Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Its one thing to refuse to speak English, its another to hijack team and voice chat with your own language. Not all, but the majority of Russians do this. You should be able to filter their servers out imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    If you are so socially awkward that it prevents you from clicking "add friend" in an online game, then the issue is not the language, the issue is you.
    I'm providing solutions to your problem and you are all like "yada yada nah i can't do that", just showing that the problem lies with you and solely with you
    You want everyone and everything to adapt to you, just because you don't want to easily solve a "problem" with the ways that are on hand.

You want to queue solely? fine? you don't want to add friends in online games? fine. But please stop yapping about the issues you are creating for yourself that way. The world does nto revolve around you, you have to adapt to the world.
    This discussion is pointless until you face the fact that the majority of players either solo or duo queue in Overwatch and similar games. Even MMO's are largely played as a single-player experience by most. So really, it's not just about me, which you're again and again trying to make it out to be.

I'm more than socially awkward, I'm completely and utterly unable to socialize with people, I can't even use my microphone to speak to strangers, and that is indeed my own problem that I have to live with.

You tell me to adapt to the world, which makes me have to remind you yet again, that English is the most wide-spoken language in Europe, and as such, to follow your own advice, people should adapt and speak that very language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    This discussion is pointless until you face the fact that the majority of players either solo or duo queue in Overwatch and similar games. Even MMO's are largely played as a single-player experience by most. So really, it's not just about me, which you're again and again trying to make it out to be.
    Source on this? Sound like utter bullshit. Also i am not trying to make it about you, you are doing that yourself.

I'm more than socially awkward, I'm completely and utterly unable to socialize with people, I can't even use my microphone to speak to strangers, and that is indeed my own problem that I have to live with.
    Exactly, step one is recognition, now step 2 is getting different.

You tell me to adapt to the world, which makes me have to remind you yet again, that English is the most wide-spoken language in Europe, and as such, to follow your own advice, people should adapt and speak that very language.
    Let me remind you, that Europe consists of more than Western Europe. Heck, even in western Europe you have Germany where most people only speak German, and France where most people only speak French. But in Eastern Europe, people who speak proper English are few and far between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I'm not going to lie and say my interactions with Russian's have always been awesome, I would say that it typically is just an easy scapegoat for people much like blaming the attack Bastion or w/e for a loss. I have see a lot of Russian's with a don't give a fuck type of attitude though, which isn't necessarily a negitive. With all the current intrigue surrounding Russia, I wouldn't be surprised if even more people are quick to blame them in other areas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Hah, what games REQUIRE you speak english? There're none, it's just your own assumption.

Well, I don't. So what?
    English is the common language of the world now. It's not required at all but its spoken by so many people it's common courtesy to use it instead of expecting everyone to know each countries native language.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    English is the common language of the world now. It's not required at all but its spoken by so many people it's common courtesy to use it instead of expecting everyone to know each countries native language.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=Minnesnowta

Consider yourself educated.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? I wasn't pointing out the word itself, I was pointing at the fact that you're from US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MADCATX View Post
    I'm from Russia and haven't seen any hate on me or my teammates, my nickname is in English, so noone knows that we are from Russia.
    I'm not bad at games either (I've killed mythic guldan in WoW with 3 days a week raids, this is different game, but it can indicate that I'm not a noob) and not hacking anyone (I work for USA citizens at my job, and writing some addons for WoW as a hobby when time allows me).
    But I've seen many toxic players from Russia in the past, mostly in Dota, this are the kids that don't speak english and don't want to learn it.
    You probably also communicate in english with your teammates. I think the biggest reason for the "hate" is that way too often russian players just don't do that. I've actually heard a russian dude (on EU server) start bashing USA when asked to speak english with rest of the team when he was just spamming russian in text chat even thought he was the only russia in the team. What the heck does that even have to do with speaking english with european people...

Also, I think "trolling" is also more common among russian players. Too often when I've had someone trolling with attack Torbjörns and crap like that in my team, when asked to stop it and switch, they answer with a very strong russian accent in voice that saying more or less "fuck you I no troll".

- - - Updated - - -

So you've played onlinine games for 19 years and in all that time haven't found some online friends to group with and speak English?
    You must be some sour man if noone wants to play with you...
    He's 30. People he play with probably have families, jobs and other shit like that already. I know because I'm his age and that's what has happened to me and my friends. It's next to impossible to get to play with "old" group anymore. That's life.

You'll get it once you grow up too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post

He's 30. People he play with probably have families, jobs and other shit like that already. I know because I'm his age and that's what has happened to me and my friends. It's next to impossible to get to play with "old" group anymore. That's life.

You'll get it once you grow up too.
    30.... you are still a kid man, go play somewhere else.

Deleted
    30.... you are still a kid man, go play somewhere else.
    Surprisingly enough, that was actually one of your more informative posts on this forum. And that's not much.

Deleted
    For the most part Russians don't speak or choose not to communicate in English and the vocal ones. Well let's just say they are extremely vocal and holy hell do they get angry i absolutely love it when you get two or three Russians they all speak English. Slowly get more and more pissed switches to Russian where they just have the loveliest chat ever.

They also got a shitty reputation from Dota 2 and CS GO i would believe they will calm down in a few years. Think online gaming is quite new over there? Good thing is that the Russian language is absolutely beautiful and i love hearing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Surprisingly enough, that was actually one of your more informative posts on this forum. And that's not much.
    Coming from a troll with a post history like yours...
    Ah well another for the ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Just the usual stereotypical racism or whatever you wanna call it.

Sure, some don't speak english, so what? I've met a lot more germans who not just speak german in party chat, they whisper you in german as well, like wtf? But working at a hotel reception, that's normal, Italians and Germans are usually the ones who just assume you speak their language, while I've never met a russian who just assumes you speak russian (and I'm from a slavic country).

What's also incredibly funny is when you face a russian team that you can see is playing very good, but ofc everyone on your side just keep yelling that they are russians so they're hacking and that's why they are winning ... typical western philosophy, if they are better than you at something, you just accuse them of not being fair, nothing new to see here really.
    And russians arent a race for the 500th time-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Frankly russian wow pvp premades are feared by "western" players. Oh well i guess.

I personally haven't noticed any hostility towards me... from anyone but russians. It's so freaking funny to hear someone with bad english pronunciation and strong russian accent yelling insults in voice chat and saying stuff like "fuck these russians"

- - - Updated - - -

If that would be the case (80% loss rate because of Cyrillic in someones name) - there wouldn't be any players with Cyrillic name with win rate over 20%, isn't it?

Every time someone brings up a "they can't even speak english!" argument i die a bit inside - you don't need to know english to communicate in a video game, you need to know basic words and use a freaking chat wheel. I've been in numerous games where communication simply didn't existed - not because of language barrier but because of people not giving any shits. But when shit hit the fan - everyone starts to bring up their favorite excuses:
    "oh just look at our core he has no farm", "oh we have a russian in our team we can't win", "omfg you fed FB to TB it's over lol afk", "no ss noobs", etc.

Also, fun thing, i play dota only on Russia servers and i still get people from western europe and they blame russians for, well, everything, including "not talking in english". Fuck, 9 out of 10 players are russian and you expect them to talk in english:? Like seriously?

Also - a russian detector for all of you: "Hey team) let's do it! Lol)"
    Yea has nothing to do with latency and russians with cryllic names lagging all over the place. Good that your ruskie premades beat pugs from all around the EU with different languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Thats no hate go play a F2P game with serbs and cros and let the shitshow begin.

Deleted
    1. Lack of communication.

Lot of East Europeans can't speak english. Sometimes not even a tiny bit for basic communications.

2. Bad background

Ever seen sites from the deep web for example where you get hacking tools and so on? 98% cyrillic.

3. Different playstyle

Russian mostly use their own sites. For example in Hearthstone you see some wierd decks from russians the whole time. I know some russians and they spent their day on russian sites, even though they live in germany and speak english fluently. They don't go with the mass (good or bad, you decide).

4. French lol

Pretty much the same as above and really bad at any game, at least the mass. I've experienced this in so many games it's hard not to move with this point. Not only russians have to live with this. But both share one thing that is important in international multiplayer games, the lack of cummincation because they mostly only speak their own language.

15+ Year Old Account
    What? I wasn't pointing out the word itself, I was pointing at the fact that you're from US.
    My apologies. Point taken.

I worked for Oracle for 10 years possibly one of the more diverse companies in the world. The common language when communicating with users/customers in Russia, Czech, Poland, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Africa, India, etc, etc was English.

I've been playing games since the early 80's and was on the internet already in 91. I interacted with many hackers and code monkeys at that time in various countries and we used English almost 25 years ago. I think players think they are superior when they can talk among each other and no one can understand them but really it's just being immature.

My apologies. Point taken.

I worked for Oracle for 10 years possibly one of the more diverse companies in the world. The common language when communicating with users/customers in Russia, Czech, Poland, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Africa, India, etc, etc was English.

I've been playing games since the early 80's and was on the internet already in 91. I interacted with many hackers and code monkeys at that time in various countries and we used English almost 25 years ago. I think players think they are superior when they can talk among each other and no one can understand them but really it's just being immature.
    You can't really compare some countries to each other tho. English is not required at all to live your life in Russia (or lets rather say all CIS countries), China, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan, etc. These countries are very self efficient in terms of media products or just communication in general. But if you're for example Norwegian with something like 5mil population then you can't really do much in the internet with just your mother language.

You said that communication was done in English, but it's not really because English being a more common language (which I'm not denying at all), but because it's just easier for the company. Also you can easily access native language support in most big companies right now, 99% of gaming companies included.
    You're not required to know English while playing Overwatch (or Dota (which has a VERY GOOD wheel command system, but its another story), or whatever) because you're playing a game in your own language with all characters voiced and support speaking your language too.

I think it's because when someone talks shit in a language I can't understand It's mostly russian. Most flames are in english but somehow they aren't that notably since I can understand them. So the few russian flames are stuck more in the head, than english ones. Also a big part of the gaming community is russian and since we only hate russians that scream in russian (and everything else we don't understand from eastern europe is automatically russian, too) we don't recognize the english speaking ones as russians. (that sounds a bit stupid)

But hating russians in general just for being russian is as stupid as hating 12 years old for being 12 years old. Every person I meet has it's own chance to earn my hate. (and since my memory is bad, this chance resets every match)

Russians are being known for not being able to use English, and if he is on your team he will not be able to help you if he do not understand you.

OP if you and your friend are not horrible and understand English, just don't say from where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by MADCATX View Post
    I'm from Russia and haven't seen any hate on me or my teammates, my nickname is in English, so noone knows that we are from Russia.
    I'm not bad at games either (I've killed mythic guldan in WoW with 3 days a week raids, this is different game, but it can indicate that I'm not a noob) and not hacking anyone (I work for USA citizens at my job, and writing some addons for WoW as a hobby when time allows me).
    But I've seen many toxic players from Russia in the past, mostly in Dota, this are the kids that don't speak english and don't want to learn it.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.