Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't play Anime, thanks.
    And i don't play edgy dating sims, so... GG?

Argue all you want, you're just making yourself look stupid at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    People have different tastes. Say for example I'm not able to stand something like Pillars of Eternity but I recognize how much people like it.
    Would be great if we could leave it at that and get finally back to discussing possibilities of a DA game instead if trying to measure score dicks with a micrometer calliper.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Would be great if we could leave it at that and get finally back to discussing possibilities of a DA game instead if trying to measure score dicks with a micrometer calliper.
    Have to agree with this guy. Getting back on topic would be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Roleplaying game doesn't necessarily mean a sandbox. Geralt is a pre made character with seven books and 2 games worth of background. He isn't going to suddenly turn into the PC from Skyrim.

Find me a better voiced protagonist with a world as well developed and believable as Geralt, I'll wait.
    No need to wait all too long.

Some of my suggestions:
    - Jennifer Hale as Commander Shepard in ME (Both of those)
    - Laura Bailey as Fiona in Tales from the Borderlands (Both of those, I don't care that it's comedy)
    - Nolan North as Cpt. Walker in Spec Ops: The Line (Arguably not a RPG.)
    - Elias Toufexis as Adam "I never asked for this" Jensen in Deus Ex. (Arguably, a bit dull, or someone who's humanity is slipping away)
    - Troy Baker as Joel in 'The Last of Us' (And generally, just about everything he's in.)

Those are just the ones jumping to mind.

As for the seven books of backstory and the games - First of all, Andrzej Sapkowski has said that they aren't canon, as far as he's concerned.

Second, the first book had little to no character development, instead of being more of a collection of short stories. Geralt spend the first five damn books growing a spine and independence, before going to save Cirilla, Merriest of all Sues. Granted, Yennefer is kind of cool and witchy, but she's got fuck all on Claudia Black's Morrigan.

Content?

---

Anyway. I want more Qunari and Tevinter, as I'd said. Dorian managed to give us just the tip...

of the iceberg that is Tevinter society. What's the Black Divine's purpose? How does he, and the Tevinter chantry respond to Corypheus' claims? As Dorian says, Questions, questions.
    Last edited by mmoc092a40bd7b; 2017-05-27 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Adding on-topic shtuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    And i don't play edgy dating sims, so... GG?

Argue all you want, you're just making yourself look stupid at this point in time.
    Witcher 3 is as much of a dating sim as asian RPGs are hentai.

Planescape: Torment and Chrono Trigger are widely accepted as some of the best ever made.
    By whom? People that are 50?

Those games are 22 years old, they aren't even in the runnings.

- - - Updated - - -

Granted, Yennefer is kind of cool and witchy, but she's got fuck all on Claudia Black's Morrigan.
    Overrated as hell.

- Jennifer Hale as Commander Shepard in ME (Both of those)
    Jennifer Hale isn't even the better Shepard, far from being the best voiced protagonist.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, Andrzej Sapkowski has said that they aren't canon, as far as he's concerned.
    And? His opinion is irrelevant. The games might not be canon to the books, but the books -are- canon to the games.

Tolkien's family apparently hated the LOTR movies, they're still masterpieces.

10+ Year Old Account

Mass Effect 3 is a very rare exception due to its ending.

ME3 is by no means an exception to games that users crap on in hyperbolic hysterical manners rather than judging it fairly. Your personal opinion on games is not some objective measuring stick.

Deleted
    By whom? People that are 50?

Those games are 22 years old, they aren't even in the runnings.
    So, accordingly to your logic, Beethoven and Mozart suck?

Stop, accept that you were wrong about transgenders and "facts" and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

Stop, accept that you were wrong about transgenders and "facts" and move on.
    No. The music is still the same.

The graphics/mechanics/engine are not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3 is as much of a dating sim as asian RPGs are hentai.
    Considering that the vast majority of asian RPGs are borderline hentai, i'll take that as an admission of bitcher 3 being a dating sim.

Deleted
    No. The music is still the same.

The graphics/mechanics/engine are not.
    So basically, you are applying your own subjective point of view. Still not a fact, still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    ME3 is by no means an exception to games that users crap on in hyperbolic hysterical manners rather than judging it fairly. Your personal opinion on games is not some objective measuring stick.
    Let's see ME3's flaws.

1. The endings sucked and didn't take into account all the choices you made during the trilogy ( well, not really. The EMP mattered and choices caused EMP but whatever )

Let's see Inquisition's flaws

1. Dumbed down gameplay

2. Shit MMO sidequests

3. A LOT of pandering

4. No tactics

5. Streamlined inventory

6. Generic antagonist, generic '' save the world '' plot

It's basically Origins but much worse.

So yeah I do think ME3 is an exception, because it was a great game spoiled by a few minutes of cutscene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that the vast majority of asian RPGs are borderline hentai, i'll take that as an admission of bitcher 3 being a dating sim.
    Witcher 3 is hardly a edgy dating sim. Any sensible person can see that. It isn't part of the thread though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Mozart is overrated! Join me, Salieri master race!

Now that music was mentioned, I was reminded of the scene after the fall of Haven, where everyone breaks into a hymn one by one: What do you think, too cheesy, or surprisingly good? I loved it, and it was totally unexpected, but I wanted to see what others thought of it.

Deleted
    The funny part is that Witcher 3 is more borderline hentai (TnA all over the place) than many Asian RPGs, but it doesn't fit pateuvasiliu's rhetoric.

So basically, you are applying your own subjective point of view. Still not a fact, still wrong.
    I already told you facts are just widely spread opinions.

You can claim Justin Bieber makes better music than Queen, or that shit is tastier than lasagna.

Wrong opinions, and this might blow your mind, exist.

- - - Updated - - -

The funny part is that Witcher 3 is more borderline hentai (TnA all over the place) than many Asian RPGs, but it doesn't fit pateuvasiliu's rhetoric.
    You do realise you can avoid all sex scenes, right? And please, nipples? Are you american, or what?

That's as nude as Witcher gets, nipples.

Deleted
    I already told you facts are just widely spread opinions.
    Still wrong. No fact is built upon subjective opinions.

So now that they ruined Mass Effect, it's time to put Dragon Age in the coffin. I'm not holding my breath for this one.

Deleted
    You do realise you can avoid all sex scenes, right? And please, nipples? Are you american, or what?

That's as nude as Witcher gets, nipples.
    Nor the JRPGs are hentai. See? You are slowly getting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    Now that music was mentioned, I was reminded of the scene after the fall of Haven, where everyone breaks into a hymn one by one: What do you think, too cheesy, or surprisingly good? I loved it, and it was totally unexpected, but I wanted to see what others thought of it.
    I also loved that scene, it meant hope, that everyone lived to fight another day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious how they'll handle it. I really liked Inquisition.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see ME3's flaws.

1. The endings sucked and didn't take into account all the choices you made during the trilogy ( well, not really. The EMP mattered and choices caused EMP but whatever )

Let's see Inquisition's flaws

1. Dumbed down gameplay

2. Shit MMO sidequests

3. A LOT of pandering

4. No tactics

5. Streamlined inventory

6. Generic antagonist, generic '' save the world '' plot

It's basically Origins but much worse.

So yeah I do think ME3 is an exception, because it was a great game spoiled by a few minutes of cutscene.
    You're free to think whatever you want about a game. That wasn't even the point, that you're seemingly trying to dodge. Your own opinion on a game is not a fact, and no game is an exception to the value of user ratings just because others crap on it while you liked it.