Deleted

need help Guldan mythic tanking phase 3

Hello guys, my guild is currently on phase 3 but we have problems to keep the tank alive when the boss takes his soul and someone has to soak it.

We have a warrior and a paladin and the problem I think it´s that our healers are 2 droods, paladin and priest holy. The soul is being soaked instantly by 2 dh´s but the paladin dies before healers can remove the absord shield.

Do you think our warrior tank would be better for tanking the boss in this phase? the paladin and the warrior have the same gear and we thought the warrior would be better for tanking the adds because of the mobility he has.

Thank you for your help!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what tank is better, but I tank the adds as a DK in the final phase and DKs have the worst mobility.

Basically just use whatever tank is going to be safer at tanking Illidan. Don't worry about mobility for tanking adds and baiting flame crashes because it's largely going to be a non-issue.

There are two ways to deal with it

Easy mode : get a guardian druid

Hard mode : Make sure your paladin has mitigation up for the whole time they are severed,and should spam heal themselves to remove the absorb shield (Guardian spirit from the priest and lay on hands can make two of the absorb shields way easier to manage),External CDs from your healers can really make a world of difference for this

Also,be glad you're not using a DH or warrior to tank the boss,or worse,a DK :P

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    That's some nice misinformation you got there. DK's are pretty MVP for P3.

I think someone has a case of the FOTM reroll syndrome.
    Nah,Soulsever forces us to spec into rune tap to survive,and without foul bulvark the time we spent without healing is enough to get us dead without heavy use of externals,we are good to tank the adds and the flame crashes,but the soulsever fucks us up.it is possible,but it's the worst you can get

As much as the new traits(and additionnal points into vampiric fangs) help,we're still the worst tanks for that job
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2017-06-01 at 01:43 PM.

This was kind of our issue and it might be yours and I don't know if it's a bug or what.. but anytime the soul was ripped, the guys rotating to take it would run to it and have to stand there on it or jump up and down for couple a seconds before it registered that he got it. It's super annoying since i just see my life drop more and more as someones trying to soak it for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oAllElseFailo View Post
    This was kind of our issue and it might be yours and I don't know if it's a bug or what.. but anytime the soul was ripped, the guys rotating to take it would run to it and have to stand there on it or jump up and down for couple a seconds before it registered that he got it. It's super annoying since i just see my life drop more and more as someones trying to soak it for me.
    LOL yes! this happened to us yesterday more than once actually.....we were freaking out because we couldnt understand what happened, our dh was sure he soaked it but the tank was still with the inmunity healing.... thanks for telling me that i appreciate it!

- - - Updated - - -

Either tank works, they just need to fully understand how the mechanic works.

Paladin example:
    They can spellward ones where it's tricky ability overlap.
    They need to have active mit up for the severed duration
    The absorb shield can be removed mostly by the paladin with their self heal.

Assuming the paladin is running 4p+helm+RP they can keep themselves up for it and its just business as usual for the rest of your healers.

The main thing about the mechanic is the soul being soaked ASAP.
    thx for your help! i will tell it to our tanks and maybe we will kill it tonight

Progress: 7/7 (M) 3/3 (M) 10/10 (M)
    World: 426
    EU: 260
    EU English: 142
    Realm: 11

World: 426

LOLOLOL

rekt

/10char

Deleted

What are you even talking DKs are shit level for P3 Gul'Dan. Soulsever is a big hit that denies healing untill somebody takes your soul, when you are able to heal you still have a negative absortion shield. In a tank whose mitigation is based on "take damage and heal up". DK is shit tier for Illidan, it's capable but literally any tank will have a better time. He can do the offtank mechanic pretty easy tho.

OT: Make sure a CD is popped up every time a soulsever hits the tank, either a personal or a external one. Make a WA for your healers so they know when they can heal the tank and how many they still need to heal him to get the absorb healed up ASAP. You can use BoP (not spellward, it is NOT magic damage) to cheese some difficult soulsevers (if the tank taunts before the BoP is applied, and he removes the aura before the taunt debuff goes off).It won't cheese the healing debuff, but will make no damage, so it's an option if you have some rets/hpallys. Anyway if the paladin is having problems, you can always put the warrior in his place; you don't need a high mobility at all to do the offtank part (i did it on a Blood DK with no probs).

EDIT: the aura: https://pastebin.com/SMpNYH9x you need to change on the tab "trigger" the section "specific unit" to the name of your tank. There is probably a way to make it work for any given tank but i don't care as long as we already downed gul'dan lol. only works on english client.
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2017-06-01 at 04:36 PM.

Can you not have the offtank just taunt the boss during the soulsever cast and have boss+add while the soulsever tank runs out flame crash?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Can you not have the offtank just taunt the boss during the soulsever cast and have boss+add while the soulsever tank runs out flame crash?
    I saw this strat, one tank tanks boss + adds, the other does soulsever + crashes. Is a pain in the ass to get the adds in the right spot tho, but makes it easier for the healers.

EDIT: video here https://youtu.be/JksNJX18m28?t=10m6s
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2017-06-01 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    I saw this strat, one tank tanks boss + adds, the other does soulsever + crashes. Is a pain in the ass to get the adds in the right spot tho, but makes it easier for the healers.

EDIT: video here https://youtu.be/JksNJX18m28?t=10m6s
    Thanks for the link.