Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    If this was disappointing to you...I truly hope you never face any true disappointment in your lives.

Are you people really this miserable?...if so then I pity you.

OT...had alot of fun with this....having alot of fun with everything in Legion.

Sure, there are some things that do not excite me, so I move past them and do the dozens of things that DO excite me.

You guys should try it.
    If this is the best fun you have ever had then you must live the most boring life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    Was anybody else thoroughly disappointed with the "campaign" of the broken shore which ended up being a list of chores that a parent would give a child if anything. They did not make use of any phasing technology to show the "advancement" of the legionfall army or any progression really on progressing on the tomb. They had a lot of potential only to piss it away. imo the best daily hub thing they have done was Quel'Danas and probably will always be Quel'Danas > Isle of thunder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broken Shore.

Thoughts?
    Yeah I mean, It's nothing else but a playground with little to do In, actually correction. There's plenty to do, assuming you just want to kill 100 demons for no reason. Fanboys will call that content I call that boooooring.

They've failed to make an Interesting "Quest Island" so to speak like Quel'danas was, not only did It give respite from all the green fel burning locations we got used to In TBC, but gave a bunch of Interesting lore, new characters to meet and ofcourse we were at the Sunwell.

I care less so about the Tomb of Sargeras, especially with a Alternative timeline Gul'dan for some bloody reason ohgodwhy and the pointless cutscene we got at the start of 7.2 where we destroy the gates of the tomb and then.... wait like 2 months to enter It for some reason.

There are no treasures to speak of, there's nothing Interesting to find at least, Nethershards, a few resources and a ring of highborne sex appeal? Yeeeah... great.

Let me just compare that to Vanilla WoW for a second, I know people are tired of the comparisons but just listen. If you're lucky, and I mean lucky lucky and not just "Go here, get treasure 100 % guaranteed" you'll find a chest hidden behind 5 mobs you have to carefully kill, 1 of them being elite so you have to be careful, and then you loot It and you find many things, among them would be:

Blacksmith Pattern, a lvl 18 Two handed sword, some wool cloth, a piece of Iron Ore and two healing potions.

And just to remind you, In legion for a treasure we get: A tiny bit of Artifact Power, some resources and nethershards.

Now, the two handed sword I can probably use cause I'm a warrior, the pattern I can give to my guildies or sell It on the AH, the wool cloth I can send to my alt whose a tailor and the Iron put Into the guild bank while the two healing potions I can use for tougher encounters later on. Which of these two treasures seems more valuable and actually -rare-?

I make this example, because I encountered many treasures like this playing on a certain unnamed Wow Vanilla private server but you know which one, wink nudgePMme. And ofcourse because I played In the actual Vanilla 12 years ago, so I would know.

And while It took me a good while to get to It, kill the mobs carefully (This was In the barrens, a frustration In running around) multiple treasures I found, and shared with friends, or my alts because Blizzard forgot that WoW has MMO In It's name. And one of the M's stands for Multiplayer. It might not be the best thing for you to find In a treasure chest, but you have to admit the Vanilla way was more rewarding most of the time, even If you couldn't use what you found, your alts or your guildie could and therefore you help your guildies reach raiding quicker, gear up quicker and so on and so on... everyone wins.

But Legion Is a giant casual's game, so ofcourse the rewards you find you will selfishly keep that's the whole point of Legion, you got the treasure, no sharing, no community building, just lonely little you and that's bad... that's not World of Warcraft.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Idk, the zone itself just looks and feels really bland. I'm deff not a fan of it

Actualy I'm happy since it was short. MoP one was fun for a time but such a grinding chore I was just bored quick but still had to grind for weeks doing the same thing over and over.

With BI at leats I just spend a few mins each week and voila.

10+ Year Old Account
    BI was OK. It was some new WQs, rares, world chests and the uninspired weekly quests. The mage tower challenge isn't for everyone so not sure if you include that or not.

I'm not sure that it's fair to compare it to other quest hubs because Tanaan and Timeless Isle were design to last much longer than BI was. This was a 2 month change of pace filler type hub, not something you were expected to do for 6-12 months like those others. If you include invasions and a new dungeon that's actually respectable for an in between raid type of patch. It tied us over long until ToS comes out which is all it was really meant to do.

Hopefully if we go to Argus and set up shop there for a bit before the final raid there's more compelling gameplay and story there.

Utter failure. The quests were on the level of vanilla starting quests. Kill x of this. Bring y of that. Can they not come up with something more creative for a max level campaign? The fact that such rubbish quests were time gated was only a salt to the wound.

Lets hope Argus will be different.

I just simply don't agree and I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You need more "hoo" in your "boo fucking hoo"
    If that's what you heard... then by all means... enjoy your big piece of shit pie served warm direct from Ion' posterior.

We more sophisticated gamers know better.

As someone else in another thread already pointed out: Broken Shore is visually unappealing. There is really nothing going on there. I'm only going there if there's a worthwile quest reward, other than that I avoid the place like the plague.

Nothing in the world can make me farm this Sentinax shit ever.

On the bright side: It's only a mid xpac patch, so you can't really compare it to TI.

I think it was Ion who said it in the last Q&A that this patch was the BIGGEST whatever patch in WoW history. I wish they would just stop spewing these superlatives....

Thought it was pretty boring. Haven't seen any reason to go back since I hit revered around 2 months ago, other than a few minutes a week for the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I'm not sure that it's fair to compare it to other quest hubs because Tanaan and Timeless Isle were design to last much longer than BI was. This was a 2 month change of pace filler type hub, not something you were expected to do for 6-12 months like those others.
    Not at all. Broken Shore is the last bit of open-world content we get until Argus and patch 7.3. It launched two months ago but it will be current content for another couple months at least.

"Current" is a bit of a misnomer, because Broken Shore was specifically designed so it wouldn't obsolete the other 5 Legion zones. That's why it's all samey WQs. Broken Shore will technically be "current" content for the entire expansion, as will Val'sharah and the rest. Just not content anyone feels particularly enthusiastic about experiencing for the ten thousandth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I liked it more than Timeless Isle. I really hated Timeless Isle. So much grinding on frogs, constantly running to and just missing rares, and no real content to do.

IMO, in order from best to worst,

Isle of Thunder (MoP)
    Tanaan Jungle (WoD)
    Molten Front (Cata)
    Quel'danis (TBC)
    Broken Shore (Legion)
    Timeless Isle (MoP)
    Oh how opinions can differ:

Timelss Isle
    Quel'Danis
    Isle of Thunder
    Molten Front
    Tanaan Jungle
    Broken Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    If that's what you heard... then by all means... enjoy your big piece of shit pie served warm direct from Ion' posterior.

We more sophisticated gamers know better.
    You're certainly more salt-ified. Not much else.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I do like that they are doing away with stupid rare spawns combined with low drop %.

Timeless Isle is still camped and 110s 1 shot everything if they want to, getting some of the pets is impossible unless you spend days there, either by rare spawns or insanely low % to begin with.

I rather have multiple ways to work to like a Legionfall turn-in or Cache, then having to camp a specific rare for some stupid 1% drop.

And no I don't mean regular loot or world boss loot. Nethershard / emmisary cache/paragon loot is already RNG enough.

I happen to not have played 5.3 till 7.0.3 so yeah I know that's my choice, but CRZ does make stuff a lot harder.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-07 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The chain quest and the whole zone is embarassing to say the least. In my opinion one of the lowest point in WoW development. Totally uninspired, boring, really small and just dull.
    Thank god no one is gonna remember broken shore in the future, now that most of the people got the class mount it will become a desert.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Make dauntless gear BOA, redo that 11 week 'grab me 10 boar's asses' shit quest line into something more on par with the paladin class mount quest line (each week should have been something similar to that imo..investigate this, steal this relic from that place, etc)

and please God redo the aesthetics of the joint. So much bland makes it so forgettable. Do all that and maybe your shore won't be so broken.
    Oh I never called Broken shore "good" , the questline is completely awful, no RPG elements at all, compared to Suramar.

The mount scenarios I did so far (5 of them) were better then the whole 11 week thing and don't get me started on Sentinax /fail.

Legionfall turn-ins, rares, chests are still a good all-round reward. I agree dauntless should be BoA at this point.

I really hope Argus will redeem the game's outdoor content.

The spirit of questing was lost long ago by making things too linear / cutscenes always help.

But at least scenarios are still somewhat decent quality in Legion (artifacts/mounts).

Invasion scenarios could be better, especially the highmountain and azsuna ones.

At least blizz hotfixes their mistakes, and now we only need 5 chests, 3 rares, 1 mission etc.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-07 at 12:54 AM.

I disliked the weekly structure for what seemed to be 'introductory' quests into the Broken Shore (Sentinax, Rares, Chests, etc).

But the zone itself? I like. I liked the intro of Tomb of Sargeras and the dungeon, Cathedral of Eternal Night is awesome.

I also expect the raid zone to be amazing aswell, so i'm hyped.

It was a very successful content patch imo (3 dungeons - 2 being Lower\Upper Karazhan). Individual class quests for the class mount and challenging apperanced. 9 man raid zone incoming (and raids have been very good this expansion) and the daily invasions are also cool to snipe some AP\shards.

So yea, as long as they don't fuck up class balance entirely on 7.2.5 with the new legendaries, i'm happy with it and i'm very excited for Argus.

The fact you could fly made it sadly a joke of a zone... it shrunk the place soooo much.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    The chain quest and the whole zone is embarassing to say the least. In my opinion one of the lowest point in WoW development. Totally uninspired, boring, really small and just dull.
    Thank god no one is gonna remember broken shore in the future, now that most of the people got the class mount it will become a desert.
    Oh it will with 7.2.5, no updates to Nethershard gear they say (apparently no chance for ToS loot), LFR itemlevel will pass it, and by argus will be forgotten and probably have 880 WQ or something

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    The fact you could fly made it sadly a joke of a zone... it shrunk the place soooo much.

It is a joke no matter whether you can fly.
    RIP Thal' Dranath.