Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Well it makes sense sometimes. You have to consider that armor, especially plate weighs a fuckton. Hence, they don't cover all of it sometimes.
    Well in WoW, yeah, there are a lot of unneeded decorations and sizes on armour that causes a lot of extra weight. But if we talk about actual plate armour, maybe something like the "Overlord" set you can find from Vanilla, it's not THAT heavy at all. You can even do wheelies in full-plate!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You gotta tell that to every asian MMO that was ever made I guess....

I grew up on this stuff - so since it treats both genders equally, I'm fine with it (yeah, obviously barbarians and all that..no plate armour..etc etc)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/eb/c7/03/ebc70388929dd73081ff34a3bd536c19.jpg[/IMG]
    Oh btw, this is my transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Just because your gaming experience isn't disturbed by it doesn't make it okay. It's WoW, most of us don't care about most things going on, it's extremely arcade, log on, get some chores done, log out unless a friend is on to do something with, otherwise it's too boring to play. Same goes with the setting and the fantasy, at some point we're just bored with it and stop giving a shit if people start running around with hours of effort put into making sure they look like you could give them 5g to choke on your dick.
    And in what way is it "not okay"...? I'm struggling to see why you people are so outraged about revealing armor in a video game in the first place. If we're going to pander the game around individual tastes, the game will come crumbling down soon enough since everyone has shit he/she don't find "okay". Hell, I've seen people that are not OK with the concept of transmog, people who want us to look like the pieces we're wearing again...

It's difficult to raid and masturbate to skimpy armor at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    I don't like skimpy armor (read: Slut mog stuff) because I think it looks very non-serious. I dont mind the midriff being shown though and have never counted that as ''skimpy''. I don't go and tell people they look ridiculous tho if they DO wear slut mogs since its not made for me to like, but for them.

I like to show parts of my arms with my mogs because it looks more comfortable (like in real life).
    Because WoW has always been über serious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Oh btw, this is my transmog.
    Love it when people don't take themselves (and their characters in a +12 game) so seriously!

I don't have a problem with it but I just think it's a very boring style of transmog. I feel the same way about transmogging to just a tier set as well. I prefer mix and matching different sets together/using quest sets personally

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Because WoW has always been über serious about it.
    Preeetty sure that's just fan-art (and I don't spot the typical signature Blizzard would put on their art-work) so hard to blame WoW/Blizzard about it! But otherwise yeah, WoW has never been 'too' serious but that design just makes her look more laughable than frightening in my opinion.

Just your typical puritan nonsense where violence is great and anything sexual is a sin. Go commit mass genocide on the locals, just make sure you're fully clothed!

Personally, I think there's nothing wrong with having options. I'd like to some some barely covered barbarian style warriors out there, but it's just not a thing sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Preeetty sure that's just fan-art (and I don't spot the typical signature Blizzard would put on their art-work) so hard to blame WoW/Blizzard about it! But otherwise yeah, WoW has never been 'too' serious but that design just makes her look more laughable than frightening in my opinion.
    Here is the full size original from the wiki.

Well in WoW, yeah, there are a lot of unneeded decorations and sizes on armour that causes a lot of extra weight. But if we talk about actual plate armour, maybe something like the "Overlord" set you can find from Vanilla, it's not THAT heavy at all. You can even do wheelies in full-plate!
    There is a reason that soldiers in the real world wear leather instead of plate or chainmail. You really underestimate the weight of a set of plate armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotch View Post
    Just your typical puritan nonsense where violence is great and anything sexual is a sin. Go commit mass genocide on the locals, just make sure you're fully clothed!

Personally, I think there's nothing wrong with having options. I'd like to some some barely covered barbarian style warriors out there, but it's just not a thing sadly.
    And taking swipes from a dragon to the face without stumbling is immersive but for the love of the Light, cover thyself!

Several reasons:

1. A lot of the armor items that make a character look skimpy are old and look awful by today's graphical standards.

2. I find it more realistic to wear a crazy suit of unrealistic armor than a bikini, in the case of female characters.

3. I'd much rather look at a character in a badass outfit than someone going into battle as an underwear model.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    But that armor looks ugly. I wish the male had the bikini option there...

My 2 cents. Pre transmog, I would have been against it because of 'forcing' players to wear such armor for the stats, like it or not. Now though, I don't care. Go ahead and add it. If you don't like it, there's the transmog option right there.
    On the 'realistic' side of the argument, most of our armor and weapons are unrealistic. All of our classes are unrealistic. Azeroth is unrealistic. That's why I love it. I don't want realism in my WoW.
    On the 'objectifying' side of the argument, I have to smile and chuckle. Most of the people I personally know (yeah yeah small group, blah blah) who want more skimpy armor are women. My girlfriend would LOVE to have some more armor bikini's to throw her paladin in. Because she likes looking at the skin and being so awesome in so little armor makes her feel more powerful. If you feel like your toon is being objectified by her being in such armor, fine, that's what the transmog option is more. Put her in the biggest bulkiest armor you can find.
    Well, as a mid 30ies woman playing on RP servers exclusively with many BE characters of both genders (followed by trolls, NE, draenei and humans, with occasional characters from other races), I'd say it depends heavily on the character concept and class I am playing. While I have some "slut plate" skin sets in my collection (because I am also a collector), I just cannot stand to see my plate-wearing girls to march into battle in such a skimpy armour. My girls are decently clothed most of the time, though I sometimes have mogs with some midriff and/or showing a bit of hip skin. But for my troll characters, skimpy things fit quite well, because they have a more tribal look.

To be fair, I had a bare-chested mog for my male BE hunter for some time. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They're the SJW's of WoW.
    yeah because obviously the only reason anyone would ever dislike this is because "SJW!!!!!!"

also nice strawman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    There is a reason that soldiers in the real world wear leather instead of plate or chainmail. You really underestimate the weight of a set of plate armor.
    Full plate was more of a knight's armour in the medieval times, at least for the time when ranged weaponry was not strong enough to penetrate armour. As soon as ranged penetration was enough to get through full plate, this type of armourment was gone, and was replaced by something more practical (=better options for movement). Also, such suits of armour have been very expensive, another reason why normal troops surely had less metal to protect them.

skimpy armor make sense because ( rp side logic here) you sacrifice dmg absorbtion (having full armor) for dodging and parading ability that will make you equal in defense like if you were full armor, you think that all warrior in middle age was in full armor ? no , in majority they only weared a few plate , on arm , chest and leg for example for agility and mobility, they were more efficient than a slow full plate guy

Deleted
    That's fan service for all the necrophiliacs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

Official artwork from Sam.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Because it's stupid. If you want your characters to be naked and look like sluts just go and play one of the asian mmo's instead.