Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Burning Legion propaganda thread!!

I mean aren't they so far the only one with solution on how to stop the ultimate threat to the universe - the Void.
    No matter how much that solution is destructive or depressive, if the end goal of Warcraft story arc is to stop Void lords, it's the only solution anybody has come up with so far.
    (This post assumes that people in-universe don't know that Anduin/Illidan/Azeroth/whoever are the special chosen ones or that story will go that way (pls no))

Also I wonder why everyone is assuming that Kil'Jaeden's vision for Erredar is worse than Velen's.

Erredar that stayed with Kil'Jaeden live the life of conquerors, they're on top of the hierarchy of races joint in with one goal/ideal in mind - which is giving universe another chance at life without Void (after Sargeras hard restarts it).
    I would also argue that life is probably more "peaceful" in regions controlled by Burning Legion because all the competition and adversaries are gone.
    For example, Burning Legion's way of life is something any orc would dream of - be a part of eternal conquering of the whole universe with nonstop glorious battles and chances to prove themselves and rise up in Legion hierarchy.

Velen led his people on futile exodus across the stars and somehow by luck happened upon Dreanor and Azeroth.
    With really no end goal in mind, he's criticizing Kil'Jaeden but does he have a solution for Void threat?
    He's the prophet who is shortsighted and doesn't "see" the solution the universe needs, instead he's blindly following whatever Naruu show to him without even knowing what Naruu exactly want and are they even really "good guys".

Also the question is when we dismantle Burning Legion - which is playing the role of universe's fel police. What is our idea on how to stop World Souls getting corrupted across universe? Burning Legion developed wide ever-expanding network of cojoint worlds with one goal in mind. After we destroy their network, their HQ and brains of operation - who will look out for Old gods trying to corrupt infinite number of planets across universe?
    I mean the question is does dismantling the Burning Legion = doom? Is army of Light really capable of doing it better then Legion + also being nice to everyone and spread happiness?

Also Kil'Jaeden gave us multiple offers to join him. It's not like he's attacking us without even trying to "reason with us".

I know Burning Legion is considered evil by our standards because:
    - (this is the reason that's really stupid but still contributing in people's eyes) - they look like devils (they're not pretty like dragon aspects or whatevs *rolls eyes*) and they yell cheesy threats
    - corrupted Orcs
    - Killed x,y,z
    - etc etc etc
    But that's all insignificant when compared to what they're really trying to achieve. We're calling them evil but do we have the solution?

I am trying to clarify or try to deepen their motives and point of view. What do you guys think? Is it all black/white or does there exist a gray area? How come more races don't buy in into their mission or join them simply because surival's sake? What's so bad in being a part of Burning Legion (apart from getting all horn-y(lol), fely and green) if it means you're be alive when Sargeras begins reordering the universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Alternative approach to Sargeras' plan.

Approach planets that have no world soul; if there is old god infestation assist in destroying Old Gods, if completely corrupt (Black Empire Azeroth level), destroy planet. Otherwise simply place safeguards to alert the moment Old God infestation presents itself (using the constellar)
    If planet has world soul, facilitate the relocation of native intelligent life to other planets that bear no world soul, then blow up the planet

No demons involved, very limited destruction of intelligent life
    Yeah I think Burning Legion is very similar with Zerg Swarm in some ways. They both assimilate other races into itself stripping them of past identities and giving them new purpsoe & goal. I think the problem in having Old Gods imprisoned is it's no real solution, it's like leaving time bomb in your planets crust. That's probably what Sargeras didn't agree on with other Titans, that plan is doomed to fail and it's purpose is mainly buying time - no real solution.

Maybe races that join Burning Legion get their planet in Legion contolled space? We really don't know anything about them expect they're represented as boring "evil" so far.

It would be cool if Blizz approached them more from the PoV of like they're trying to spread "We're universe's saviours" propaganda and put some politics into whole conflict.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-05-25 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    Old Gods only needed to be imprisoned in Azeroth because it had a world soul and they were so deeply latched they would leave substantial wounds. As I said above, if you find a planet with a world soul, whether it has old gods or not, you blow it up. You just inform the local first and offer them safe passage elsewhere.

On planets with no world soul you should be able to just crush them (like aman'thul did). If they are so deeply impeded they compromise the planet structurally (excising an object of that size could for instance damage the planet's magnetic crust and stop it from rotating fast enough so it would doom local life forms, then you offer the locals safe passage and again blow the planet up. Sargeras is a titan and from what we saw from Aggramar and Draenor, Titans can do substantial terraforming. They could find multiple planets with little local life, terraform them into viable planets and move affected life from destroyed planets there.
    I don't think killing the old gods is a good idea. Look at what Y'shaarj's death caused to the land. Also, i remember Dave Kosak saying somewhere ontwitter that C'thun and Yogg'Saron's deaths were the indirect cause of the Cataclysm.

Old Gods only needed to be imprisoned in Azeroth because it had a world soul and they were so deeply latched they would leave substantial wounds. As I said above, if you find a planet with a world soul, whether it has old gods or not, you blow it up. You just inform the local first and offer them safe passage elsewhere.

On planets with no world soul you should be able to just crush them (like aman'thul did). If they are so deeply impeded they compromise the planet structurally (excising an object of that size could for instance damage the planet's magnetic crust and stop it from rotating fast enough so it would doom local life forms, then you offer the locals safe passage and again blow the planet up. Sargeras is a titan and from what we saw from Aggramar and Draenor, Titans can do substantial terraforming. They could find multiple planets with little local life, terraform them into viable planets and move affected life from destroyed planets there.
    Oh I misread your first post. Yeah it makes sense that way. But there's still Sha-like problems once you destroy Old Gods so it's still debatable.

Man we really need Legion (maybe Kil'Jaeden) PoV novel. I really wanna see how Legion developed into what it is today and how Kil'Jaeden contributed.

Maybe at first Legion really operated that way, then they growed and growed, after so much repetitive work they lost appreciation for diplomatic approach (because it's slow) became arrogant and scapped the whole offer safe passage plan and chose to do it the fast way.

It makes them really terrifying this way:
    Legion comes to your planet
    Doesn't ask anything, only checks state of your planet
    If it has Wolrd Souls - destroy
    If it doesn't - we'll see
    Kinda like Reapers from ME.

Killing Old God in Azeroth is not a good idea. Killing them in planets without a world soul, we don't really know if it's nearly as much of a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the Legion worked with demons from day one. I doubt it EVER took the diplomatic approach.
    Is there stated anywhere that Sha infestation is result of Azeroth also having Wolrd Soul? I always though it's just Old God leftover stuff but could be a connection.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-05-25 at 10:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Is there stated anywhere that Sha infestation is result of Azeroth also having Wolrd Soul? I always though it's just Old God leftover stuff but could be a connection.
    The sha infestation only happened because the heart of Y'Shaarj being placed in the center of Pandaria. All the sha really are is the essence of Y'Shaarj and upon consuming the very last bit of it, disappeared in SoO with Garrosh's downfall.

Generally speaking there isn't a real consensus on what happens when you kill old gods on a planet without a world soul. Infact the only representation of old god murdering we have is Y'Shaarj's death and Sargeras cleaving entire planets in half. There are no good examples of old gods being completely killed (IE no parts of them remaining imprisoned beneath the ground) while the planet remains 'alive'.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Why are you both thinking that the bad stuff that happens from an Old God's death has anything to do with the world soul when there isn't even a hint of that anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    Why are you both thinking that the bad stuff that happens from an Old God's death has anything to do with the world soul when there isn't even a hint of that anywhere.
    I'm not sure who you're exactly talking to, but I didn't posture that it had anything to do with a world soul. I simply stated that there is a difference between a world with a world soul that is old god infested and a world without a world soul that is old god infested.

And again, I will reiterate, we have no real representations over what happens when you completely kill an old god on a planet without destroying the planet (with or without a world soul really). Y'Shaarj doesn't count because his heart was left alive for 10,000 years influencing the land by means of the Sha. He may as well have been alive.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    It doesn't matter in the end of things. The question is if wherever you see Old Gods infesting a planet, is Burning Legion right in thinking that the only way to deal with it is to cleave the planet?
    I mean we're pretending to be know-it-all heroes but we don't have a peaceful way to deal with it. Imprisioning Old Gods is not a long term solution as past experienced showed.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-05-25 at 11:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "Join legion - meet people who fail at life as much as you do."

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Join legion - meet people who fail at life as much as you do."
    I think Sentinax should broadcast this on loop in Broken shore. Legion propaganda machine is not even trying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I wonder why everyone is assuming that Kil'Jaeden's vision for Erredar is worse than Velen's.
    Erredar that stayed with Kil'Jaeden live the life of conquerors, they're on top of the hierarchy of races
    Velen liked all of that; the power, knowledge, and conquering. The only thing he had a problem with was that his people would turn into horrible abominations.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Velen liked all of that; the power, knowledge, and conquering. The only thing he had a problem with was that his people would turn into horrible abominations.
    That's subjective. Demons probably don't think of themselves as abominations. Why is something abomination just because it's red, full of spikes and has fel flowing thru their veins.
    To understand Legion you have to look from their point of view. For majority of Azerothians they're probably abominations but that's just perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Well their plan is essentially the same as Hitler's.

But I guess there are many people that rightfully agree that this is not the ideal way to deal with problems.
    The point I want to make is that no one has come up with diffrent solution to deal with problem except Legion. It's easy to call them Hitler but they're the only one actually doing something about the Void. Until someone else comes up with better solution Legion has every right to think their mission is the only one of value.

Deleted
    Well, they can't defend an island in the middle of nowhere against a bunch of savages with swords, matchlock muskets and wooden airships. What's their plan I'm interested to know :P?

10+ Year Old Account
    The point I want to make is that no one has come up with diffrent solution to deal with problem except Legion. It's easy to call them Hitler but they're the only one actually doing something about the Void. Until someone else comes up with better solution Legion has every right to think their mission is the only one of value.
    The Legion is the only one doing something about it because they killed the only other group capable of doing something. And their plan was better, to actually defeat the void lords.

The Legion is the only one doing something about it because they killed the only other group capable of doing something. And their plan was better, to actually defeat the void lords.
    Sry didn't manage to read your whole post on phone. I never knew Titans wanted to defeat Void Lords. Did they have some sort of plan or just said it like that? I mean it's all good to say it but how would Titans defeat Vodi Lords? And it's a little strange to me that Sargeras opposed plan of directly attacking Void Lords - I thought whole point of Sargeras's plan is that rest of the Pantheon wanted to wait it out and think it thru while Sargeras wanted to do something about it.

I mean if Warcraft story ends with us going to Void and defeating Void lords that's really unimaganitve and lame IMO.

Fun fact: it's funny how this theme with Burning Legion is present many times throughout Warcraft:
    - Arthas and Stratholme - same debate
    - Those 2 Pandaren - the one who preferes taking action and one who prefers buying time and brainstorming it out
    It basically comes all on to what you think is right how to approach the problem.

EDIT: I changed my post because I didn't see you said Titans wanted to defeat Void lords, my bad.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-05-25 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's probably true but still it was never said that Titans came up with one. It's safe to assume maybe that they probably would come up with one but as ingame events showed, their way - imprisoning Old Gods, wasn't long term solution.
    The Pantheon's plan was to bring Azeroth to maturity and actually go into the Void and defeat the void lords once and for all.

Still that's all what-if talk now. Fact is we're stuck with Legion and their way of dealing with things until someone else comes up with one. Fact is we're opposing universe's only saviours and being ignorant!!!
    (I am RP-ing a Legion fan boy a little but it makes sense!)
    The Legion's plan isn't to save the universe. Sargeras' plan has nothing to do with actually defeating the void lords. He wants to scour the universe so there's nothing for the void lords to take over in our universe. His hope is that life will resurface in the universe afterwards... but there's nothing to stop the void lords from trying to take over that new life. Also, being in the Legion is not safe from Sargeras' cataclysmic plan. Only the highest-ranking know Sargeras' ultimate purpose, but they've been promised that they will rule the newborn universe (a lie).

The Pantheon's plan was to bring Azeroth to maturity and actually go into the Void and defeat the void lords once and for all.

The Legion's plan isn't to save the universe. Sargeras' plan has nothing to do with actually defeating the void lords. He wants to scour the universe so there's nothing for the void lords to take over in our universe. His hope is that life will resurface in the universe afterwards... but there's nothing to stop the void lords from trying to take over that new life. Also, being in the Legion is not safe from Sargeras' cataclysmic plan. Only the highest-ranking know Sargeras' ultimate purpose, but they've been promised that they will rule the newborn universe (a lie).
    I mean do we really know this is true?

The problem is we know really nothing about what Sargeras' plan is after conquering is complete. Also couldn't Sargeras as Titan somehow help life grow afterwards?
    Maybe he's keeping Naruu imprisoned just for that purpose or something?

Chronicle really made his plan sound dumb but I hope there's more reason here than what the book said and he's not just "Mad Titan" but is following his vision of saving the universe in his own twisted way.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-05-25 at 08:13 PM.

I was expecting something cuter like "Are you tired of grinding AP and hunting for the right Legendaries? Join the Burning Legion today!"