Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Why is the latter one fine, if the first one isn't? Could've just eaten a salad instead.
    Because muh feels.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Why is the latter one fine, if the first one isn't? Could've just eaten a salad instead.
    Tell that to the natives of Alaska.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post
    Is this one of those situations where the dude pays a ton of money to go shoot an animal which makes the conservation the animal lives on a ton of money which gets invested in making more animals and the population of the animal actually benefits in the long run?

Because if it is, then good?
    Highly doubt. The "Hunting for conservation" is just an excuse to keep killing. Botswana has little to no trophy hunting and the wildlife seems to be doing fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps because the first one reveals the pursuit of enjoyment by taking another being's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post
    Is this one of those situations where the dude pays a ton of money to go shoot an animal which makes the conservation the animal lives on a ton of money which gets invested in making more animals and the population of the animal actually benefits in the long run?

Because if it is, then good?
    Trophy hunting as conservation is a myth. Corrupt people get rich. Animal populations continue to plummet in the majority of situations

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1007...ve-proved-time

Back in my day we used spears and wore loincloth. Kids these days...
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSandman View Post
    Actually, it's not stupid. It's just wanting to see justice served. The humans were dangerous to the lions, which is why the lions fought back to defend their brother. Why are the humans putting themselves in that type of danger in the first place? They aren't looking for food. They're looking to kill for the fun of it. Hence, they deserve what was coming to them. I have no problem with hunting for food, but hunting for sport is a different story.
    Read what I said: I don't agree with trophy hunting, and no one cares "if you wanted to see justice served". Sitting around waiting for something to kill you is factually stupid. For the hunters it was clearly the obvious and sane option to get the hell out of there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why people necessarily think hunters "have fun taking animal's lives". Maybe it's more about the sport of hunting instead?

Accomplishment and social needs are human needs as much as substisnence.
    Your first statement seems inconsistent. You question people's opinion that hunters have fun killing animals, and then go on to suggest that its about the sport of hunting.

If you do something for sport, then you're inherently doing it for your enjoyment. That pleasure doesn't cease when the sport ends in your target's death.

LOL.

"You didn't stand there and let the lions family attack you!"

No fan of trophy hunting myself, but this line of thinking is fucking moronic.

Don't really get the point in the thread.

Someone explain it to me.

Sport is more than just enjoyment. It's also accomplishment, skill and experience.

Either way. Nothing wrong with hunting.

Eating the thing afterwards doesn't make it any better... (just more twisted in some cases).
    Very strange that you think killing an animal for shits and giggles is less twisted than killing it out of necessity for food.

Sport is more than just enjoyment. It's also accomplishment, skill and experience.

Either way. Nothing wrong with hunting.

Eating the thing afterwards doesn't make it any better... (just more twisted in some cases).
    "Sport" gives the implication that there is an equal chance of winning or loosing. I don't see how this can be a sport if the other team doesn't know it's playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    LOL.

"You didn't stand there and let the lions family attack you!"

No fan of trophy hunting myself, but this line of thinking is fucking moronic.
    If someone shoots, or even kills, a member of your family and you and your family try to attack him and he got away, you would be singing a whole different tune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why people necessarily think hunters "have fun taking animal's lives". Maybe it's more about the sport of hunting instead?

Accomplishment and social needs are human needs as much as substisnence.
    If one has to derive accomplishment from killing something, go get a magnifying glass and fry some ants in your back yard. Bring a friend so you can fulfill your social need too.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Can I hunt you as long as I eat you afterwards?
    Thats a strawman against him. You are just trying to muddle the meanings of Sport and Survival.

Its downright ignorance that is keeping you from understanding the difference.

Deleted
    Humans > animals.

Even when humans are being the animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post

Here, I'll let OP answer it:

I'm vegan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Doesn't look very cowardly, it actually looks like they are great at it.

I'm vegan.
    Plants have feelings too.

You would prefer the hunters shoot more lions?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody's getting triggered about hunting (I assume you mean hunting for food).

We're getting triggered about killing for the sheer fun of it.

- - - Updated - - -

One is for complete fun. The other is for subsistence.
    Hunters don't hunt for the kill they hunt for the thrill of the hunt the challenge of pitting yourself against the animal. The kill is just one part of the whole.

I hunted a mountain lion once its nothing like hunting a deer. He had made a den in a cave behind a deer stand in west Texas and stole a deer I shot. We walk around in the dark all the time there so we couldn't just let him stay in the area.

I took one friend of mine and we went in with pistols because of how thick the brush was around the den. Slowly we crept to the cave I had my .357 drawn ready to fire should the cat attack. As we reached the mouth of the cave the cat let out a growl good God that sound was chilling. Still we entered the cave but as we did the cat silently slinked out a back passage that opened up to the outside just as we entered. Like a ghost it was gone.

Cat got away but that's fine because its called hunting not killing. I will never forget that hunt as long as I live but I feel no need to hunt a cat again. No way I could ever top stalking a mountain lion in his own den with just a pistol.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-05-27 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post

I'm confused too. A shitpost makes more sense.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.