Survival with low haste, need advice.

My hunter just got lvl 110 few days ago and Im in proces in gearing him up (852 ilvl atm). My stats are totally messed up, I have 28% crit, only 12% haste and 12% mastery. Got so far only 1 T19 piece so no set bonusses also.

Im playing with WotM and I have big problems with keeping every buff up and fitting Mongoose Bite at the same time. Its just looks if Im trying keep WotM all the time Im failing with stacking Mongoose Bite, if Im focusing on getting 6 stacks from Moongose my 10 sec buff from Mok'Nathal is expiring.

Ofc Im still learning how to play survival and Im making mistakes that affect this but I wonder now, would switching to Animal Instincts be better at this point till I can get around 20% and more haste? Or its still better to stay WotM?

Keep up WotM. Period.

You don't have tier, so you lack the Mongoose bite generation and the bonus of reaching 6 stacks.

Haste only gives you more Flanking Strikes overall. And again since you don't have tier, it's not as crucial(2pc with 16.5% mastery = guaranteed MB charge on FS, though around 12-13% is the breakpoint after which mastery drops in value).
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2017-05-28 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Keep up WotM. Period.

You don't have tier, so you lack the Mongoose bite generation and the bonus of reaching 6 stacks.

Haste only gives you more Flanking Strikes overall. And again since you don't have tier, it's not as crucial(2pc with 12% mastery = guaranteed MB charge on FS).
    I'm missing something or 6 times 12 equals 72% ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trapstarz View Post
    I'm missing something or 6 times 12 equals 72% ?
    Sorry, just remembered 12% being the soft-cap after which Mastery drops a bit in value. Actual cap is 16.67%, fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Sorry, just remembered 12% being the soft-cap after which Mastery drops a bit in value. Actual cap is 16.67%, fixing.
    ^^

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    My hunter just got lvl 110 few days ago and Im in proces in gearing him up (852 ilvl atm). My stats are totally messed up, I have 28% crit, only 12% haste and 12% mastery. Got so far only 1 T19 piece so no set bonusses also.

Im playing with WotM and I have big problems with keeping every buff up and fitting Mongoose Bite at the same time. Its just looks if Im trying keep WotM all the time Im failing with stacking Mongoose Bite, if Im focusing on getting 6 stacks from Moongose my 10 sec buff from Mok'Nathal is expiring.

Ofc Im still learning how to play survival and Im making mistakes that affect this but I wonder now, would switching to Animal Instincts be better at this point till I can get around 20% and more haste? Or its still better to stay WotM?
    Stagger your WotMN as well. Early guide from Discord had Harpoon, MoC (during Harp travel), 2 Raptors, Lacerate, Caltrops, ExT, Raptor, into your MB spam with another Raptor to get 4th stack before it falls off, then using Raptor only as necessary to keep the buff up.
    Obviously, this was a while ago that I read that and things could very well have changed, but where you're at it's probably a good place to start for learning to keep WotMN up full time.

Low haste survival is really painful to play with. The more haste, the lower your cds and lower your gcd is too. Smooths out the rotation alot.

For wotm you should be opening with your dots and 3x wotm before the mongoose spam. This was when you interrupt you mongoose to refresh wotm it'll be at 4 stacks. Then you only need to use raptor once per 8-9secs and can spend all free focus on flanking for mongoose gen.

During the gearing process of your SV try sticking with animal instincts (AI) instead of WotM. It smooths out the gameplay a lot allowing you to hit 6 stacks of Mongoose fury much more easily so you can enter your burst phase. If you do get the call of the wild bracers together with a convergence of fate trinket you could consider sticking to to AI as well. Ultimately AI is much less taxing but still competitive in terms of damage for M+ and for some raids if you are just a casual player.

Haste wise you should be looking at 28%+ for the extra GCD it provides, you can check the exact details in the survival google docs.