Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Prove it.
    LFR was in patch 4.3 - which was released November 29, 2011 so its coming up for just about half of WoW's current life span

- - - Updated - - -

Also i don't think LFR should be removed as its some peoples only way to see the content. What i do think is that LFR shouldn't reward Tier items
    Last edited by Rehok; 2017-05-29 at 11:54 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    LFR was in patch 4.3 - which was released November 29, 2011 so its coming up for just about half of WoW's current life span
    Arena was in patch 2.0. Now 5v5 is removed.
    Buff was since the launch of vanilla wow. Now it is removed.
    Spirit was since the launch of vanilla wow. Now it is removed.
    Old models were since the launch of vanilla wow. Now they are removed.
    Old nameplates were since the launch of vanilla wow. Now they are removed.

Nothing you can say it is been in wow's life.

Arena was in patch 2.0. Now 5v5 is removed.
    Buff was since the launch of vanilla wow. Now it is removed.
    Spirit was since the launch of vanilla wow. Now it is removed.
    Old models were since the launch of vanilla wow. Now they are removed.
    Old nameplates were since the launch of vanilla wow. Now they are removed.

Nothing you can say it is been in wow's life.

Blizzard have their reasons for removing them

Stat buffs were removed because if you didnt bring x class you missed a buff on the raid which could have been a kill. You should bring the player not the class.
    Spirit was removed because healers didn't really take it you took int because it gave mana and made spells more powerful.
    Old models were removed so the game felt more udpated (same applies to nameplates)

and you can say that about anything that gets removed

Cutting Edge? Removed after a certain time.
    Certain Reps that were in vanillia? Removed.

LFR is how some people only get to see a raid. Not everyone has time to run a normal raid

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have their reasons for removing them
    You mean blizzard doesn't have reasons for removing arena and LFR?
    Old models were removed so the game felt more udpated (same applies to nameplates)
    Even many people hate it and unsub?

As long as Blizzard removes LFR, people like you WILL immediately turn to fight against LFR fanboys.

- - - Updated - - -

LFR is how some people only get to see a raid. Not everyone has time to run a normal raid
    I only take less than 65 min for running normal w/o voice chat per week. So you think normal costs more time than LFR?

- - - Updated - - -

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3645530#post-1
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...F&forum=984270

LOL. Funny to see how fanboys( maybe blizzard employees)' attitude changes so quickly towards the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    LFR is mostly my end game. I did end up downing H Guldan randomly, but after doing him on LFR, i felt i'd won the game. No real point doing it on a harder setting.
    Well that's your own personal opinion, I've downed him on each difficulty bar Mythic and I probably won't do that this expac which is frustrating,

It's also like I know a few people who are trying to get every ingame achi that's obtainable, and they don't consider the game 'won' until they have them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not against titanforging in its current implementation. You should have figured out by now that the chance of getting *the item you want* at or above heroic or mythic ilvl is abysmal. Don't waste your time going LFR unless it's the only end-game you have skills for.

You mean blizzard doesn't have reasons for removing arena and LFR?
    Why reason would they have for removing it?

Even many people hate it and unsub?
    While some have probably unsub, I question the "many" claim.

And to those that unsub due to an optional additional content for other players, I question those who unsub why they raided in the first place. Since nothing in raiding has been removed.

I only take less than 65 min for running normal w/o voice chat per week. So you think normal costs more time than LFR?
    You are making the same incorrect assumption that others makes. You assume because you can everyone else should and can. Some can clear heroic in the first week. Some can clear can half of mythic in the first week. If everyone are equal, then we would not have LFR or a multiple of difficulties.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Why reason would they have for removing it?

While some have probably unsub, I question the "many" claim.

And to those that unsub due to an optional additional content for other players, I question those who unsub why they raided in the first place. Since nothing in raiding has been removed.

You are making the same incorrect assumption that others makes. You assume because you can everyone else should and can. Some can clear heroic in the first week. Some can clear can half of mythic in the first week. If everyone are equal, then we would not have LFR or a multiple of difficulties.
    I also run LFR archimonde for 3 hours(even after I have my AotC achievement) and quit. It is still tons of time. guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only do LFR, I enjoy it almost as much as I enjoyed normal raids, there's just 0 interaction with other players(Like in all around wow)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya u don't get to decide what LFR is for.

LFR is for those who want to expect the endgame story,raiding and don't have the time/skill to commit to NM+. Blizzard has already stated this many times as well. At this point anyone bitching about LFR is just doing it for the lul's or has ego issues. Its not going anywhere anytime soon.
    I'm not deciding, I'm telling you to be honest. If you want to see the endgame story, then Blizzard could very easily make a single player scenario OR remove loot from LFR (you know, since it's for the story).

You also seem to lack a lot of reading comprehension, so I will type this out slowly for you: I do not think LFR should be removed from the game.

I also don't think that the gear should actually be removed, as I like it as a way to gear alts and returning players. What I don't agree with is the bribery employed to get people to carry LFR heroes. If you got what you were asking for in your original post, you would have one of two outcomes.

1. LFR has ridiculous queues and people can't kill bosses like Star Auger or Gul'dan. LFR dies.
    2. Blizzard lowers the skill cap even further, to the point where people don't even see the point of doing such insultingly easy content. LFR dies.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I'm not deciding, I'm telling you to be honest.
    I have been honest, you just don't like the answer given.

The current version of LFR is perfect and the only thing I don't like is the gating.

Only way I would be ok with removing LFR is if NM was queable. If there is no queable raid mode, I stop playing. Its as simple as that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Good luck being ilvl 850~ in forming a group or being accepted in 65 mins... not even counting on do the raid itself lmao.

If u buy the game this days, and get to lv max withing this weeks, the only way you get to raiding is lfr. There is no WAY, that before ToS you could level up, gear up, and LEARN to RAID, and finish a normal raid within 65 minutes.
    Make up your mind and understand that the game its not only for you.

I will never forget when i bought WoW and hited lv 90 in pandaria, i just didnt know what i was doing but somehow i presses "I" and queued us with my friend to SoO Raid. (i recall it a lot harder than legion lfr), if lfr didnt exist, i would quit WoW after reaching lv max.

I HAD NO IDEA that the games has raid... I even had skills unassigned in my spellbook. literally, didnt know what was doing.
    After seeing LFR and what the raiding was. i learned a lot. Long live to LFR for newcomers.
    Last edited by shonist; 2017-05-29 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    LFR is mostly my end game. I did end up downing H Guldan randomly, but after doing him on LFR, i felt i'd won the game. No real point doing it on a harder setting.
    To each their own, but that's kinda like saying you won the game because you clicked the "credits" button on the login screen. About the same amount of effort required.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Psychotherapy would do nothing for these individuals. The people whove abandoned any sense of self control to the point they insist on flagellating themselves on content they hate out of a wholly perceived need for the reward mechanism offered in that content would gain much however.
    Blizzard needs to become more attuned to the psychiatric needs of its players. They must remove mythic raiding entirely to prevent this sort of pathological behavior from destroying lives.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Nothing in this game is required, Its a video game its not curing cancer and there is no gun to your head. If u don't like something don't do it.

Also by doing it you keep it relevant and blizzard will keep it around because its getting used.

(Personally I enjoy LFR)

why do you enjoy it?

Its not a social thing...no one hardly talks in unless there ranting in that shit show.

Its not a raid..there is no communication, no comradery, no sense of accomplishment.

So why do you enjoy it? Story? Seeing content? You tube got that for you. Challenge? ...that cant be it. Why do you enjoy it? Please help me understand.

LFR needs to change...not go away. It should be a solo scenario with some proving grounds type function.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    why do you enjoy it?

Its not a social thing...no one hardly talks in unless there ranting in that shit show.

Its not a raid..there is no communication, no comradery, no sense of accomplishment.

So why do you enjoy it? Story? Seeing content? You tube got that for you. Challenge? ...that cant be it. Why do you enjoy it? Please help me understand.

LFR needs to change...not go away. It should be a solo scenario with some proving grounds type function.
    Ill answer this in order...

1) Because I'm able to group up with people and raid on my time. I enjoy just having us there fighting bosses, collecting loot, exploring the raid and enjoying the lore.

2) LFR is as social as you want it to be. Try going in and saying hi sometime, It isn't LFR (Or LFD) that's Anti-Social, Its the playerbase itself.

3) Its a raid, This isn't a opinion. Blizzard and the ingame systems prove its raiding. You may not like that its raiding but its still raiding. What it isn't is organized raiding.

4) There is a vast difference in watching a video on Youtube and doing it yourself. People don't seem to understand that telling someone to just "Watch It on Youtube" is extremely bad for the game. Less money for blizzard = less content u get.

5) Only thing that needs to change about LFR is how they delay its release. It should all release alongside NM/HM or at lease Mythic.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Sylvanas will lead everyone and we'll run away from the threat as far as possible.

But people need something to hate, if there is no lfr they will hate normal raids or something else because reasons..

10+ Year Old Account
    My favourite mount is the Armoured snowy gryphon

Ill answer this in order...

1) Because I'm able to group up with people and raid on my time. I enjoy just having us there fighting bosses, collecting loot, exploring the raid and enjoying the lore.

2) LFR is as social as you want it to be. Try going in and saying hi sometime, It isn't LFR (Or LFD) that's Anti-Social, Its the playerbase itself.

3) Its a raid, This isn't a opinion. Blizzard and the ingame systems prove its raiding. You may not like that its raiding but its still raiding. What it isn't is organized raiding.

4) There is a vast difference in watching a video on Youtube and doing it yourself. People don't seem to understand that telling someone to just "Watch It on Youtube" is extremely bad for the game. Less money for blizzard = less content u get.

5) Only thing that needs to change about LFR is how they delay its release. It should all release alongside NM/HM or at lease Mythic.

(1) & (2) Pure fluff...its a arcade shit show...you can easily group up with a bunch of AI with the amount of social aspect that comes from this mode. I doubt there are many "friends" added to your list cause of LFR. I doubt many people get in voice, joke around, talk shit and play LFR.

(1) A ...understanding exploring the raid and the lore...no arguing against that. Why i stated it don't need to be removed but altered the current format of it.

(3) no its not a raid...this isn't opinion..this is fact...a raid is a group of players that get together, communicate and challenge themselves with content. To down those dragons and get those lootz! LFR is a poor imitation of it. If your only doing LFR and you think you are raiding than their is a whole huge world of content out there you need to explore. I love raiding. Its why i play this game..there is nothing more satisfying in this game then working as a team to kill a boss. LFR is not raiding. There is 0 team work.

(4) Understandable, you make a good argument. But seriously LFR is not much difference then watching you tube. I hate it...and most the time my toon is in there its my kids...who of course love it because their playing their fathers game. Again, i didnt say remove LFR it needs to be adjusted. There is no reason this sold as group content. Instead of dps waiting 20-30 mins, it should be a simple q for solable scenrio with a bunch of AI.

(5) many thing needs to be changed about LFR. It had been a shit show from the beginning. Just because it is played does not mean it "poplar." Like i said above...i wonder how many of us parents let or kids do it just to collect runes.

Actually, i reverse what i said above...LFR was awesome in the beginning....going in as a guild with 10/20 peeps and transferring gear to toons who needed it....<--that was fun because it was social.
    Last edited by Banard; 2017-05-29 at 02:43 PM.