Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pandering to SJW's and 'Murican extreme Liberals... Yes, I never thought that'd become a thing, but it has.

I haven't been looking for it, yet my streamer list has a black guy, a latino guy, an asian guy and a white guy. Twitch allows anyone to start up and stream, it's up to the streamer to make him/herself noticed.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    ...are you saying that there are too many cis white males on Twitch Tennisace?
    I see more whores with their tits hanging out of their low cut shirts than I do white men.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    KFC MANAGER TriHard

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Can't really be against this. We need more diversity on twitch. I don't watch streams myself as it's silly to watch others play games but even so. It's a pretty poor business model if it only attracts a small crowd.
    By that logic it's silly to watch anyone do anything, you should be doing that thing yourself EVERY SINGLE TIME and never watch people doing things, never.

On topic: I don't think it NEEDS more diversity. That sounds just like the Oscar bullshit all over again. If a minority doesn't win, it's not cuz they are a minority, it's because they simply suck.

They want exposure? Work it like everybody else.

Please keep in mind I am all FOR diversity, I just feel like when it's forced it loses it's credibility. This is the entertainment business, entertainment first. People will watch what they find entertaining before thinking about "am I watching enough minority streamers to feel better about my contribution to diversity in the world regardless of how fun they are to watch?"
    Last edited by Swalload; 2017-05-26 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Twitch has become a horrible platform at this point. They play favorites with their streamers and it's pathetic.

They allow twitch whores to keep on doing what they do because certain Twitch staff are sent nudes and receive attention from these girls, they ban people for made up reasons that are not even stated in ToS (Ice Poseidon got banned for GETTING swatted),
    they allow sociopaths go crazy (Reckful's current drama), and they're now allowing people to stream while driving cars which is bound to end horribly.

The IRL section should've never been made, it was the biggest mistake they've ever made. Should've stuck to gaming and let Youtube Live do the IRL stuff.
    This company is still acting like they're straight out of Silicon Valley and I believe they also own MMO Champion now? Which is why we got those horrendous Twitch ads.

Worst-Move-Ever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I see more whores with their tits hanging out of their low cut shirts than I do white men.
    Yeah, this is how the public views twitch atm, it's games... and a chaturbate 2.0

Seems like twitch is kind of lost on what to do about the racism/sexism thing in twitch chat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Why does it matter what color someone's skin is or what's between their legs when playing video games?

Don't confuse trash like Tennisace with your average liberal, we're not all crazy.
    People not able to compete at someone else level will use all and any advantages they can.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Seems like twitch is kind of lost on what to do about the racism/sexism thing in twitch chat.
    You can't just censor people unless they are being blatant assholes intentionally. I have been a part of many streams where people wind up saying things that are highly inappropriate, including things that might be offensive to others. No one seems to get offended unless they are some uppity 20 something idiots who probably spend too much time at their indoctrination schools.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    Twitch has become a horrible platform at this point. They play favorites with their streamers and it's pathetic.

They allow twitch whores to keep on doing what they do because certain Twitch staff are sent nudes and receive attention from these girls, they ban people for made up reasons that are not even stated in ToS (Ice Poseidon got banned for GETTING swatted),
    they allow sociopaths go crazy (Reckful's current drama), and they're now allowing people to stream while driving cars which is bound to end horribly.

The IRL section should've never been made, it was the biggest mistake they've ever made. Should've stuck to gaming and let Youtube Live do the IRL stuff.
    This company is still acting like they're straight out of Silicon Valley and I believe they also own MMO Champion now? Which is why we got those horrendous Twitch ads.

Worst-Move-Ever

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, this is how the public views twitch atm, it's games... and a chaturbate 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This is just you assuming you know what's going on. I doubt you're getting the whole story on why people get banned. Twitch doesnt release all the details to the public. And I really don't think Twitch staff are sharing that they're getting paid-off with nudes, and that's why certain females are still able to stream, lol.
    Whats with Reckful? I rarely ever watch Twitch but I remember him from some HS promotions.

so they are going to promote less popular channels for the sake of diversity? not smart from a business stand point. Stand behind your popular streamers first, and maybe a new streamer of the week section or something... Anyone can start a stream, its up to the creator to be good and promote themselves to gain subs/viewers...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

A worthless gesture in a long history of failed attempts to appease the wrath of perpetually enraged morons

Can't really be against this. We need more diversity on twitch. I don't watch streams myself as it's silly to watch others play games but even so. It's a pretty poor business model if it only attracts a small crowd.
    You don't watch streams so you don't know if it needs more diversity or not. The article does not include any data on Twitch's diversity, so it also doesn't give you any ground to claim it needs more diversity. What the article says, however, is that there already is inclusivity and diversity on Twitch, some praise for Twitch about it and that some of the goals of this action being commemorating and affirming that fact. On top of that, 10 millions daily viewers is not a small crowd. In less than two liens you managed to talk out of your ass on all fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    If anything there are too many talking tits on there who you can even pay to play with you. If it makes viewers happy though then I guess then more power to them.
    Burn the infidel! He's against diversity! Down with malenormativity and androcentrism! More tits, talking or mute (on that note, down with ableism as well!), for everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    There is no solution for internet trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    Tennisace, the mod we don't deserve but the mod we need.
    The other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character....

We have made a mockery of what this man dreamed...

How is a meritocracy seen as a bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean more camwhores?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

The only diversity Twitch is really worried about is getting more <200lbs white chicks their sub button. Can't blame them when you consider the percentage they take off subscriptions & the viewer demographic they're working with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Forced diversity is really fucking bad, inb4 "diverse" streamers get a better cut by twich so twitch can get their "diversity quota" filled.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    if it only attracts a small crowd.
    My only reply is wat?

Just read that as "twitch to broadcast streams of those of X skin color and X gender in favor of white males"