Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Point is?

Weird question: which forum is best for me to talk about realms and what not.... I'm just curious which forum topic is best to talk about it
    Realms? As in a World of Warcraft server? Minecraft Realms/servers?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Realms? As in a World of Warcraft server? Minecraft Realms/servers?
    Shoulda been more specific....

Ment by wow realms

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Shoulda been more specific....

Ment by wow realms
    If you want to talk about WoW servers in general, go to General Discussions.

If you want to go to a server's specific forum, go here.

Anyone else see that mod to make the Sun / Moon really hard? Lots of people in the comments of the article pointed out that it'll probably be hit with a cease and desist order. My thought is that they will probably just slap a internet ban on anyone who uses it like they did with the hackers that played before launch day. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Anyone else see that mod to make the Sun / Moon really hard? Lots of people in the comments of the article pointed out that it'll probably be hit with a cease and desist order. My thought is that they will probably just slap a internet ban on anyone who uses it like they did with the hackers that played before launch day. Any thoughts?
    If you made a pc version, then no. They couldnt do shit.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Got tons of 5 IV Hidden Ability Cutieflies with 4 egg moves of Timid nature. Got 4 boxes of them, while hatching for my shiny. If anyone wants one, just say.

So, I had an idea. What if pokemon had a rare chance to be a completely rare color palette? There are multiple instances in the anime of pokemon being very unique, like the pink island or the crystal onix. I thought it could be something a bit interesting that could be added as something that was really unpredictable.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Got tons of 5 IV Hidden Ability Cutieflies with 4 egg moves of Timid nature. Got 4 boxes of them, while hatching for my shiny. If anyone wants one, just say.
    I got my shiny! I still have boxes of the aforementioned Cutieflies.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I had an idea. What if pokemon had a rare chance to be a completely rare color palette? There are multiple instances in the anime of pokemon being very unique, like the pink island or the crystal onix. I thought it could be something a bit interesting that could be added as something that was really unpredictable.
    So kinda like alola form, but from rare encounter or egg (rare as shiny) and also maybe a unique moveset. Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So kinda like alola form, but from rare encounter or egg (rare as shiny) and also maybe a unique moveset. Sign me up.
    >Unique moveset.

Yeah, no. Imagine if only competively viable pokemon were shinies. You wouldn't be breeding thousands of eggs just for n8velty value, but to have a viable mon at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    hmm isnt it time to announce a new pokemon game ?
    There is a other game on sale right now, so no. It would be a bad for them.
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nin...a-1175211.html
    Remake of a 1992 nes game.

Well there is a pokemon, kinda game right now:
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nin...--1215387.html
    (watching anime of this, is not so bad)

There is also this coming soon:
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nin...s-1114046.html
    23/06/2017

So a lot of big titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    hmm isnt it time to announce a new pokemon game ?
    Time for pokemon announcements (week around 7th and 14th of May) has already passed. We won't be getting new Pokémon game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well, more like a randomized color palette. Like encountering a golden onix or a red gastly. Having the rare chance at unique moves would be cool too. Just things like that that would be rare and unexpected and a treat to help make things fun.

Well, more like a randomized color palette. Like encountering a golden onix or a red gastly. Having the rare chance at unique moves would be cool too. Just things like that that would be rare and unexpected and a treat to help make things fun.
    they could just do something like spinda except for every pokemon where looks are slightly randomized
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I figure with having models it might be easier to create more variants or "shineys" for pokemon. Sure nothing crazy like a pink Absol, but different shades of their normal colors wouldn't be completely out of the questions, with an extra shiny skin for them. Perhaps we'll see that pink Pokemon island.

Whatever remake or new gen game we get Magnemite need levitate, or perhaps Pokemon can start having more than just 2/3 abilities in general and maybe we'll start seeing more mons like Dhelmise that have 3 stabs, 3 types altogether, or perhaps the same type twice. Also some buffs for the Ice type would be welcome.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

It's Friday, and I wanted to start doing top 5 Friday again to encourage more discussion. This week Top 5 Favorite Pokemon

So here is my list!

1. Sceptile. No surprise really. I fell in love with this pokemon way back in the days of original Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby. I had chosen to start with chikorita in the previous games, and loved my meganium, so I figured I should go with grass type a 2nd time. I loved reptiles too and had a pet snake myself, so Treecko was the oblivious choice for me. Little did I know how awesome Sceptile would be though. Great design, super fast, and it seemed like it could learn any TM in the game! Sceptile has been my favorite pokemon ever since then and when I got into competitive battling in 5th gen, I started out by playing in the RU tier where I could use my Sceptile!

2. Volcarona. Again, if you've known me for any length of time, this was obvious. Volcarona is my favorite pokemon to use competitively. I first heard of Volcarona playing B/W for the first time. My friend told me about this legendary bug type pokemon waiting for me after I beat the Elite 4, sitting alone in the Relic Castle. I went there, and witnessed this majestic AF fire moth. I started using it when I got into OU and it was absolutely an MVP setting up with Quiver dance and 6-0'ing teams. It was also the first shiny I went out of my way to get. It took me 600+ eggs to hatch my Shiny Volcarona, but Helios has since graced many of your presences. Hell, I even have a 2nd competitive Volcarona as well as a competitive Larvesta. It's lore is also really awesome too btw if you want to look it up. It basically is so powerful, it provided light and heat when a Volcano erupted and the ash blocked out the sun. That's right, it replaced the sun itself!

3. Crobat. I love Crobat, it is easily the best evolution Game Freak has ever come up with. They took this pokemon, Zubat, which everyone loves to hate, and not only gave it an incredible evolution, oh no. If you want to get a Crobat, you have to show a Zubat, the most neglected pokemon, with kindness. Then and only then will you be privileged enough to own this awesome pokemon! Crobat is the pokemon I have used the most in playthroughs, given the sheer availability of Zubat, and I look forward to using it every time I see a Zubat for the first time in a new game. In competitive it is great too, with my Choice Banded Crobat serving me well in the UU tier.

4. Gyarados. Gyarados is freaking awesome. A giant blue water dragon snake thingy with great stats, great move set, and a great mega evolution! Similar to Crobat, it evolves from a pokemon people love to hate. Magikarp is super weak initially, but training it up will give you one of the best pokemon you can get. Also similar to Crobat, Magikarp is a very common pokemon, which means that I have had the opportunity to use it is several different playthroughs spanning several generations of games, which has only deepened my appreciation for it.

5. Ferrothorn. What can I say? Ferrothorn is a beast. I first used it when I started playing OU back in 5th gen, and while Volcarona could shine at times to get player of the game, Ferrothorn was the true carry of that team, and many others since. I have used it in playthroughs, including nuzlockes, where it comes in just as clutch. If you want to know my spicey Ferro set, it is Specially defensive with Gyroball, Leech Seed, Power whip, and Curse. Try it out for yourself and watch as those fire type attacks just bounce off of it. It works so well when partnered with other pokemon like volcarona too.

So what are your lists?

Battle video: 4CHW-WWWW-WWW7-5WCK

Pretty happy how that first turn played out

I only really have three favorites.

3. Steelix
    Looks cool, his mega evolution looks AWESOME, has steel typing, and gyro ball makes him a literal wrecking ball of dooooom!

2. Drapion
    Watching Hunter J nearly cleave Ash Ketchum in half with her Drapion during D&P - combined with it's skeletal frame - made this bug Pokemon not only creepy, but downright intimidating. When it came time to build my new competitive team, I want straight for this fella. Adamant, attack EVs, sniper, and a choice between Night Slash or Cross Poison for an absolutely monstrous guaranteed crit made him a murderer.

1. Honchkrow
    I've always knew that this Pokemon existed ever since D&P, but I never really thought much of him until I started getting into competitive seriously during XY. I didn't like the XY Pokemon, and while generation 5 is my favorite, I didn't want to go through breeding an ace team of them so soon again. I decided that I'd start flipping through the gen 1-4 Pokedex and look for Pokemon I had previously overlooked and see if there were any that resonated with me. I then found him: a big fat mob boss with a classy hat and a breast that resembled a tie (as well as an excellent color scheme!). I was captivated, and immediately spent the week trading for a Murkrow, then bred forty eggs (I didn't have dittos for the nature I wanted) to get my Adamant Murkrow, then spent another four hours in super training (didn't know any other way to EV farm at that time). This was also the first Pokemon that really wanted to Amie, and I maxxed those five hearts! After that, it was off to power leveling, and by that time I was in love. I got all the ribbons possible (except the contests in ORAS). From that point on, Krone was my most favorite Pokemon of the them all.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    It's Friday, and I wanted to start doing top 5 Friday again to encourage more discussion. This week Top 5 Favorite Pokemon

So what are your lists?
    *contemplates if I should do a waifu list or list by some other merit*

I don't like to do Top 5, makes me feel bad because i need to eliminate some Pokémon that i also love.

But lets do it anyway.

5-Gyarados:Was there in 3 of my playthrough, Fire Red, Emerald and Platinum.(All females), Its a awesome Pokémon, perfect design, even with 4x weakness to eletric he still is a strong Pokémon.

4-Sableye:Im battle on Monotype Ghost, and that boi is my Mega, at first i didn't want to use him because of my Shiny Banette, but then i made a better team on Showdown and now i just can't see my team withou him.Both designs are cool, not Gyarados's type of cool but still, i like to see my Sableye from Pkmn Moon carrying a Ukulele around and acting like Stitch.

3-Spiritomb:The first time i saw Cynthia use that Pokémon i asked "Where can i get this motherfucker?"Only years later in As i manage to catch one and later breed to get a Shiny one.His design is really cool, backstory in the same level and also make part of my Monotype team.

2-Giratina:Favorite legendary, made me like Ghost types, a character in my fanfictions and a cupcake lover.A shame i was so scared back in Plat that i wasted a Master ball and skipped the whole fight.T

1-Infernape:My first Starter, i love all Sinnoh Starters but the monkey have a special place in my heart, i remember being stuck with a MOnferno because i somehow gave him a Everstone and was always wondering why my Pokémon won't evolve.His design is really cool, its not the worst starters in competitive.Ash's Chimchar story into becoming a strong Infernape also helped me love the Pokémon even more.

Honorable mentions:

6-Bibarel:In Sinnoh, you may not like it, you may don't want to, but, YOU MOVE WITH THE BIBAREL.I like the Pokémon and his pre-evolution despite many people hating on them.

Ghost types, Greninja, Staraptor, Garchomp and Sceptile, Gardevoir and many others.