Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm still trying to find Rexxar for Onyxia Attunement. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Yeah, baby, bring guild poaching back! Make poaching great again I mean it's still a thing now, kinda, but it's nothing compared to TBC poaching

Many people are struggling w/ maintaining 20ppl+ roster for Mythic raiding, and you want them to deal w/ guild poaching too? lel
    i think you meant the absolute cannibalism of guilds where most were completely absorbed by other guilds and had no chance to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Wildstar did that... Didn't work out that well.
    There were a thousand reasons why Wildstar failed. Blaming attunements when the vast majority of players never stayed long enough to level to cap is rather disingenuous.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because story.

Old school attunements weren't fun. Having to drag new raiders through stale content just to get to what we actually wanted to do was a horrible boring model.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No.

/10chars

Half of me believes we have moved on from attunements

Most of the wow playerbase who was around for attunements are knocking on 30+ now and dont have the time for long lengthy attunement chains when all they wanna do is raid in the small amount of time they have to play and those who wasnt around are not used to it and the shit storm they would cause on the wow forums would be huge.

The other half of me believes for storywise some kind of quest chain leading up to the raid is a good idea as long as its not gated behind having to make up a non quable group cause i struggled to find a group just to get my kara attunement done and i know people who still havent done it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    There were a thousand reasons why Wildstar failed. Blaming attunements when the vast majority of players never stayed long enough to level to cap is rather disingenuous.
    Complaints about the attunements were quite common though. One of the most common among other things that made the game too "hardcore".
    In any case, attunements were removed from WoW for a reason. It didn't help the game in any way and bringing them back would hardly be a good thing.

Now, the OP probably does not belive that it would make the game better. He is here to troll and annoy people, as he always does.

Deleted
    Yes it would be awesome. But only if you would remove difficulty levels and go back to TBC style of raiding. Which i would love. You really cant put attuments in if current raids have 4 difficulty levels. People will just quit and do some casual LFR. You would have ot force them to do that 1 hardest difficulty level in otder to make attuments work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complaints about the attunements were quite common though. One of the most common among other things that made the game too "hardcore".
    In any case, attunements were removed from WoW for a reason. It didn't help the game in any way and bringing them back would hardly be a good thing.

Now, the OP probably does not belive that it would make the game better. He is here to troll and annoy people, as he always does.
    People didn't like actually having to try in leveling dungeons and on elite mobs out in the world so the masses quit before they ever reached cap. Because so very few people made it to cap the small number of complaints seemed more numerous. All in all the only real issue with the attunements in Wildstar were the timers and the severe lack of players.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What difficulty does it add?

We had it for Kara and all it added was an extra time gating to content.

Its simply not needed. If it provides a story or a mechanic introduction, fine. But theyre just time gates.

Why not. More exploration, more content, more fun.

People didn't like actually having to try in leveling dungeons and on elite mobs out in the world so the masses quit before they ever reached cap. Because so very few people made it to cap the small number of complaints seemed more numerous. All in all the only real issue with the attunements in Wildstar were the timers and the severe lack of players.
    Maybe but then again, we didn't have issues finding people.
    Finding people that could raid was an issue however.

And again, attunements for dungeons and raids is a bad idea.
    You need the right gear to kill a boss but not having attunements means that you can take a slightly undegeared player and have him or her take part in the raid and catch up while raiding. That is a good system that doesn't make people hesitant of coming back after a break or join the expantion after a few months.

You won't get people back by saying: Sure you can come back but you can never play with the people that played since launch.

Though the current AP and legendary systems work like this in a way. Coming back to Legion is rather pointless at this point unless you plan on doing... Nothing.

I never understood the attunement fetish some people have.

To be honest, attunements are just a ballache when you want to return to those dungeons and instances at a later date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe but then again, we didn't have issues finding people.
    Finding people that could raid was an issue however.

And again, attunements for dungeons and raids is a bad idea.
    You need the right gear to kill a boss but not having attunements means that you can take a slightly undegeared player and have him or her take part in the raid and catch up while raiding. That is a good system that doesn't make people hesitant of coming back after a break or join the expantion after a few months.

You won't get people back by saying: Sure you can come back but you can never play with the people that played since launch.

Though the current AP and legendary systems work like this in a way. Coming back to Legion is rather pointless at this point unless you plan on doing... Nothing.
    I think we're well beyond getting people back. At this point WoW is in it's expand when an expansion releases and bleed out phase. I figure it'll be like that for a couple more cycles and then once the population dips to like 2 or 3 million it'll hold around those numbers. Attunements in Warcraft now would just frustrate a playerbase who already gets mad at timesinks. We bitch about timesinks in an MMO... Step back for a second and ponder that one. I think we all need to come to terms with the fact that many of us don't like the genre anymore or we don't have time and instead of letting new players/younger players take our place we demanded Blizzard change the game for us.

Deleted
    I wouldn't trust current dev team with that. They'd gate attunments behind time gated "research" and command table missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    I never understood the attunement fetish some people have.

To be honest, attunements are just a ballache when you want to return to those dungeons and instances at a later date.
    Its nice from RPG point of view. It gives some lore to raid instance and reason for players to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Attunements would be awesome. And remove legendaries/AP/*forged/LFG/LFR please, only one difficulty should stay.
    and...for 6 months or less wow will have 500k or even less players...good job champ...and btw have all attuns since vanilla, but no thx...

Deleted
    Attunements were great back then. They were part of the progression of your character. Not alt friendly at all, but the game wasn't about having alts. And it was better that way (for me).

Wow is just not played by the same type of gamers anymore. Young hardcore gamer focusing on one game only have moved to other games.

Attunements are a bad idea.

All attunement really does is limit the number of players available to participate in/help with that content. They end up being a gating mechanism that is more tedious than beneficial/fun/necessary. There was no real point to the gating of the Suramar dungeons other than to practically mandate everyone bull rush through the Suramar questline, as well as grind rep in other ways, too. There was nothing special about these dungeons. They dropped more interesting loot in some slots, but iirc it was not categorically more powerful across the board to allow them special snowflake status.

Attunements bog things down and basically just stop people from grouping with other people. In a game based 99% around having a group of people playing with each other, anything that gets in the way of that is a failure by design.

I think we're well beyond getting people back. At this point WoW is in it's expand when an expansion releases and bleed out phase. I figure it'll be like that for a couple more cycles and then once the population dips to like 2 or 3 million it'll hold around those numbers. Attunements in Warcraft now would just frustrate a playerbase who already gets mad at timesinks. We bitch about timesinks in an MMO... Step back for a second and ponder that one. I think we all need to come to terms with the fact that many of us don't like the genre anymore or we don't have time and instead of letting new players/younger players take our place we demanded Blizzard change the game for us.
    Both yes and no here.
    Getting people back that just play for a few weeks/months every patch is probably quite important.
    I'm not tlaking about people that left years agao but the ones that leave and come back all the time. Making things harder for these people while not really adding anything for the people that play all the time would not help the game in any way.

Who would benefit from having attunements? What would be the point? Adding more content is a great idea, adding more barriers is not.
    I don't think timesinks is the issue here.