Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Obviously not.
    Nobody "deserves" to make even as much as one million dollars, let alone 33mil.

He makes that much because his position enables him to, not because he "earns" or "deserves" it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Obviously not.
    Nobody "deserves" to make even as much as one million dollars, let alone 33mil.

He makes that much because his position enables him to, not because he "earns" or "deserves" it.
    So please enlighten us on how much one "deserves" to make?

"recently got a raise of his salary from $8 million a year to $33 million a year"

Once you get this high, does either number really matter for most? Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Earning a raise that is more than 4x your current salary? I don't think any living being really deserves that, unless you're the only employee in your own company (in which case, you'd earn all profits).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I know nothing about the situation or his job so I can't comment.
    If you are asking do I think Activision and Blizzard deserve success? Yes they do.

I couldn't give a fuck how much they earn from it. As long as they keep making WoW expansions as good as Legion and unlike WoD, then I am very satisfied.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Not sure why they hate you for Jaylock. That is most legit comment I could have see. Also, it's quite known that people hate success of others because - humans
    Maybe it's because he's been posting bait/troll threads for literally years(same as Jayburner in genOT) without the mods doing anything.

OT: Good for him, I guess.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

His business is making money, and business has been good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    A relative amount derived from the skill/knowledge/experienced/educational requirements/upkeep requirements/etc of the position.

Take the above for a construction worker, and consider how much they make. Then consider how much more a CEO makes, relative to how much more of the above is required from the CEO compared to the construction worker. You're going to find a large disparity.

Surely the CEO has more demanded of them then a construction worker, so a higher wage is to be expected. But is a CEO so much better then a construction worker that they would make hundreds of times more money? I don't even think that's conceivably possible. They make so much more money because their position enables them to, not because of any notion of "deserving" it.

And I'll throw this in somewhat preemptively, but I'm not suggesting some sort of communistic reform enforcing how much each position makes. I'm just highlighting the fact that past a certain point, the concept of "deserve" flies out the window.