Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceOmikron View Post
    They're still good games, and the story was vastly improved over X&Y.
    I actually thought Sun/Moon were probably the best, or at least very close (SS/HG the best if not SM). The story was the best at the very least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    That's what we said when we heard about BW2. "Oh, it's just going to be the same rehashed region with some tweaks and a small story that ties up loose ends, their milking the franchise!" That said, I'm going to reserve my judgement until I see more information. They have to keep a hype train going for the next five months after all, they're not going to release all the info at once.
    Did we? Because I remember it being packaged as a sequel and taking it as such. I'm pretty sure they even said it took place 2 years later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Is that different than a standard American City mile?
    Yes.
    They're still good games, and the story was vastly improved over X&Y.
    Oh boy, a story in my childrens collec-a-thon. Wake me up when it has decent gameplay again.

Indeed, I really liked Sun/Moon. Honestly, purely in terms of the gameplay, I don't think there's ever truly been a bad mainline pokemon game. You could pick up any game in the series and still have fun with it.

The stories tend to fluctuate a bit more. Personally, I think the best story in all of pokemon is B&W (Though sadly I haven't played B&W2). Sun and Moon is a very strong second place, definitely a huge breath of fresh air after X&Y. It could have been better than B&W, but it kinda fell short a bit. A few key opportunities were not capitalized upon. Hopefully these sequels give them another chance to do so.

Wake me up when it has decent gameplay again
    What game DID have decent gameplay?

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not. But here, come here. No, its ok, come here...

(Psst...the gameplay of Pokemon has been almost the same the entire time.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    What game DID have decent gameplay?

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not. But here, come here. No, its ok, come here...

(Psst...the gameplay of Pokemon has been almost the same the entire time.)
    They were also harder, had better pokemon, had a better region, had better music. Sun and moon were the first games I forgot to finish and then had to force myself to go back and finish. I've never been more bored aside from uncharted on vita.

Oh boy. Yes those older games had all the best pokemon.

Like the one that was just a mime.
    Or the one that was a pile of eggs
    Or the one that was just a palm tree
    Or the one that was just a magnet
    Or the one that was just three magnets
    Or the one that was just a pokeball
    Or the one that was just a group of vines with stupid shoes on it
    Or the one that was just a pink blob.

Every generation had stupid pokemon. The only one that was actually hard was probably the first one due to how glitchy it was. And then MAYBE Red from G/S. The Alolan Region is fine.

And then the music. The music in Sun and Moon was absolutely fucking amazing.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-06 at 11:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    That's what we said when we heard about BW2. "Oh, it's just going to be the same rehashed region with some tweaks and a small story that ties up loose ends, their milking the franchise!" That said, I'm going to reserve my judgement until I see more information. They have to keep a hype train going for the next five months after all, they're not going to release all the info at once.
    the problem with that is its not a sequel its just the third version just split up or more a "what if"

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    the problem with that is its not a sequel its just the third version just split up or more a "what if"
    What are you basing that on? Don't we basically have no info?

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy. Yes those older games had all the best pokemon.

Like the one that was just a mime.
    Or the one that was a pile of eggs
    Or the one that was just a palm tree
    Or the one that was just a magnet
    Or the one that was just three magnets
    Or the one that was just a pokeball
    Or the one that was just a group of vines with stupid shoes on it
    Or the one that was just a pink blob.

Every generation had stupid pokemon.
    Daz coo, but all gen 1-6 were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Daz coo, but all gen 1-6 were great.
    Oh ok I see now. I knew there was a reason I ignored you. Silly me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok I see now. I knew there was a reason I ignored you. Silly me.
    Cause you hate being proven wrong and you think I was just some genwunner? Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not that hooked on nostalgia.

7+ Year Old Account
    What are you basing that on? Don't we basically have no info?
    They said alternate story to Pokémon Sun and Moon, but not exactly what that means. All that means is that the story won't be the same. Could still be a sequel, which is itself actually a different story.

On a side note there are rumors spreading that custom trainers might not be in this

15+ Year Old Account
    They said alternate story to Pokémon Sun and Moon, but not exactly what that means. All that means is that the story won't be the same. Could still be a sequel, which is itself actually a different story.

On a side note there are rumors spreading that custom trainers might not be in this
    I don't think it's a sequel because it's the same trainer.

They said alternate story to Pokémon Sun and Moon, but not exactly what that means.
    Yup. "Sequel" and "Alternate Story" have very different connotations.

Hmm, interesting. I'm curious.

What's that supposed to mean?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yup. "Sequel" and "Alternate Story" have very different connotations.
    If anything they are bieing really vague about this.

If anything they are bieing really vague about this.
    If it was a sequel they would have called it a sequel but they didn't. They are not being vague it's literally not a sequel, it's an alternate presentation to the current story which is dumb. For people who already played the game it's the same "team skull not the bad guys, crazy chick merges with an ultra beast" but this time SHE MERGES WITH A DIFFERENT ULTRA BEAST and maybe SHE HAS A WIGGLYTUFF INSTEAD OF A CLEFABLE

see how alternate works? Oh and they give necrozma a purpose instead of throwing him into a patch of grass and there are pikachus running around in the first cutscene instead of not!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Yeah, this while Ultra Sun/Moon nonsense is just Gamefreak/Nintendo being lazy and trying to milk more money out of their consumers because they didn't have any better ideas for a Pokemon game this year.

Thinking otherwise shows a lack of critical thinking skills.

the fact that pokken was over half the direct long and that all we got was a 15 sec clip pretty much just screams "hey ultra sun and moon are just minor updates"

might as well sell it as dlc

- - - Updated - - -

oh what if they change battle royals to not be ass and not end the second someone loses all their pokemon?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yeah, this while Ultra Sun/Moon nonsense is just Gamefreak/Nintendo being lazy and trying to milk more money out of their consumers because they didn't have any better ideas for a Pokemon game this year.

Thinking otherwise shows a lack of critical thinking skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    the fact that pokken was over half the direct long and that all we got was a 15 sec clip pretty much just screams "hey ultra sun and moon are just minor updates"

might as well sell it as dlc
    Whoa guys you gotta be more positive. Maybe they'll change the grass to not be more than half of boring as fuck kanto pokemans.