Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kil'jaeden Mythic?

I was looking over the dungeon journal for the bosses today and I noticed that, according to what I saw in the journals, nothing seemed to change between heroic and Mythic for Kil'jaeden. I would assume this means we're probably getting something secret added in the fight then like with Guldan mythic. I'm still a little baffled by the fact that nothing else seems to work differently at all. Usually there is something different in the fight aside from just the new phase, right? I mean even Guldan had some changes outside of the Demon Within phase. Did I miss something?

And more importantly: Is there anything datamined pertaining to this boss fight on mythic? What secrets could he hold? Thoughts?

Dungeon Journal never shows the changes between heroic and mythic on a final boss.

If you want to see the mythic changes on kil'jaeden you have to check the dungeon journal on ptr, the one on live is heavily outdated and yes there are substantial differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    If you want to see the mythic changes on kil'jaeden you have to check the dungeon journal on ptr, the one on live is heavily outdated and yes there are substantial differences.
    Usually the journal will show you changes to the phases that are the same but it won't show you the secret phases or secret bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Usually the journal will show you changes to the phases that are the same but it won't show you the secret phases or secret bosses.
    It's weird.

Garrosh dungeon journal originally didn't show changes for heroic (like Kor'kron warbringers blood frenzied), but did after it became mythic.

Blackhand dungeon journal doesn't mention falling cinders, or debris exploding or falling debris.

Archimonde dungeon journal does show changes for reasons unknown.

Xavius dungeon journal mentions nothing about spawning Corruption Horrors from missed dreams.

Gul'dan dungeon journal mentions nothing about fel winds, or empowered liquid hellfire being three orbs, or extra action buttons being one use only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It's weird.

Garrosh dungeon journal originally didn't show changes for heroic (like Kor'kron warbringers blood frenzied), but did after it became mythic.

Blackhand dungeon journal doesn't mention falling cinders, or debris exploding or falling debris.

Xavius dungeon journal mentions nothing about spawning Corruption Horrors from missed dreams.

Gul'dan dungeon journal mentions nothing about fel winds, or empowered liquid hellfire being three orbs, or extra action buttons being one use only.
    Archimonde doesn't show changes, the hidden phase is not there. as is with all other bosses that had hidden phases. Sometimes they'll mention a mechanic change or something but never reveal the truly challenging changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Archi, it only mentions that the phase exists, but nothing about it. But yeah, it is different to even mention it, more so than the other bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    For Archi, it only mentions that the phase exists, but nothing about it. But yeah, it is different to even mention it, more so than the other bosses.
    Archi mentions that there are 3 shadowfel bursts and the changes to wrought/focused chaos as well as the doomfire changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flazian View Post
    Archi mentions that there are 3 shadowfel bursts and the changes to wrought/focused chaos as well as the doomfire changes.
    Worded what I said a bit poorly, I guess. I was only talking about that last mythic only phase. It says it exists, more so than the other bosses named, but that's it for what it says about that phase. Other bosses, even Gul'dan, you get a gist of the changes such as there being no real first phase and the adds spawning during the former 2nd phase (now 1st). Otherwise, yeah, they do like to gloss over the specific mechanic changes from heroic -> mythic.

*note: I've only really looked deeply into the Gul'dan and Archimonde journal entries.

Regardless if it mentions the changes or not, by the time a top 20 guild gets to last boss, the world first guys have released a video anyway. Only the top 10 or top 5 potentially have to figure shit out themselves.

Beside that, the abilities are on Wowhead anyway because of datamining. My guildies found out about 1 of the abilities on Gul'dan Mythic-only phase during ToV because of Wowhead.

For example: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=206847/parasitic-wound says: Added in patch 7.0.3.21134

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Regardless if it mentions the changes or not, by the time a top 20 guild gets to last boss, the world first guys have released a video anyway. Only the top 10 or top 5 potentially have to figure shit out themselves.

Beside that, the abilities are on Wowhead anyway because of datamining. My guildies found out about 1 of the abilities on Gul'dan Mythic-only phase during ToV because of Wowhead.

For example: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=206847/parasitic-wound says: Added in patch 7.0.3.21134
    Yes but I'm still curious as to what the phase might be. I think this is the only time there hasn't been any documented changes from heroic to mythic on the phases that are the same on both versions... which is curious.

The Mythic Phase will likely be Kil'jaeden teleporting the Players into his throne room, only for him to die there, and have us back at his Ship straight after. Then, during the Argus raid, we'll fight Tal'gath at Kil'jaeden's throne room, with him being Impaled just above the throne itself....

And then, we kill him, only to take on Sargeras himself straight after...

- - - Updated - - -

And, If there is a Mythic Sargeras fight, we'll likely see Azeroth herself empower us, just before The Dark Titan dies....

Ya know, cause plot....

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    The Mythic Phase will likely be Kil'jaeden teleporting the Players into his throne room, only for him to die there, and have us back at his Ship straight after. Then, during the Argus raid, we'll fight Tal'gath at Kil'jaeden's throne room, with him being Impaled just above the throne itself....

And then, we kill him, only to take on Sargeras himself straight after...

- - - Updated - - -

And, If there is a Mythic Sargeras fight, we'll likely see Azeroth herself empower us, just before The Dark Titan dies....

Ya know, cause plot....
    As long as its not a nother 15+ minutes fight. What happened with making last boss fights super chalenging without having to add a completly new phase in the end with totaly allien mechanics (sometimes even with an entirely new boss like on Guldan and Margrok). Blackhand did it right, and so did Lei Shen, those two are arguably harder than the extra phase super long fight final bosses (aside from Archmonde).

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    As long as its not a nother 15+ minutes fight. What happened with making last boss fights super chalenging without having to add a completly new phase in the end with totaly allien mechanics (sometimes even with an entirely new boss like on Guldan and Margrok). Blackhand did it right, and so did Lei Shen, those two are arguably harder than the extra phase super long fight final bosses (aside from Archmonde).
    I don't know I think a secret phase with new mechanics is exciting. Harkens back to the days before dungeon journal like the world first Illidan where everyone was tensing up wondering if he actually died at 0% or if something new was going to happen.

Also I like 15 minute fights for their dark souls style make the player endure suffering so they feel elation when they win value.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-05-31 at 07:11 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    secret phase for mythic Kil'jaeden is this: after witnessing multiple deaths at the hands (or talons) of seagulls in EoA he decided to make the body of a seagull the new avatar for Sargeras. so at 20% you have to not only fight Kil'jaeden but also a Sargeras powered seagull

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    secret phase for mythic Kil'jaeden is this: after witnessing multiple deaths at the hands (or talons) of seagulls in EoA he decided to make the body of a seagull the new avatar for Sargeras. so at 20% you have to not only fight Kil'jaeden but also a Sargeras powered seagull
    My bet is on snails

I don't know I think a secret phase with new mechanics is exciting. Harkens back to the days before dungeon journal like the world first Illidan where everyone was tensing up wondering if he actually died at 0% or if something new was going to happen.

Also I like 15 minute fights for their dark souls style make the player endure suffering so they feel elation when they win value.
    eh, its exciting for me, when the mechanics are intuitive and mesh well together and frankly, guldans mythic phase isnt really exciting, I know, they wanted to do spin on some BT Illidan abilities, but they went a little overboard with both the length and the abilities being just a bunch of random stuff and I find that phase really boring, even tho Im assigned to everything, stun parasites, soak tank debuff and CC add, so I have stuff going on, but its... meh

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    My bet is on snails
    Snail/Seagull hybrid

That fight is a bit strange. I watched closely the dungeon journal since Tomb went there. Now in phase I he summons only a couple reflections, that seems stupid. But before that he had "Legion of the Faithful" where he summoned different adds - eredar, fel orcs, DH, smth else, they had different abilities. In the first intermission he not only flies awy, but also summons an overfiend called Ixallon or like that.
    I guess that went to Mythic. I think there will be no extra phase, but rather more spells and changed abilities.
    And it's curious about percentage: P1 is 20% (100-80), P2 is 40% (80-40), P3 is 40%. Not too common, I guess. Perhaps fight ends at 10% as LK, then ciuscene follows, maybe on Mythic comething else happens.
    Well, I told just what I know, no datamine, alas.

I do hope that something happens, because Gul'dan had a nice throwback. Maybe the Eredar Twins show up with Brutallus and Sathrovarr. The raid group needs to jump and stack tightly on some sort of edge, where PvP trinkets are used once again. Healers struggle to keep up with Burn, and assigned groups are dedicated to dealing with Sathrovarr by hopping into portals. This is on top of the already long phase of KJ: healers dealing with Fire Bloom, tanks picking up reflections, the raid stacking up for Thousand Souls, avoiding meteors, etc. It seems so exciting, it could bring me out of requirement.

Regardless of that, congrats to those guilds who stick it out and get through ToS to see the Nargles finale! I know raiding has been tough, especially in NH and having to deal with artifact/legendary nonsense. This will be a worthy kill, even better than KJ-SWP, in my opinion.