vanilla with wod models (sure same face) Is fun as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I wish people would stop saying this... Moving forward doesn't always make things better.

I'm not saying it's the case in this situation, because I could not care less about these specific examples the OP gave - But in gameplay, "moving forward" seems to have been uber-casualization and the unnecessary massive pruning of abilities and RPG elements, and IMO it's a massive step in the wrong direction... Dumbed down games make for boring games.
    I've been playing since closed beta (fileplanet? key or something) and I honestly, 100% enjoy the current iteration of the game more than ANYTHING in the past, I love the game the way it is, it's all opinions. And i don't play casually, I'm on at least 4 hours a day every day doing raids, farming shit, m+, basically every I can do.

The Wrath log in. I remember dozing off while playing the game, and being woken up by that damn dragons roar from afk dcing.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Happy to say that I missed it and happy to say that previous iterations may be better than current the iteration, this is largely up to personal preference and people shouldn't be offended if someone prefers older iterations to newer ones. If you can't understand how this is the case then I don't think anyone can help you.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

been there done, it good times and bad, why would i want to repeat it all again? that would just ruin it, after a short time you'd be like i played this for over 2 years, i killed all the bosses got all the loot etc, why repeat that? it took a lot of time and effort killing lk 25 heroic, why would i want to wipe another 250 times it wouldn't be the same epic feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since closed beta (fileplanet? key or something) and I honestly, 100% enjoy the current iteration of the game more than ANYTHING in the past, I love the game the way it is, it's all opinions. And i don't play casually, I'm on at least 4 hours a day every day doing raids, farming shit, m+, basically every I can do.

Yes, it is opinion, but saying "i'm a fan of moving forward, not looking back" implies, very heavily that this is factually "forward" and that "forward" is always good, and it isn't.

Say "I disagree and IMO the current iteration is an improvement", not "this is forward and forward is good!"... The former is clearly opinion, the latter sounds like you're attempting to state a fact.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-24 at 11:37 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yes, it is opinion, but saying "i'm a fan of moving forward, not looking back" implies, very heavily that this is factually "forward" and that "forward" is always good, and it isn't.

Say "I disagree and IMO the current iteration is an improvement", not "this is forward and forward is good!"
    And I will continue to say I want things moving forward, because I don't care if its for better or worse, its different, that's a personal opinion, forward for me is ALWAYS good because I like change

10+ Year Old Account
    And I will continue to say I want things moving forward, because I don't care if its for better or worse, its different, that's a personal opinion, forward for me is ALWAYS good because I like change
    Even bad change?