Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Basically, it was a hot day and I was hungry as shit. I walked 15 minutes to Subway but the heated walk was too much and, for some reason, I bought a bag of candy. On the way back home, I was thirsty and feeling more like shit than ever, unknowingly wolfing down the entire bag of soft candy. When I came back home, I tried to eat my sandwich but the minute I took a bite, I couldn't and still can't taste anything, just a horrific sugary numbness to my entire mouth. I tried coffee, chips, and other strong tasting shit like Orange Juice but nothing did anything to get the feeling from my mouth.

Not long after, I started puking and am now laying down with a violent headache.

Now I'll never eat that kind of shit again, but what exactly do you call what I am feeling in my mouth now if there is a term for it.
    - drink water
    - eat less sugar
    - brush your teeth

Formerly known as Arafal

Sour Patch Kids do that to my mouth, too. And I wouldn't even be able to explain it to you. I just don't eat them...

Honestly... it just sounds like you were dehydrated. If I were you, I'd keep a bottle of gatorade/powerade/water with you while walking around. I'm a type 1 Diabetic (autoimmune or juvenile onset, pancreas doesn't make insulin). Yes, I can eat things like Sour Patch Kids. I can eat whatever I want.

I tend to stick with the gatorade option just in case I'm moving around a lot. Heat makes my blood sugar go low. It can also make it go higher (just sitting around). I've had heat exhaustion with low blood sugar, and it sucks. Same with high BS. I get nasty headaches afterwards too. Keeping hydrated solves it. Takes a while for that horrible bleh feeling to go away, too. All you can really do is keep sipping water, and keep yourself cool.

Was it stupid? Yes, definitely. I'd take better precautions in the future I hope you feel better soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was a really shit way to ruin my breakfast and day but, in my old age, you can't think straight sometimes. I don't even eat candy often if at all, but for reference, this was the shit

well no shit, eating a whole bag of sour candy with empty belly while being dehydrated on a hot day.

maybe next time buy some bottle of water instead of soft acidic calorie bombs.

Formerly known as Arafal

wait. you are in your FORTIES? I thought you were like.. 15 tops, judging by your prior posts.....

I'm not sure I understand how candy would cause you to feel this way. I mean we all have eaten a lot of candy at once as a kid or something, you get a stomach ache and you go 'well this is why mom told me not to eat all that candy at once.' Exactly what kind of candy were you eating?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever had a hangover lol, they are much worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drink tons of pure water.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    I'm not sure I understand how candy would cause you to feel this way. I mean we all have eaten a lot of candy at once as a kid or something, you get a stomach ache and you go 'well this is why mom told me not to eat all that candy at once.' Exactly what kind of candy were you eating?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever had a hangover lol, they are much worse.
    Yeah maybe as a kid, but I have not eaten candy like this since my fucking 20s. Now in my 40s it is quite something.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Wait for the sweet embrace of death. RIP op

just drink plenty of water and your taste buds will return eventually. you will be fine after a few days.

I'm in my 40s

You're in your 40's?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Yeah maybe as a kid, but I have not eaten candy like this since my fucking 20s. Now in my 40s it is quite something.
    You might want to think about taking some pro biotics. Like some pro-biotic yogurt or kefir or something. If a bag of candy is causing you to feel like that, I would hedge a guess that you are likely not in best of health right now. Maybe some Kombucha tea. Is there something wrong with your liver?
    Last edited by Seani; 2017-06-03 at 08:13 PM.

Is the OP diabetic? It can cause an overwhelming sweet taste in the mouth...

Ketoacidosis is not cool.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

If you didn't realise what was wrong whilst you were writing your own post I don't really know what to say.

And you do know judging from the thread title so I'm not sure what there is to discuss.

How the he'll do you not know you're eating an entire bag of candy?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    How the he'll do you not know you're eating an entire bag of candy?
    Eating a bag of candy to me, seems like 'yeah it was a mistake but it isn't a fatal mistake lol,' I think the bigger problem here is that the OP isn't in great health right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, it was a hot day and I was hungry as shit. I walked 15 minutes to Subway but the heated walk was too much and, for some reason, I bought a bag of candy. On the way back home, I was thirsty and feeling more like shit than ever, unknowingly wolfing down the entire bag of soft candy. When I came back home, I tried to eat my sandwich but the minute I took a bite, I couldn't and still can't taste anything, just a horrific sugary numbness to my entire mouth. I tried coffee, chips, and other strong tasting shit like Orange Juice but nothing did anything to get the feeling from my mouth.

Not long after, I started puking and am now laying down with a violent headache.

Now I'll never eat that kind of shit again, but what exactly do you call what I am feeling in my mouth now if there is a term for it.
    This is how the Nightborne turned into the Withered. With "Ancient Mana"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Absolutely. Don't drink water or see a doctor. Fire up the comp and ask on MMO Champion ^^
    I'm fairly certain everyone in this thread is a licensed doctor
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Just sleep it off. You'll be OK tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You're in your 40's?
    I think the purpose of this was so you could post that gif. I'm sure you are very pleased with yourself now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus fucking christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting