Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    We are almost there with #2, and that one is really the one we need most.
    The next big step up for us will be the industrial production of graphene sheets.
    Granted, we have been at it for decades, but it is beginning to look promising. Given all the potential applications we have prepared already for the moment this takes off the funding into this technology is really taking off now.
    I'm well-aware of graphene's extraordinary properties, but almost doesn't turn the trick. And regardless, we need 2/3, not 1/3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    The pacific is currently absorbing most of that smog. At the cost of turning the ocean acidic. But it cannot absorb it all. In a few years, it might suck to be the west coast of the US.

A bit of a shame that the pacific isn't smaller than it is. I expect the US would be up in arms against pollution had they gotten the chinese smog like japan and korea does. Give it a few years I guess?
    De-acidifying the oceans of the world requires a trivial grasp of the carbon cycle; legitimately grade school science with just a little high school chemistry. There are a whole bunch of routes you can choose to make it happen, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I'm well-aware of graphene's extraordinary properties, but almost doesn't turn the trick. And regardless, we need 2/3, not 1/3.
    I do not think we need all three immideately, having #2 would do the trick.
    And we can already produce continuous sheets of graphene, it is just too expensive right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    De-acidifying the oceans of the world requires a trivial grasp of the carbon cycle; legitimately grade school science with just a little high school chemistry. There are a whole bunch of routes you can choose to make it happen, too.
    Theoretically, but the challenge is making it happen and getting funds for it.