Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    X-2 is a really fun game. Lot of folks lost their shit over the j-pop idol stuff and expected another world ending, melancholy post 7 sadness road trip but its a nice story about how the worlds moved on and Yuna needs to learn to move on with it. Plus the dressphere system is really cool with lots of hidden jobs and side content. Story is hit or miss but it feels like the world has moved on unlike other attempts to do an after story like advent children that felt like a 'it happened... again?' excuse for flashy fan service.

Hard to believe it came from the people that would go on to make 13.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    X-2 is a really fun game. Lot of folks lost their shit over the j-pop idol stuff and expected another world ending, melancholy post 7 sadness road trip but its a nice story about how the worlds moved on and Yuna needs to learn to move on with it. Plus the dressphere system is really cool with lots of hidden jobs and side content. Story is hit or miss but it feels like the world has moved on unlike other attempts to do an after story like advent children that felt like a 'it happened... again?' excuse for flashy fan service.

Hard to believe it came from the people that would go on to make 13.
    Cool, Ya I think ill finally give it a fair shake. Will do a FFX run first tho and watch that claim video after. I do own the remaster on PS4 but I barely play my PS4 atm and I never got around to playing it.

Mainly been on my vita, so I figured why not. Only paided $14 for the vita version
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Anyone played Destiny of Spirits? This game was easily one of my favorite of all time(On any console), still to this day im trying to find a game close to it

Logres on mobile is okay-ish for now but if anyone have suggestion and was fan of DoS let me know!

The game got shut down for no reason sadly.
    Last edited by gaz770; 2017-06-05 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    Anyone played Destiny of Spirits? This game was easily one of my favorite of all time(On any console), still to this day im trying to find a game close to it

Logres on mobile is okay-ish for now but if anyone have suggestion and was fan of DoS let me know!

The game got shut down for no reason sadly.
    I played a little bit of it but it wasn't my cup of tea.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Picked up a few digital vita games in the new sale and really digging Soul Sacrifice. Its basically Monster Hunter with a semi serious horror tone. Like Folkore meets Shadow Man. Really interesting worldbuilding too. For example an early enemy is 'goblins' but they are basically ratkings taking human form with each enemy being a meaty story about its origins. Orcs are cats so greedy they learnt the most satisfying meat is the flesh of their loving human masters. Its dark and feels interesting while i found Toukiden fun but its tone a bit bland overall. Right now its around 5 or 6 pounds and totally worth that.

Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-06-12 at 04:57 PM.

Picked up a few digital vita games in the new sale and really digging Soul Sacrifice. Its basically Monster Hunter with a semi serious horror tone. Like Folkore meets Shadow Man. Really interesting worldbuilding too. For example an early enemy is 'goblins' but they are basically ratkings taking human form with each enemy being a meaty story about its origins. Orcs are cats so greedy they learnt the most satisfying meat is the flesh of their loving human masters. Its dark and feels interesting while i found Toukiden fun but its tone a bit bland overall. Right now its around 5 or 6 pounds and totally worth that.
    Played a small bit of SS (I think it mite have been a demo) and it was quite cool.

I just grabbed a crap ton of vita games.

1) Senran Kagura Estival Versus
    2) Megatagmension Blanc+Neptune Vs zombies
    3) Terraria
    4) Shantae Half Genie Hero

The Shantae and Senran games was the collector ones with goodies (Senran was on sell). OMG is Senran fan service as hell, I didn't know anything about the series.

Its also fucked up in a few way's lol. Still trying to grab a copy of Corpse Party but the CE version without paying a arm and a leg.

Also finally got around to playing Hotline Miami 2

Don't know anything about the Neptune games but it was on sell cheap so I figured I would give it a go.

Also got the Persona 4 Dancing All Night CE coming today and got it for under MSRP.

Just picked up Soul Sacrifice, Without spoilers how is the story?

I only played a little bit of the demo, Going to try to get a English hard copy of SS Delta at some point.

Deleted
    Picked up Dragon Quest Builders in the last Sale, I really love it. At first it just looks like your typical Minecraft-Knockoff, but it plays quite differently. While Minecraft is all about freedom and doing your own thing, DQB has a lot of guidance. You unlock everything step-by-step, via quests and objectives. It may seem slow, and a bit like hand-holding for a Minecraft player, but I really preferred it. I slowly get introduced to all the stuff that I can build / Do /need to do, and not get overrun with everything at once.

And the visuals are very charming and cute , as are the NPCs and the Dialogues. It feels a lot like Dragon Quest in that way. It takes about ~40-45Hours to beat the campaign, but there is also Free play Mode(Called Terra Incognita). Progressing in the Campaign unlocks Island in your Terra Incognita, so better first beat the campaign, then go there.

If you look for a relaxing builder&crafting game with a fair share of RPG, give this one a try. It looks really good on the Vita, the controls are tight and intuitive. A Minor Nit-Pick is the Background Music - it is just one track, and that gets old rather fast. So have your favourite Music at hand ;-).
    Last edited by mmoc78e9842c0f; 2017-07-21 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Picked up Dragon Quest Builders in the last Sale, I really love it.
    Its funny you post this because I just got it as well. Didn't get it from the sell tho I ordered a Physical english copy off ebay. Dragon Quewst Builder's looks so good, its amazing how close to the PS4 version it looks.

Also got a Physical copy for Shovel Knight for vita and finally getting to play that.

Salt and sanctuary is $8 on the store right now if anyone is interested. If u like souls games you may like this. Buying it gets u both the vita and ps4 version.

I have come to notice there was a lot of vita official Physical English copy's of games released in the EU but not in the US.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-07-21 at 03:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its funny you post this because I just got it as well. Didn't get it from the sell tho I ordered a Physical english copy off ebay. Dragon Quewst Builder's looks so good, its amazing how close to the PS4 version it looks.

Also got a Physical copy for Shovel Knight for vita and finally getting to play that.

Salt and sanctuary is $8 on the store right now if anyone is interested. If u like souls games you may like this. Buying it gets u both the vita and ps4 version.
    Ah, consider me jealous ;-). They are really expensive on ebay/amazon in Europe, like 60 Bucks PLUS Shipping (imports from Japan mostly). The PS4 Disc is 15 bucks directly from Amazon, no shipping fee o_o. But a Game like this just has to be played on a handheld. If there is a sequel, I hope it will be on the Switch as well.

Love how he looks like a mix of goku and link :-D (altough the face reminds me more of a young bulma)

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Ah, consider me jealous ;-). They are really expensive on ebay/amazon in Europe, like 60 Bucks PLUS Shipping (imports from Japan mostly). The PS4 Disc is 15 bucks directly from Amazon, no shipping fee o_o. But a Game like this just has to be played on a handheld. If there is a sequel, I hope it will be on the Switch as well.

Love how he looks like a mix of goku and link :-D (altough the face reminds me more of a young bulma)
    Ya I browse ebay from time to time and there was a US seller with the English version for $40

This is how the English version looks.

Local store near me had a brand-new copy of shovel knight Physical and I bough it for $45. It seems to retail for $50+. Awesome game finally got to play it.

Decided if I can get it on my vita over my ps4 I will since I like playing my vita more just because its a handheld.

I've got it on PS4 as a digital download and its a shame its not cross buy but its a fantastic game. Especially since its a what if? bed end sequel to Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest 1 on the NES and Gameboy Colour.

If you like the world of cantlin i would really, really recommend getting a rom of the GBC version of 1,2 and 3 as a collection. It was never reprinted or put up digitally and its a fantastic but very short jrpg series but one thing i love is unlike FF they are up to that point directly connected so you can go to a ruin that you rebuild in builders in one of them and in another its actually a fully functioning, lived in town.

I really loved as a kid playing a new game where the world map is identical but time has passed compared to things like Fable 2 where some names are the same but nothing else is recognisable.

They are super short and take a few hours to beat nowadays but totally worth it if you want more of this world.

-and Dragon warrior monsters which is to pokemon as this is to minecraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Local store near me had a brand-new copy of shovel knight Physical and I bough it for $45. It seems to retail for $50+. Awesome game finally got to play it.

Decided if I can get it on my vita over my ps4 I will since I like playing my vita more just because its a handheld.
    I bought the digital version of ps4, since release its had all the dlc free, got upgraded to treasure trove edition and had vita cross buy so i have it installed on both home console and handheld and can share saves between. Yacht Club did an amazing job on that game.

I bought the digital version of ps4, since release its had all the dlc free, got upgraded to treasure trove edition and had vita cross buy so i have it installed on both home console and handheld and can share saves between. Yacht Club did an amazing job on that game.
    Ya the game is amazing and Yacht has done a great job, I may get a new PS4 copy at some point just to support them more. The vita has gotten all the DLC as well and the only thing it won't get is the MP.

Picked up a few things in the Summer Sale i've been sitting on and just got to playing and hands down Freedom Wars has been the most fun

At first glance it is one of half a dozen Monster Hunter clones on the vita but unlike something like God Eater or Soul Sacrifice where the gimmick is 'it has a crap story' it really does have an interesting hook this time: Your nation is a prison and everyone is born guilty. With a 1 million year sentence.

How do you get years off your sentence? hunting the bioorganic machine lifeforms that serve as the games huntable monsters. You kill them and keep your city or Panopticon safe and your sentence is reduced. BUT theres a catch, the entire lifestyle of the city-prison is rigged. Take more than 5 steps? thats 10 years on your sentence. Run without permission? 25 years on your sentence. Talk to the opposite sex? 100 years on your sentence. But as you progress you can remove these laws and become more 'free' as you progress.

Combats a little more fluid than most monhun clones, you have a melee weapon but also a range of guns you swap between on the up and down d pad buttons. Shooting is a lot more like peace walker than the really janky kind found in monster monhun style games and on the whole it was £6 well spent.

I still love my PS Vita to this day, but that's mostly because I'm big on portable JRPGs. It's too bad support for it waned in Western markets, but at least the Japanese still promote the platform.

Vita means life*

*as long as its weebshit.

Vita means life*

*as long as its weebshit.
    LOL and ya Freedom Wars is great.

Still trying to get a copy of Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Ever After Edition without spending a ton.

My collection has now grown to 32 physical games. Recent ones I got are...

1) Gravity Rush.
    2) Unit 12.
    3) Conception II.
    4) Bard's Gold (Limited Run Games release).
    5) Child of Light (Last checked Vita is the only one with a Physical release of this).
    6) Toukiden 2( Awesome MH style game and was on sell for $2).
    7) Touch my Katamari.
    8) Dariusburst CD "Chronicle Saviours" (Limited Run Games release).
    9) Soul Sacrifice.
    Here soon ill have a Physical copy of Plague Road and Oceanhorn via Limited Run Games. I love my vita

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    I still love my PS Vita to this day, but that's mostly because I'm big on portable JRPGs. It's too bad support for it waned in Western markets, but at least the Japanese still promote the platform.
    Ya its sad, I hope we get a vita 2 at some point but I don't see it happening.

realized 2 things.

1. I'm definitely not otome games target audience.
    2. x-com on vita is actualy super fun, once you get used to slightly fiddly controls when it comes to directing your units, though i suspect, this may only be fiddly for me due to previously having played with mouse and keyboard on pc. (humble bundle has a bundle out right now with xcom enemy unknown in their 1 dollar section)

P.S. I can NOT for the life of me figure out exctly how to control civilization on ps vita. you'd think with mostly touch controls it would be easy.. but it's not. not to me

Yeah i got my regular copy of Blood Drive and i'm happy with it. Currently playing through the visual novel sequel between CP and BD and while its barely a game its really entertaining when the characters start to notice the twist.

Also i cannot recommend avoiding oceanhorn enough. I got it on the Switch and it was easily the worst game i've played in 2017.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm definitely not otome games target audience.
    I was surprised that there is a huge fujoshi audience for otome games on vita. Search for vita on youtube and interspersed with the usual games are the stereotypical "i read black butler for the shipping xD" crowd that are crazy about those otome games. Its funny but its not what im remotely into so naturally id never look into it myself but i can't think of another console that has a sizeable enough fujoshi audience to be noticeable as its own sub culture of a hardware fanbase.

Yeah i got my regular copy of Blood Drive and i'm happy with it. Currently playing through the visual novel sequel between CP and BD and while its barely a game its really entertaining when the characters start to notice the twist.

Also i cannot recommend avoiding oceanhorn enough. I got it on the Switch and it was easily the worst game i've played in 2017.

- - - Updated - - -

I was surprised that there is a huge fujoshi audience for otome games on vita. Search for vita on youtube and interspersed with the usual games are the stereotypical "i read black butler for the shipping xD" crowd that are crazy about those otome games. Its funny but its not what im remotely into so naturally id never look into it myself but i can't think of another console that has a sizeable enough fujoshi audience to be noticeable as its own sub culture of a hardware fanbase.
    oh I do not doubt it. i just.. kept trying to play the two games i got via ps Plus, one of which came highly recommended by a friend and just... i can't. they alternately cheese me out and bore me. on a plus side - look at all the space on my memory card that I have now