Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is alot of games that cost less than 20bucks, doesnt req to pay sub, but give alot of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    "What other form of entertainment provides as many hours as WoW for $15 bucks a month?"

A friend, girlfriend.
    You probably do not go out much with your GF.

Deleted
    yeah if im going for least money invested for most time, your argument makes sense on some level.

Id rather be very entertained for 10 hours for $100, and also have variety in my life by working/ doing other things. if the alternative is grinding in an mmo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    "What other form of entertainment provides as many hours as WoW for $15 bucks a month?"
    A friend, girlfriend.
    You must have CHEAP friends....

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Runescape, $9 a month.
    You still have to pay for runescape?

Deleted
    That is the nature of MMO games you enjoy with friends.

I also played and enjoyed a lot of free2play titles like DotA2 and Team Fortress. Does that mean their price/entertainment ratio is infinite?

One thing is for sure for me. If WoW was more expensive than it currently is I will stop playing, because to be honest I am not a big fan of the time gating and repetitive grinding in LEGION.

10+ Year Old Account
    Games get boring no matter how good they are, eventually you need real social interaction. It costs money but it's worth not being a total loser ^_^

I limit most of my gameplay to week days so after work I do nothing but on weekends I always go out. I get off really late usually though so I have no choice p much.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    If F2P games can do the same, then why should we pay? Paid game should worth it's price. If I can have the same crappy CRZed world with meaningless quests and 3-button style game mechanics in GW2, that is free, except recent xpack, then why should I buy Wow?
    yet to play a F2P game that had the quality of WoW, or didn't require $100 in microtransactions to access the content anyway.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess it did save me a whole lot of money from buying €40-60 games.

Usually only buy new games under €25 now. Unless it's a known success.

Game I got the most entertainment from 2013-2016 was Trials Evolution/Fusion on pc, total of €40 in 3 years, and it netted me a "free" trip to E3 in 2015 by contributing custom content.

(TeriXeri)

2004 was pretty much City of Heroes, then WoW beta/live 2004-2013, then Trials, then 2016 Legion-now.

I've been playing World of Warships (for free) couple weeks now to take a little break from WoW burn-out.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-02 at 01:23 AM.

WRONG.

DnD, Tapletop that doesn't have figures etc. 0 Dollars if you know where to look/can borrow books.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    yet to play a F2P game that had the quality of WoW, or didn't require $100 in microtransactions to access the content anyway.
    World of Warships is F2P, yes has obscene costs for Premium stuff, but it's at least decent once in a while once you get to around mid-tiers, I don't expect highest tier competitive play for "free".

I play it for free.

On MMORPG genre there's none however.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-02 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    yet to play a F2P game that had the quality of WoW, or didn't require $100 in microtransactions to access the content anyway
    It's "I want to have access to all content for my $15 and rewards to be proportional to wear on pants" mentality. Kids, who don't earn their own money, but have plenty of free time, have such mentality. Adults have opposite mentality - we don't want to pay for things, we don't need. We focus on small portions of content, but we want this pieces of content to be enjoyable. If I don't do raids - I don't want to pay for raids. If I don't play recent xpack, cuz devs have forgotten to add content for me into it - I don't want to pay for it, cuz it means sponsoring further degradation of game. On the other hand, there are small things, I would want to invest into even more money, than $15. And it would be nice, if I would be able to direct my money directly into content, I prefer.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It's "I want to have access to all content for my $15 and rewards to be proportional to wear on pants" mentality. Kids, who don't earn their own money, but have plenty of free time, have such mentality. Adults have opposite mentality - we don't want to pay for things, we don't need. We focus on small portions of content, but we want this pieces of content to be enjoyable. If I don't do raids - I don't want to pay for raids. If I don't play recent xpack, cuz devs have forgotten to add content for me into it - I don't want to pay for it, cuz it means sponsoring further degradation of game. On the other hand, there are small things, I would want to invest into even more money, than $15. And it would be nice, if I would be able to direct my money directly into content, I prefer.
    Thats a lot of assumptions there. AS an adult that has played WoW for years, I pay my $15 for all the content within the game, regardless of if I enjoy that exact type or not, since it supports the game as a whole. The "DEVS FORGOT ABOUT ME, WHERES MY CONTENT" is more the Kid mentality.

While I agree with everything stated, do we really need yet another Jaylock bait thread?

since ther are games that replicate the 'wow' formula for free... I'd say that there are cheaper options than wow....

Value? Some of the things I'm "encouraged" to do in Legion are so boring that I'd rather wash the dishes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, considering there are F2P games that don't require any monetary investment ever, no, WoW is not the least expensive most high value form of entertainment... There are others that are quite literally infinitely less expensive and higher value.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBF the subscription model is very outdated and probably puts off more people than attracts
    A sub is vastly preferable to a game that gently shoves you towards the cash shop for everything.

I've spent an unnerving amount of money on WoW over the years, but I think I got better value for it than in most other games.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Ehhh. I wouldn't have a sub if I couldn't gold-to-sub. GW2's just as good if not better at holding my attention, has just as open a cash shop as WoW, and no sub fee.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.