Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    People seem to get an awful lot of other incidents on camera.
    A lot of other incidents have build up before they happen, some sense that something's going to happen. Jacobs, in his role as a reporter, was asking Gianforte pertinent questions about the AHCA CBO score. There was no reason to assume violence was in the cards, and it was over in three seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to find a quote where I disputed it.
    As usual, unfounded accusations abound.
    Feel free to quote me where I accused you, personally, of disputing it. Checkmate.
    Again: Why are you talking about this when Gianforte admitted assaulting Jacobs? Who cares about whether cameras were rolling at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    A lot of other incidents have build up before they happen, some sense that something's going to happen. Jacobs, in his role as a reporter, was asking Gianforte pertinent questions about the AHCA CBO score. There was no reason to assume violence was in the cards, and it was over in three seconds.
    Usually there are people with cameras rolling and/or phones all over the place. You can hardly go anywhere and see anyone without a phone in their hand. Some people can get to that camera mode QUICK. Just a matter of a finger swipe on an iPhone.

People seem to get an awful lot of other incidents on camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to find a quote where I disputed it.
    As usual, unfounded accusations abound.
    That's true. But it's not really strange to think that they were shocked and didn't think of it fast enough. Or couldn't get their phone out to record in time.

The witnesses and audio backs the reporter's version of events, and Gianforte admitted to wrong doing in the altercation.

Usually there are people with cameras rolling and/or phones all over the place. You can hardly go anywhere and see anyone without a phone in their hand. Some people can get to that camera mode QUICK. Just a matter of a finger swipe on an iPhone.
    Okay. In this case, they didn't/couldn't. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    That's true. But it's not really strange to think that they were shocked and didn't think of it fast enough. Or couldn't get their phone out to record in time.

The witnesses and audio backs the reporter's version of events, and Gianforte admitted to wrong doing in the altercation.
    Gianforte admitted to "body slamming" him or to just assaulting? There is a difference. The MSM most likely sensationalized it just like they sensationalized the PotUS saying Germany was 'evil'. You can't take what the MSM says at face value.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. In this case, they didn't/couldn't. So what?
    Still waiting on my quote where you accused me of disputing that he assaulted him.

10+ Year Old Account
    It goes back to their statements that they were so shocked and it was over so fast.

Why are you struggling with this concept? I could have a phone in my hand and if a car accident happened right in front of me there is no way I'd catch it on film. I'd be to shocked to do anything and at BEST I'd get the aftermath after it happened. But even then I'd probably be more concerned about making sure everyone was ok -- which may also have been their first reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Gianforte admitted to "body slamming" him or to just assaulting? There is a difference.
    Why would that matter?

Still waiting on my quote where you accused me of disputing that he assaulted him.
    Still waiting on your quote of my quote where I accused you of disputing that he assaulted him.

But to move things on, fine. Mea culpa. My bad. Now stop being fake-offended and answer the question: so what?

Laughable that people think he did this rather than just say this in a private conversation.
    "I don't believe in this and it hurts my case. Therefore it is not the truth and a confirmed scientific fact" #republicanlogic

(let me guess, the reply will be something along the lines of "no you" or "no your kind" KAPPPPPA)

Gianforte admitted to "body slamming" him or to just assaulting? There is a difference. The MSM most likely sensationalized it just like they sensationalized the PotUS saying Germany was 'evil'. You can't take what the MSM says at face value.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure why the reporters would have to lie about it to be frank. Regardless of whether he was body slammed or not, he assaulted someone. Whether the MSM makes a big deal out of it is irrelevant to me, I would like it to be looked into seriously and I don't think anyone should be excusing his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    "I don't believe in this and it hurts my case. Therefore it is not the truth and a confirmed scientific fact" #republicanlogic

(let me guess, the reply will be something along the lines of "no you" or "no your kind" KAPPPPPA)
    #notareblican
    It seem your arguement has went out the window my friend. Now how about you thinking that act actually happened simply because it has been repeated over and over and over on social media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I'm not sure why the reporters would have to lie about it to be frank. Regardless of whether he was body slammed or not, he assaulted someone. Whether the MSM makes a big deal out of it is irrelevant to me, I would like it to be looked into seriously and I don't think anyone should be excusing his actions.
    Sensationalized news leads to more viewers/readers. More readers equates to more marketing $$$. So it all boils down to $$$.

#notareblican
    It seem your arguement has went out the window my friend. Now how about you thinking that act actually happened simply because it has been repeated over and over and over on social media.
    How do you think it happened, Allybeboba?

How do you think it happened, Allybeboba?
    I already gave my opinion on how I thought it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sensationalized news leads to more viewers/readers. More readers equates to more marketing $$$. So it all boils down to $$$.
    Fox news would not make $$$ sensationalizing violence done by a republican candidate the night before an election. You are really stretching things that...frankly...don't need to be stretched and I don't think anyone here understands why you are doing this, hence all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Fox news would not make $$$ sensationalizing violence done by a republican candidate the night before an election. You are really stretching things that...frankly...don't need to be stretched and I don't think anyone here understands why you are doing this, hence all the questions.
    Sure they would. Plenty of people from all parts of the political spectrum watch Fox. That is part of the reason why their viewership is so huge. CNN on the other hand rarely, if ever, run any negative sensationalist news on people that represent the Democratic Party. Many people are finally realizing how one sided CNN is and their ratings are suffering.

I already gave my opinion on how I thought it happened.
    No you didn't. Post history is a thing, you know. You've spent a lot of effort casting doubt on the word of people who were there, but you haven't explained exactly why you think they're wrong or what you think actually happened (besides "BAD GUY DID BAD THING"). I don't know why you're so reluctant to answer a simple question - well, I do, but explaining it would be against forum rules - but could you maybe act in good faith for once? If you don't want an honest discussion, GTFO.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure they would. Plenty of people from all parts of the political spectrum watch Fox. That is part of the reason why their viewership is so huge. CNN on the other hand rarely, if ever, run any negative sensationalist news on people that represent the Democratic Party. Many people are finally realizing how one sided CNN is and their ratings are suffering.
    Hardcore republicans are Fox's biggest demographic. If they see Fox sensationalizing an illegal assault by a Republican, their viewers would turn them off. This is not a difficult concept.
    Last edited by LaserSharkDFB; 2017-05-27 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of people from all parts of the political spectrum watch Fox.
    Yeah, ok. I'm sure their audience is balanced.

CNN on the other hand rarely, if ever, run any negative sensationalist news on people that represent the Democratic Party.
    Well that's just flat out false.

Many people are finally realizing how one sided CNN is and their ratings are suffering.
    http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/april...-maddow/328262

Your argument doesn't hold up, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Yeah, ok. I'm sure their audience is balanced.

Well that's just flat out false.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/april...-maddow/328262

Your argument doesn't hold up, sorry.
    Home & Garden TV has more viewers than CNN my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. It has more viewers than FOX shows as well. Ooops -- didn't research that one did ya? Football has more viewers than all the cable news networks combined.

Can you at least stick with a comparison that makes sense?

Nope. CNN and MSNBC are both in the top 5 for this past week. http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/despi...ht-week/330099 Try again with fewer lies, or at least current data.

But, really, you've made it clear that you just want to throw shit around the room rather than talk like adults. We should probably stop feeding you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess it matters if you are talking specific shows (which was what I was looking at numbers wise) or overall eyeballs. And then again if you are looking at just prime time, 24/7, or M-F.

This is the problem with numbers -- gotta have the context to have a useful discussion.

Of course none of this matters as the apparent assertion that journalists on both sides of the political spectrum are lying to both the media and police about what happened to just create sensationalism when there is no evidence that they are lying is just stupid at this point.