Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    That was my thinking, too. Now that I finished the season.... holy shit it was good the last 5 episodes or so.

The ending especially. Can't wait for the next season, shit is getting real.
    Nice, last thing I saw was the episode when they were in the bomb shelter under the WH, Frank was like, "I'm not important, let me the fuck out!" and Claire was like "listen to the man, he ain't important no more, let him the fuck out!" I lol'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    So will he kill Claire in Season 6 do we think or was it just an idle threat?

15+ Year Old Account
    One of them is going to die in season 6, I hope it's Claire, she's a cunt! I'm also very happy that Tom the fucking depressive writer finally died. I lol'd when Frank said to him "Tom, don't cheat on my wife" - it was a really good quote. Or did he say "stop cheating on my wife"? Not sure. It was good anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished. Loved seeing the Underwoods vs everyone. Like GoTs but less factions in a modern era.

Writing and editing were spot on the way the wove present themes into the narrative. 2nd favorite season.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Thinking back on it after finishing it keeps getting worse IMO.

He just pushed her down the stairs, that didn't cause anyone to raise an eyebrow? What was Conway's secret? After the entirety of the series was building up Frank getting the WH he just leaves it to go to the private sector to control from two sides? Things being built up as a big event, then ended without much fanfare, like the episode where he wins Ohio just starting out as that. I enjoyed large parts of it, but a number of very ridiculous things combined with characters acting very out of character was enough to make me dislike it the more I thought about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    You can't be serious netflix is like the most consumer friendly company in the world. We need to support that not pirate it.
    They're fine with you sharing an account
    They believe in net neutrality and activley support it, even participating in protests for it (remember slow loading day)
    They produce shows all the time that consistently rank highly vs network tv.
    They revive old beloved shows (mystery science theater 3000 anyone?)
    AND it costs less than an mmo at 9.99
    Consumer friendly my ass. Shows that are on US Netflix wont show up on EU Netflix,
    netflix doesnt allow to vp them anymore so as long as they geoblock I happy pirate instead of
    wasting my money on them.

@Topic: great season cant wait for s6. love how ... broke the fourth wall this season
    And yes one of them dies in the final season

15+ Year Old Account
    I really wonder what are Mark's and Jane's agenda. Is Mark on Frank's side or Claire's? And the same for Jane. Or are they against both Underwoods? Conway's secret is an interesting mystery, too. Also if Cathy survives that push by Frank... I wonder what will come of that....
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its like Breaking Bad. At first youre rooting for the villian, watching them a badass and all of that. Then you see them become sick with power and want someone to bring them down. At least thats how I watched Breaking Bad.

I think Frank will have Claire assassinated or make her his puppet. She doesn't cover her tracks as well as him and he knows it. She also has a tiny bit of humanity, which is why they wanted her in the office anyway.

Other theory is that she is going to nuke something. There was a lot of emphasis on her getting the codes and her going through the "football", the nuclear briefcase.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also think Claire is going to fuck with Jane during the next season....why? Because it's House of Cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your initials are missing a C and a T, ah the amusing one liners.

Half way through will slowly watch it to many things to watch so little time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Yeah I don't think Claire is making it out alive next season. Honestly, I thought she was going to get killed at the end somehow
    Either Frank kills her or we see Frank's House of Cards fall around him. Claire has always been the more naive and malleable of the two. She is a rich girl who married a snake that influenced her, where Frank is the snake that worked his way to the top.

I went to reddit and seems like hating the season is cool. I've noted the same things they did about the season but they weren't deal breakers to me. The only thing that did happen that I though was going to happen was the Underwoods placing a pawn within the Supreme Court.

Some people take issue with Frank resigning but remember his goal was never the presidency. He saw the presidency as a prestigious title but not one of much power, he wanted to be Secretary of State. He ran for President out of spite.

One inconsistency I will agree with it is his influence within the private sector. Frank is a career politician who didn't come from much. He doesn't have private sector credentials as far as we know. But we have seen him mingle with the backroom deals (like the retreat in the woods) a few times throughout the show so maybe he plans to play from that field.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think most likely both of the Underwoods go down... but which one first....

Conway clearly has PTSD, which you wouldn't want your president to have, but I kinda have a feeling he flew into a hot spot he wasn't suppose to and lit up some civies before landing to complete the rescue. Something as innocent as ICO using civilians as shields and Conway saying Fuck It and doing what needed to be done to get his people out... then later learns it was a school or a church and there were future terrorist kids in there.

The last few episodes were much better than the front half of the season. Just when it started to get really good... poof.

I love Franks 4th wall chats. Always the best parts.

And... poor Romero. Eviscerated by Frank.

I think most likely both of the Underwoods go down... but which one first....
    do you want me to spoil you the ending of the UK original version (which only had 3 seasons)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hell this season was hot garbage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    do you want me to spoil you the ending of the UK original version (which only had 3 seasons)?
    No thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Fucking hell this season was hot garbage.
    How so?

I thought the first half was bad, but the second half was excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the first half was bad, but the second half was excellent.
    Writing just became juvenile at this point. It doesn't go anywhere and every single plot point and secondary character is redundant.
    All the new advisor characters being immersely powerful for no reason other than "hurr durr we shadow organization", when all they do is state the next current events to either Frank or Claire.
    The entire "I planned this all along" was just bad.
    Conway plotline became a complete waste of opportunity.
    Frank being more edgy than usual, with the gay guy and Durant.
    The journalism plotline taking half the show's time when it's been done in all seasons, it just was never as boring as this one.
    Claire fucking Frank.
    "My turn".
    Yates' character.
    Shitting on Doug.
    All the powerful leverage on Frank, and NEVER does anyone use it, for reasons.
    The Antarctica/Russia plotline that didn't go anywhere.
    The hacker dude plotline that was just immensely blegh.

Just off the top of my head.

At least Frank had some decent speeches.

Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-06-05 at 09:59 PM.

This show has become a stinking piece of garbage, a complete waste a time. It keeps repeating itself without going anywhere. Underwoods are untouchable, personally outsmarting everyone and everything. Committing multiple murders, even Claire, Doug killing people. Rigging the elections, playing the newspaper investigation and whatnot. As a president Frank even finds the time to personally monitor his entire personnel. And nobody able to do anything about them of course. People around them keep dying and disappearing conveniently and it doesn't even ring a bell to anyone.

Oh, there's no question, the show is on its face beyond ridiculous in its setups; having a spouse as your Vice President? Not even Trump would pull that. As for politicians literally getting away with murder? Well...let's just say that a certain real life political couple have made me much more accepting of the idea that politicians can get away with almost anything and walk away clean. That said, if you're going to watch HoC, then you're going to just have to roll with a fair amount of ridiculousness.

What I want to know is who Frank and Claire are talking to when they break the fourth wall - because it's clear that they are talking to someone or something in particular. Usher even gets on it it with his inaugural wave. I don't think it's just meta winking at the camera, because a passive audience cannot have "intentions," as Claire was saying. Are they supposed to be like Deadpool, aware that they are fictional characters in a TV show?
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2017-06-08 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Oh, there's no question, the show is on its face beyond ridiculous in its setups; having a spouse as your Vice President? Not even Trump would pull that. As for politicians literally getting away with murder? Well...let's just say that a certain real life political couple have made me much more accepting of the idea that politicians can get away with almost anything and walk away clean. That said, if you're going to watch HoC, then you're going to just have to roll with a fair amount of ridiculousness.
    I also find it entertaining that they are democrats. Most of the perceived political bullshit is almost always directed at or made to appear to come from the republicans (which we know is pure false), and the Underwood's are basically the Clinton's lock, stock and pilot. Just more entertaining.