Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I liked it more than Timeless Isle. I really hated Timeless Isle. So much grinding on frogs, constantly running to and just missing rares, and no real content to do.

IMO, in order from best to worst,

Isle of Thunder (MoP)
    Tanaan Jungle (WoD)
    Molten Front (Cata)
    Quel'danis (TBC)
    Broken Shore (Legion)
    Timeless Isle (MoP)
    Other than rating Timeless Isle much higher than that(I'd put it just under IoT) and not having experienced QD while current, I pretty much agree with those rankings.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Wow, you really loved Timeless Isle.

I think if TI was current content for a couple of months my hatred of the place would be much more muted. But it was the end-game zone for so insanely long and there was nothing to do there. At least Broken Shore has WQs.

It's just broken man. Wasted potential as become the new norm for wow. I'm increasingly disappointed with how ugly wow is becoming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fully agree.

Worst island patch zone ever.

We're about to face one of the most important villains in Warcraft's history (Kil'Jaeden) and there is no story!

There should have been plotting, scheming, infiltrating and what not going on everywhere when the Deceiver is on Azeroth. But what do we get? NOTHING.
    Last edited by sheggaro; 2017-06-06 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    We're about to face one of the most important villains in Warcraft's history (Kil'Jaeden) and there is no story!

There should have been plotting, scheming, infiltrating and what not going on everywhere when the Deceiver is on Azeroth. But what do we get? NOTHING.
    That's a really good point. Timeless Isle wasn't really a precursor to anything. I mean, the time-travel aspect of WoD, kinda, but that's it. Broken Shore is supposed to introduce the ToS, and it really fails to do that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Wow, you really loved Timeless Isle.

I think if TI was current content for a couple of months my hatred of the place would be much more muted. But it was the end-game zone for so insanely long and there was nothing to do there. At least Broken Shore has WQs.
    Precisely, I think a lot of people forget how quickly Timeless Isle became boring.. Yes at the start like anything new it was fun but 2 to 3 months in it started becoming stale and after 14 months of it there was no real need to go back there once you got what you wanted from it.. And it quickly turned into a ghost town since there was no reason to be there..

Zones similar to TI that lasted longer were Isle of Quel'Danas and Isle of Thunder the main reason that they were still popular to a degree was that they both had raid instances on them so there was a reason to go there..

In the end Broken Shore will still be populated mainly due to CoEN (M/M+) and ToS being located there..

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Instead of splitting their dev time and making 12 mediocre stories, they should've just pooled all of it to make one epic one
    I completely agree, as a whole it's a "yep this is good, this is how much content it should have been" but seperately, do each bit individually it's like.. eh.

They said no more class specific content focus, so fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Precisely, I think a lot of people forget how quickly Timeless Isle became boring.. Yes at the start like anything new it was fun but 2 to 3 months in it started becoming stale and after 14 months of it there was no real need to go back there once you got what you wanted from it.. And it quickly turned into a ghost town since there was no reason to be there..

Zones similar to TI that lasted longer were Isle of Quel'Danas and Isle of Thunder the main reason that they were still popular to a degree was that they both had raid instances on them so there was a reason to go there..

In the end Broken Shore will still be populated mainly due to CoEN (M/M+) and ToS being located there..
    WQs got boring before we even got Broken Shore, and at least on my server Timeless Isle never died out. There were always people doing rares, levelling on the grubs, farming Shaohao rep, doing the 2 world bosses etc.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I'm going to say I agree. We guildmates and I have been talking about how when you think back on all the previous ones this campaign is by far the worst one they have ever done.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

I resubbed 3 days ago and I'm quite disappointed with what this patch had to offer. I already finished the broken shore questline which was quite lackluster, the artifact challenge for my main spec (this was actually pretty fun!), the class campaign, done some invasions and the new dungeon is so short that I would have expected to get two of them at least. There is nothing left for me to do now other then wait for ToS raid to release, and after clearing that I won't have anything else to do since broken shore is just another hub to gear up alts. Biggest content patch my ass...

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If this was disappointing to you...I truly hope you never face any true disappointment in your lives.

Are you people really this miserable?...if so then I pity you.

OT...had alot of fun with this....having alot of fun with everything in Legion.

Sure, there are some things that do not excite me, so I move past them and do the dozens of things that DO excite me.

You guys should try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall, yes but it had a few gems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    WQs got boring before we even got Broken Shore, and at least on my server Timeless Isle never died out. There were always people doing rares, levelling on the grubs, farming Shaohao rep, doing the 2 world bosses etc.
    Unfortunately that is the nature of MMO's in general they eventually all get boring, doing the same thing day in and day out does wear thin for anyone.. The problem more so these days is that a lot of people are not able to stay with one thing for very long because they get bored very fast and have to move on to the next new/best thing..

shit questline, shit shaman scenario, dk scenario was way better except the travelling.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    If this was disappointing to you...I truly hope you never face any true disappointment in your lives.

Sure, there are some things that do not excite me, so I move past them and do the dozens of things that DO excite me.

You guys should try it.
    Exactly, if they can't handle disappointment in a game then there is no way known they could handle it in real life..

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post

You guys should try it.
    Out of all the things, if you feel the need to humble-brag about this, maybe you're not doing that great either?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You thinking it was =/= it actually being so.
    What does that symbol mean, please? I see it everywhere but never understand it.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    Was anybody else thoroughly disappointed with the "campaign" of the broken shore which ended up being a list of chores that a parent would give a child if anything. They did not make use of any phasing technology to show the "advancement" of the legionfall army or any progression really on progressing on the tomb. They had a lot of potential only to piss it away. imo the best daily hub thing they have done was Quel'Danas and probably will always be Quel'Danas > Isle of thunder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broken Shore.

Thoughts?
    Define failure.

Obviously people did it.

There is no shortage of people questing, and killing rares.

There will be a ton of class mounts soon.

I'll agree that the quest chain was neither fun nor interesting. But people are there, doing content, in large numbers (across servers).

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    A 10 week "intro quest"?

The largest content patch in WoW History?

What an absolute joke. But as long as "some people" are satisfied ewith it... it'll be more of the same.

Kill demons over here.

Kill more demons over there.

Kill the demons over here again to get certain drops.

Kill 3 mini boss demons.

Do 10 WQs that have you kill demons here and there.

Ah heck.. kill some more demons over here.

BAM! Aren't you grateful?™
    You need more "hoo" in your "boo fucking hoo"

I enjoyed the Broken Shore enough. I found the Isle of Quel'Danas to be the worst hub ever made, but it was also the first real hub, so you naturally expect them to get better, or at least stay the same. I was surprised at how the Broken Shore stacked up against Tanaan Jungle, Timeless Isle, and Isle of Thunder. It was okay, but not as good as those three.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis