Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    Official! (sad to read tho)
    A legendary I'll probably never use? What a surprise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    Official! (sad to read tho)
    Well, anyone who has played the game enough to amass most, if not all legendaries, for his spec, will by the time of the release have the bad-luck protection stacked so high (despite the lower gains) that it will hardly matter.

Deleted
    I find sad that Blizz don't gives us the talent ring from another source than just a random legendary drop. I liked this idea.

But now, I don't think it is relevant to talk about DPS gain yet because if you take a look at the rings on the PTR, Paladins rings have 384 Haste, Crit and Mastery for a total stat budget of 1152 stats for a 970 ilvl ring. And this is bad. But if you take a look at Wowhead, you can see that the other classes have way more stats on their rings.

DK, DH, druids : 1281 Crit, 1025 Haste, 1538 Mastery : 3844 stats (Yes, for druids it's 1025 crit and 1281 haste but you got the idea).
    Hunter : 769 Crit, 1025 Haste, 1281 Mastery : 3075 stats
    Mages : 1153 Crit, 1666 haste, 1410 Mastery : 4229 stats
    etc...

All the other classes have 3075 to 4459 stats on their rings, only paladins have only 1152 total stats on it. So there is no way that the ring will stay like this because DP is a good talent to have, but not that strong. Solsacra has made another simulation where the talent ring had the same stat budget as Lliadrin fury and the ring was a lot better (if i remember correctly it sims as our second best legendary).

I think that the ring isn't finished yet, the fury warrior's one had it talent changed not long ago so Blizzard is still working on it. I think we will see changes on the paladin ring soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you sweet summer child.

Btw stats were updated on PTR to 2500 stat budget

On our ring no idea about others

Deleted
    940ilvl

855 crit
    641 haste
    1060 mastery

total: 2556 rating

That is the one that is currently on the PTR

For comparison Liadrin's has:

2137 crit
    1602 haste

total: 3739 rating

Both have sockets.... just cause i know some overeager person is gonna bring that up. :P

I imagine that at 970 the difference will be bigger... so we are still looking at maybe 1500 rating difference? Around that. But the secondaries on Leadrin's are obviously better.

I looked up Solsacras latest sims and it seems like the ring will be BiS alongside the cloak IF you have above 30% haste. Otherwise it's still Chain + cloak or Chain + liadrins for ST. For AoE seems like the new chest is quite good with the cloak.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-02 at 07:43 AM.

Deleted
    That's interesting Nemmar. I have to say that I like the new ring and playing Ring + Cloak is something I would like.

But just a question, because I didn't saw the latest Sol's sims (i don't know where to find them^^), do you know if the chest that was tested was after its nerf? Caus' now it's only 8% increased DS damage per stacks with 25 stacks max (so a total bonus of 200% when at full stacks).

New chest is good fir aoe how?
    "hold on guys, in a minute I'll do The AoE, just you wait!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    New chest is good fir aoe how?
    "hold on guys, in a minute I'll do The AoE, just you wait!"?
    It lacks a conditional like the cape: You do not need to use a spell to buff it.

It is a chest piece giving a large amount of raw stats making it "strong" in all situations

The current usage is Cast DS at 30 stacks (now 25) Sec at 15 Stacks of Crusade and once in between on single target.

Outside of Crusade in aoe you will get 1-3 stacks naturally before unloading DS unless your generators are fresh/able to be used immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    It lacks a conditional like the cape: You do not need to use a spell to buff it.

It is a chest piece giving a large amount of raw stats making it "strong" in all situations

The current usage is Cast DS at 30 stacks (now 25) Sec at 15 Stacks of Crusade and once in between on single target.

Outside of Crusade in aoe you will get 1-3 stacks naturally before unloading DS unless your generators are fresh/able to be used immediately.
    Wait, why is this not showing on ptr notes? Or maybe I just haven't found it

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post

If I remember correctly, all legendaries have have a large amount of raw stats, so that's hardly a point.
    Well, besides paladin legendary ring, to which I'm sure is a solid explanation.
    So far I'm yet to see how this chest piece is going to actually enhance our AoE performance.
    If you so wish to maximize your aoe potential, there are other, better options, namely shoulders and cloak, which also have better stat itemization.

But thank you for responding nevertheless, and fir information about chest PTR changes.

If I remember correctly, all legendaries have have a large amount of raw stats, so that's hardly a point.
    Well, besides paladin legendary ring, to which I'm sure is a solid explanation.
    So far I'm yet to see how this chest piece is going to actually enhance our AoE performance.
    If you so wish to maximize your aoe potential, there are other, better options, namely shoulders and cloak, which also have better stat itemization.

But thank you for responding nevertheless, and fir information about chest PTR changes.
    They also nerfed it to 8% per stack. 25 stacks and 8% makes it more dubious for single target than before, because you won't use it every 50 seconds, you'll use it every minute anyway, until the end. It's actually only 62% more powerful than a TV at full stack count, which is a pretty massive nerf from what it was. I suspect this nerf is motivated mainly by PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    They also nerfed it to 8% per stack. 25 stacks and 8% makes it more dubious for single target than before, because you won't use it every 50 seconds, you'll use it every minute anyway, until the end. It's actually only 62% more powerful than a TV at full stack count, which is a pretty massive nerf from what it was. I suspect this nerf is motivated mainly by PVP.
    Mainly by PvP? That which is anaffected by legendaries ?
    Doubt it.

Mainly by PvP? That which is anaffected by legendaries ?
    Doubt it.
    World PVP. "A Divine Storm more powerful than Justicar's Vengeance while they're stunned? We better take World PVP into account for this because we have to consider EVERY variable when it comes to ret no matter how insignificant it is"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They'd likely switched loot spec to their preferred offspec by now though.
    It's questionable whether that is a good move. As far as i know we simply don't know whether the bad-luck protection keeps stacking once you got them all... and we don't know whether 7.2.5 will infact reset the currently accumulated value...

So at this point it's a gamble you can choose to participate in or simply dismiss...
    If they chose to dismiss it, then it is their own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    World PVP. "A Divine Storm more powerful than Justicar's Vengeance while they're stunned? We better take World PVP into account for this because we have to consider EVERY variable when it comes to ret no matter how insignificant it is"
    But on the other side; how much does it heal for? Let's not forget JV is actually in the healing-row of our spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    It's questionable whether that is a good move. As far as i know we simply don't know whether the bad-luck protection keeps stacking once you got them all... and we don't know whether 7.2.5 will infact reset the currently accumulated value...

So at this point it's a gamble you can choose to participate in or simply dismiss...
    If they chose to dismiss it, then it is their own fault.
    There's no doubt bad luck protection will keep stacking, because you start getting legendaries outside of your spec after you accumulate all the legendaries for your current spec. Unless you mean all of the ones for the entire class I guess.

But on the other side; how much does it heal for? Let's not forget JV is actually in the healing-row of our spec.
    Don't question Blizzard's 50/50 decision making. Half the stuff they do makes sense, the other half doesn't.

It should be accounted for exactly why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vratz View Post
    That's interesting Nemmar. I have to say that I like the new ring and playing Ring + Cloak is something I would like.

But just a question, because I didn't saw the latest Sol's sims (i don't know where to find them^^), do you know if the chest that was tested was after its nerf? Caus' now it's only 8% increased DS damage per stacks with 25 stacks max (so a total bonus of 200% when at full stacks).
    Probably was pre-nerf. So, yeah, maybe not as good now.
    Ok, i will link it, but it is outdated. (Sol, if you are reading this and don't want this posted let me know and i will remove it).

https://simc.derig.org/static/output...b99cb8648.html

So, post nerf it's probably alongside the others. It was beating them by a good margin in aoe.

Legendaries low 20% haste:
    https://simc.derig.org/static/output...d2ece0f7e.html

Legendaries 30% haste:
    https://simc.derig.org/static/output...028e05edb.html

All credit goes to Solsacra ofc.

To answer storm aswell... it's because in raid encounters you have hectic add waves. You don't wait to build up the stacks, you use them when the adds are up and otherwise use on max stacks of crusade and on it's own max stats outside of that. I can see uses, like in krosus and spellblade adds that have to be killed super fast for example. Worth it? Well... if i'm gonna have the DP ring, i think that has the potencial to give better aoe, but it all depends on how long the adds live.

Either way, it may have a use for those that want to bother to maximise it.

Quite honestly, i'm just happy that we will end up using the ring. Fingers crossed it will be worth it. I don't like the idea of 30% haste just because we lose so many of the other stats. But it may be doable in heroic ToS gear.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-02 at 10:00 PM.