Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    lol you don't get it do you? No one uses the term theory in science unless its a scientific theory. It wouldn't make sense and would create confusion. The "non-scientific" theory you are alluding to is called a hypothesis in science.
    It's not that simple.

Scientist usually (fake humility and) use 'theory' for everything - both theories that are tested - and others as 'string theory'.
    A hypothesis would likely be used for an incomplete theory - or possibly a discredited theory.
    The term "scientific theory" is practically never used in science.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Huh, I mussed have missed it when they called it the hypothesis of evolution.
    You missed Huxley's "The Darwinian Hypothesis (1859)"?

http://aleph0.clarku.edu/huxley/CE2/Hypo.html

But Darwin himself called it a theory, but used 'Lamarckian hypothesis' to refer to a discredited competing theory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    It's not that simple.

Scientist usually (fake humility and) use 'theory' for everything - both theories that are tested - and others as 'string theory'.
    A hypothesis would likely be used for an incomplete theory - or possibly a discredited theory.
    The term "scientific theory" is practically never used in science.

- - - Updated - - -

You missed Huxley's "The Darwinian Hypothesis (1859)"?

http://aleph0.clarku.edu/huxley/CE2/Hypo.html

But Darwin himself called it a theory, but used 'Lamarckian hypothesis' to refer to a discredited competing theory.
    You make a good point. They are beeing lax with how they are using "theory" and really shouldn't do that as it ends up casting doubt on legitimate proven theories when there is none.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    No we are not even from this planet. Makes no sense. We either come from space or other dimensions.
    I thought we came from one of the 13 colonies and our ancestors had sex with robots and apes?!?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    I thought we came from one of the 13 colonies and our ancestors had sex with robots and apes?!?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    So say we all.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

If an article about science makes it way to mmo-c, I call it bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    It's false, just so you know.
    The propaganda machine keeps on rolling...
    embarrassing myself? no, that's your job. There is a reason why information is kept away from morons like you, because #1 you won't believe it or #2 you'll try your best to repress it because it doesn't follow your political, social, religious narrative of propaganda control.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-06-07 at 01:34 PM.

Another article linked on the same page:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...l-study-finds/

So clearly the pieces are coming together. Man was made by an advanced species on Mars. And then were cast out by God to Earth, probably teleporting them into the Stonehenge ring. Stonehenge obviously being a druid circle used for teleportation - anyone who has played EverQuest knows that.

I love science.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    The propaganda machine keeps on rolling...
    Apparently, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Are people actually annoyed one theory challenges another....?

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...ientists-find/

So um.. this is probably going to piss some people off. I'm genuinely surprised by this too though. It's interesting to see what scientists are still digging up. A lot of history books, specifically what kids are taught are going to have to be rewritten now to teach this. I would assume that most people know that early humans had their start in Africa but this does change a lot.
    Wait I don't understand why this is a problem for anything? We were always told that the humans as in "Homo Sapiens" first emerged from Africa. 7.2M years old fossil is clearly waaaay before that. It is a died out branch of hominids that unless you can prove direct ancestry to this branch of hominid (which is probably impossible?) doesn't really challenge the current theory of homo sapiens history.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Wait I don't understand why this is a problem for anything? We were always told that the humans as in "Homo Sapiens" first emerged from Africa. 7.2M years old fossil is clearly waaaay before that. It is a died out branch of hominids that unless you can prove direct ancestry to this branch of hominid (which is probably impossible?) doesn't really challenge the current theory of homo sapiens history.
    That's what I keep saying.

It also seems to have lured in Sargon of Akkad and his merry bunch of trolls and shitposters.