Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Biggest issue with DH so far

Hey guys playing my DH seriously for 2 weeks now, but im having a super annoying issue with it.

I played BM hunter at quite high level and it was all fine etc but with this class:

My hands hurt like f***.

For both havoc and vengeance something or a certain cramped way of spamming buttons is causing my hands to die..

Anyone have a similar experience?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    Hey guys playing my DH seriously for 2 weeks now, but im having a super annoying issue with it.

I played BM hunter at quite high level and it was all fine etc but with this class:

My hands hurt like f***.

For both havoc and vengeance something or a certain cramped way of spamming buttons is causing my hands to die..

Not really, but after 2+ decades of gaming my hands are pretty resilient.

My hands hurt like f***.

Use different keybinds?? Literally the most pointless feedback I've ever seen...

Deleted
    Thats a new type of complain here on MMO-Champ. Let me guess - this is your first time playing melle or you are new to the game?
    I agree that at certain circumstances the play style of Havoc is jumping on the key bind to try spend all that fury when the RNG bless you, more or less the same with my Frost DK and overall I guess almost all melles are like that.
    But other than that is pretty much what Dracula said - playing the game for long time make the hand build stamina and don't really notice it

Most likely that your keybindings makes it that you strain your hands, something like using the smartphone with 1 hand, after few days you feel the stress on your thumb

My mousearm tends to sometimes hurt playing wow, and very much so when playing Diablo. But when I play CS:GO, nothing like that happens at all. Also think if some of the things you do irritates you. I hurt just thinking about that cancerclass

10+ Year Old Account
    there are plenty of exercises for hands, use them. I can recommend a book by Lorraine C. and Gregory G. Irvin Finger Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    You can play BM with a steering wheel, ofc it's more stress to your hands to play other classes

Deleted
    Learn to play with your toes. Problem solved.

My hands hurt like f***.

O.o Wouldn't this be a simple matter of rearranging your keybinds/action bars to be more similar to what you're used to?

I play DH, Pally, and Warrior atm, and one button is always for interrupts, one for speed boost, one for taunts, etc.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

get autohotkey and setup a script to spam a key while you hold it down. I have had that set up since wrath when my wrath casts went below the spell queue window. Kept it around because it is handy. Saves you from having to spam crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    get autohotkey and setup a script to spam a key while you hold it down. I have had that set up since wrath when my wrath casts went below the spell queue window. Kept it around because it is handy. Saves you from having to spam crap.
    I might be wrong, but...isn't this potentially bannable? Genuinely unsure here.

Not sure if bannable, but 100% against the EULA

I played Dragon ball z for the Sega Saturn

My hands were raw after i beated the whole thing and the last boss.

I can handle anything now.

The real biggest issue you should be having with DH is how can you stand playing that class with that annoying "YAAH!" yell all the time spazzing about

Deleted

My hands hurt like f***.

ive got similar issues where my forehead hurts quite alot when i play my dh. if your hands hurt youre playing it probably wrong.

on a serious note: with spell queueing theres hardly any point spamming keys as back in the early expansions.just train yourself not to spam keys. if your results dpswise are lacking, adjust queing times and or keybinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    I might be wrong, but...isn't this potentially bannable? Genuinely unsure here.
    I've done something similar since Cataclysm. Haven't had any action taken against my account. As long as you're still the one pressing buttons to send to the game, and not having a script cycle through all your spells while you hold down one button, it should be fine.

Deleted
    It's your keybinds. On my rogue I had fan of knives bound to shift + q for the longest time. Then I realised shift + q is a good bind for like, a cooldown but not a spammable ability. Literal agony after a M+

I've bound my chaos strike to mouse wheel down and my demon bite to mouse wheel up. Mouse wheel is a great bind for spam keys.

Fel rush needs to be binded to a key that is easy to swap to from your movement keys. I use shift 3 for fel rush and this allows me to move in any direction without having to move my hand from WASD. double jumping can also hurt your hand, but I'm so used to jumping in every other game that I don't feel anything. You may have smaller hands and that might stretch you a bit. Change your key binds until you lfind the perfect fit. If you don't use any keybinds, you'll never play demon hunter correctly
    once upon a long time ago, the evil flesh overlords took over the peaceful skeleton people of earth, giving them malicious thought and evil sinner hair and student loans

I've had some of the same issues OP has. I've played WoW for just about a decade, mained melee classes, and am used to smashing buttons. But since switch my main to a demon hunter and playing it at a top 500 level I've had issues with my left hand, not sure of it's carpal tunnel but it's definitely painful. I've had to bind chaos strike to the scroll wheel on my mouse to give my hand a break. I should probably mention I've never had hand pain or carpal tunnel before.

I've used a Razer Naga for quite a few years now which helps a ton. Almost everything is bound to it, and the things that aren't are usually cooldowns bound to R, X, or one of those plus shift.