Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I am also a quarter Irish. Let's go drink a quarter of a green mug of bear on March/4 17th/4 and generally crap on Irish culture like only Americans of Irish descent can. Naturally, we should loudly boast about how proud we are to be Irish-Americans while we do this.
    I'm in!
    {10 char}

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    not going to lie, i'm a little bit concerned that all the micro breweries in the us are going to shut down, since we didn't invent beer.
    Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god.

Can we at least keep ciders? I'll even accept awful tasting IPAs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The first restaurant I worked at made really good corned beef and cabbage! It was run by an Italian guy!
    Some of the best corned beef and cabbage, in my area, is made by a local deli run by two Italian guys(brothers). Absolutely delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god. Oh man. Oh god.

Can we at least keep ciders? I'll even accept awful tasting IPAs.
    As long as it's not Angry Orchard. Drinking their cider gave me PTSD.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I mean, I'm like 90% sure that's an Irish dish and 70% of that comes from the fact that you responded to a post about being part Irish with it.

Mostly I'm just super critical of the very typically American way to be proud of one's ancestry without actually knowing much of anything about the cultures one then uses to express that pride. That has nothing to do with cultural appropriation though, just my general disdain for shallow and ostentatious displays that reflec all around laziness, thoughtlessness, and insincerity.
    its actually an irish-american dish, in Ireland it would have been bacon or ham. when the waves of Irish immigrants came over corned beef was readily available and cheap. so maybe we can keep this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    As long as it's not Angry Orchard. Drinking their cider gave me PTSD.
    Strongbow?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I mean, I'm like 90% sure that's an Irish dish and 70% of that comes from the fact that you responded to a post about being part Irish with it.
    It also had potatoes on the menu! I honestly don't know if corned beef and cabbage is really an Irish thing, but here we pretend it is. We also pretend to embrace our Scandinavian heritage by saying we've tried lutfisk, even though I don't think most Norwegians/Swedes have... whatever.

Whatever.

Onward.

Most independent startup restaurants fail within a year. Fact.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

its actually an irish-american dish, in Ireland it would have been bacon or ham. when the waves of Irish immigrants came over corned beef was readily available and cheap. so maybe we can keep this?
    Stand back, or the leprechaun gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Strongbow?
    Oh man. Those are delicious.

7+ Year Old Account
    not going to lie, i'm a little bit concerned that all the micro breweries in the us are going to shut down, since we didn't invent beer.
    Oh god fucking dammit. I've enjoyed my visits to Germany but I really prefer living in the San Francisco bay area, which has plenty of quality micro brews.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's not a single Mexican restaurant in this country ran by Mexicans. Where is the outrage?!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cooking is not intellectual property, but there is clearly not intelligence among these stupid whining sniveling little shits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Score!
    {10char}

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Some of the best corned beef and cabbage, in my area, is made by a local deli run by two Italian guys(brothers). Absolutely delicious.
    Similar, except the one nearby is run by a Jewish family from Russia (or one of the former Soviet countries, I think).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    There's not a single Mexican restaurant in this country ran by Mexicans. Where is the outrage?!
    Just like most pizza places are run by brown people.

In Florida all the sushi places are Thai places as well..or maybe all the Thai place are sushi places..im not sure how it works out but something is fishy....
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Strongbow?
    They used to be good back when I lived in the UK. Over the past years I'm not sure what happened but the taste in the US just isn't the same .

I had one here through that was named wandering something and it was delicious.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

7+ Year Old Account
    In Florida all the sushi places are Thai places as well..or maybe all the Thai place are sushi places..im not sure how it works out but something is fishy....
    My favorite neighborhood sushi place is owned and run by a couple of Chinese guys. I don't care. The fish is fresh and delicious.

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly I'm just super critical of the very typically American way to be proud of one's ancestry without actually knowing much of anything about the cultures one then uses to express that pride. That has nothing to do with cultural appropriation though, just my general disdain for shallow and ostentatious displays that reflec all around laziness, thoughtlessness, and insincerity.
    With regards to my comment on being a quarter irish, tongue in cheek, tongue in cheek...
    It is, primarily, a gaming forum after all. Hopefully my other posts further support that notion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    They used to be good back when I lived in the UK. Over the past years I'm not sure what happened but the taste in the US just isn't the same .

I had one here through that was named wandering something and it was delicious.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strongbow_(cider)

"In 2014, the original Strongbow dry cider was discontinued in the USA by Heineken and replaced with two new sweeter variants."
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    My favorite neighborhood sushi place is owned and run by a couple of Chinese guys. I don't care. The fish is fresh and delicious.
    Love me some spicy tuna rolls and unagi! i tryed to appropriate sushi once..it did not go well that shit is hard.