Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Amount of legendaries

So I just realized that we have an enormous amount of legendaries.
    While warriors or dhs have 17 in total, druids have 27
    I'm currently at 8, of which 2 are feral, 1 balance, 4heal and one shared.
    Given that we acquire those legendaries at the same rate as other classes, it takes us longer to catch them all, doesn't that seem a bit unfair? I like to play all the specs a class has to offer, and as a druid I feel we really got fucked in this regard..
    any opinions/observations?whatever

I gopt my 8th resto legendary today. Still don't have the trinket or prydaz. There is a good chance the new legendaries will live before they drop and it could take even longer to get them. I would love to have some legendaries for other specs.

Are you joking? You're complaining about having a wider breadth of options to choose from, ultimately?

Remember, you chose a class with 4 specs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    it takes us longer to catch them all, doesn't that seem a bit unfair? I like to play all the specs a class has to offer, and as a druid I feel we really got fucked in this regard..
    Not all the legendaries are worth getting. Not all the legendaries can be used at the same time. It is not unfair that you can only use the exact same number as everyone else and therefore only need to get the exact same number as everyone else: 2 per spec.

That YOU want all of them, that's on you.

DHs also only have two specs while we got four, isn't that unfair?

It's takes the same time to get all the legendaries for your main spec on any class, not much more to say about it.

Since when you need "collect them all" legendaries to "play all the specs a class has to offer"?

On which level you wish to play the spec? As WQ cleaner? As Heroic level raider? As mythic raider? M+? You can play all spec cleaning our WQ, even M+, you certainly not entitled to play all 4 spec at top level doing Mythic raiding or pushing high M+, the artifact system itself tells you its not ok.

I don't want to go too harsh, but your initial post is way too entitled. "we get fucked" by not "collect them all" like DEMON HUNTER? You kidding me?
    Last edited by gobio; 2017-05-29 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Not all the legendaries are worth getting. Not all the legendaries can be used at the same time. It is not unfair that you can only use the exact same number as everyone else and therefore only need to get the exact same number as everyone else: 2 per spec.

That YOU want all of them, that's on you.
    to get the 2 per spec you need for them to be optimal, you'll have to get more than other classes(classes,not specs!), so exact same number isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Since when you need "collect them all" legendaries to "play all the specs a class has to offer"?

On which level you wish to play the spec? As WQ cleaner? As Heroic level raider? As mythic raider? M+? You can play all spec cleaning our WQ, even M+, you certainly not entitled to play all 4 spec at top level doing Mythic raiding or pushing high M+, the artifact system itself tells you its not ok.

I don't want to go too harsh, but your initial post is way too entitled. "we get fucked" by not "collect them all" like DEMON HUNTER? You kidding me?
    To be able to play them on a high lvl(which is what is considered fun by many players, including me) you need to "collect them all" or at least "collect them enough to have those 2-4 for each spec you require to be comparative"
    I intend to play them on a high m+/mythic raiding lvl, which is what other CLASSES can do with significantly fewer legendaries(and less ap investment for that matter).
    Even if you consider that we got 4specs, and most others(excluding dh) 3, those should be closer to 20-21 total legendaries, given our 27((27/4)*3).(or rather we should be closer to 24((17/3)*4))
    Well, thanks for the honesty, and I agree that the comparison with dh might not have been the smartest move.

I'm complaining about not having the option to choose actually...so quite the contrary Greatlovin. AP and legendaries really forbid you from playing all the specs you'd want

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given that we acquire those legendaries at the same rate as other classes, it takes us longer to catch them all, doesn't that seem a bit unfair? I like to play all the specs a class has to offer, and as a druid I feel we really got fucked in this regard..
    I don't think it's unfair. You as the player are choosing to play all 4 specs that druids have to offer. With each spec they have their own rate at which you acquire legendaries, so in turn its the same rate as everyone else, you have the same amount of shared legendaries and same spec specific ones. What you choose to do with your class is on blizzard. To me this just sounds like you complaining you have too much do to because you're again, CHOOSING to try and play all 4 specs at the level of a Mythic raider.

I also don't see how it's "unfair". You could turn it around and say that it's unfair for Druids to have 4 specs when every other class only has 3, and ultimately, having more legendaries are just a product of that.

I have 18 legendaries currently - every Resto and Boomkin legendary (except crafted one), plus 1 Guardian specific legendary. That puts me at 10/10 Resto, 10/10 Boomkin, 5/10 Guardian, 5/10 Feral with all of the cross spec ones. I fully expect that I will probably have every legendary by the time the 7.3 raid comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    I also don't see how it's "unfair". You could turn it around and say that it's unfair for Druids to have 4 specs when every other class only has 3, and ultimately, having more legendaries are just a product of that.

I have 18 legendaries currently - every Resto and Boomkin legendary (except crafted one), plus 1 Guardian specific legendary. That puts me at 10/10 Resto, 10/10 Boomkin, 5/10 Guardian, 5/10 Feral with all of the cross spec ones. I fully expect that I will probably have every legendary by the time the 7.3 raid comes out.
    What kind of content do you do every week? All raid tier LFR/normal/heroic I imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    What kind of content do you do every week? All raid tier LFR/normal/heroic I imagine?
    I generally don't do LFR (except maybe for a cache). I also don't generally touch EN or ToV. Normal/Heroic/Mythic NH, a daily heroic every day when the satchel is up, plus a daily BG win, and then clear the world quest map.

I've gotten 2-3 legendaries from the random BG wins, I think they are a good source.

I generally don't do LFR (except maybe for a cache). I also don't generally touch EN or ToV. Normal/Heroic/Mythic NH, a daily heroic every day when the satchel is up, plus a daily BG win, and then clear the world quest map.
    Ah that's crazy, I do about the same amount of content (minus mythic) and only have 10 legs. I did have a few stretches of bad luck compared to guildies though ... RNG ftw.

Weird. I have 44 days played and only 3 legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    The stuff people whine about, I swear.

"I have more options than any other class, but it'll take me longer to get 27 than it does to get 17, Blizzard fucked druids over."

Christ, entitled much?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post

"The artifact system itself tells you its not ok". That doesn't mean shit. The artifact system is just as flawed in this area. Just because Blizzard has this insane spec locking fetish this expansion doesn't mean it's "not ok".

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    DHs also only have two specs while we got four, isn't that unfair?

It's takes the same time to get all the legendaries for your main spec on any class, not much more to say about it.
    Pretty much. In terms of mainspecs it's all the same, the difference is that pures/only-2-role-hybrids have significantly more flexibility between specs because there's fewer legendaries to get total. For example as a Fury warrior, if you have all the ones on your loot table, that only leaves 2 Arms ones if you end up switching to Arms for whatever reason, as a druid there's 5 legendaries you're missing if you switch from one DPS spec to another. For rogues it's 2(or 3 if going to or from Outlaw) Just a... funny thing to think about when considering the kinds of arguments usually brought up when talking about pures vs hybrids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The stuff people whine about, I swear.

"I have more options than any other class, but it'll take me longer to get 27 than it does to get 17, Blizzard fucked druids over."

Christ, entitled much?
    Druids have more options but have to put in vastly more work to be able to actually make use of it(going from boomkin to resto means you have to get another 7 legendaries, assuming you had all the boomkin ones, in order to be as effective), whereas pures can switch between specs quite easily with very few spec-specific legendaries. Meanwhile rogues have to get at most 3. So no, actually pures are more flexible than hybrids now.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    "The artifact system itself tells you its not ok". That doesn't mean shit. The artifact system is just as flawed in this area. Just because Blizzard has this insane spec locking fetish this expansion doesn't mean it's "not ok".

Pretty much. In terms of mainspecs it's all the same, the difference is that pures/only-2-role-hybrids have significantly more flexibility between specs because there's fewer legendaries to get total. For example as a Fury warrior, if you have all the ones on your loot table, that only leaves 2 Arms ones if you end up switching to Arms for whatever reason, as a druid there's 5 legendaries you're missing if you switch from one DPS spec to another. For rogues it's 2(or 3 if going to or from Outlaw) Just a... funny thing to think about when considering the kinds of arguments usually brought up when talking about pures vs hybrids.

- - - Updated - - -

Druids have more options but have to put in vastly more work to be able to actually make use of it(going from boomkin to resto means you have to get another 7 legendaries, assuming you had all the boomkin ones, in order to be as effective), whereas pures can switch between specs quite easily with very few spec-specific legendaries. Meanwhile rogues have to get at most 3. So no, actually pures are more flexible than hybrids now.

^ this. Warrior is actually the best example, as switching specs for fun/whatever reason(arms might be better in tos e.g.) is SIGNIFICANTLY EASIER than it is for a druid

Quote Originally Posted by Greatlovin View Post
    Are you joking? You're complaining about having a wider breadth of options to choose from, ultimately?

Remember, you chose a class with 4 specs
    I didn't choose a class with 4 specs, I choose a class with 3 specs just like everyone else and Blizz changed it so Druids have 4 specs now.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoniize View Post
    I don't think it's unfair. You as the player are choosing to play all 4 specs that druids have to offer. With each spec they have their own rate at which you acquire legendaries, so in turn its the same rate as everyone else, you have the same amount of shared legendaries and same spec specific ones. What you choose to do with your class is on blizzard. To me this just sounds like you complaining you have too much do to because you're again, CHOOSING to try and play all 4 specs at the level of a Mythic raider.
    this is just not true....please check your info....the amount of shared legendaries on a warrior is 8 between fury/arms of which 5 are between arms/fury/prot),resulting in:
    2 pure arms
    2 pure fury
    5pure prot

on a druid shared are: 3 on heal/boom/feral/tank,1 on boom/feral/tank, 1feral/tank, 1being a moonkin one, which is arguably bis for tank, which leaves
    7 pure heal
    5 pure feral
    5pure moonkin(of which one is incredibly strong for tank)
    5 pure tank

so no...same amount is just blatantly wrong

- - - Updated - - -

as mentioned before...more specs=more legendaries would be fine, if it was proportional and the amount of shared ones was the same....which it's not
    also: hell you're lucky :P
    Last edited by Grmmppff; 2017-06-01 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    to get the 2 per spec you need for them to be optimal, you'll have to get more than other classes(classes,not specs!), so exact same number isn't true.
    Oh, this thread is still going...

I deliberatly wrote SPEC, because that is all that matters. You need 2 per spec, regardless of class. You can only use 2 per spec at a time. You have no need for more than 2 per spec at a time.

You WANT more than 2 per spec and that is fine, but that is your decision. That means you have to spend that time getting them, just like you have to spend time grinding the AP for 4 weapons and getting optimal gear for 4 specs.