View Poll Results: Spare who you will , or slay them all .. the choice is your's

Voters
150. This poll is closed
  • slayed them all

101 67.33%
  • fuck it , grab the book and gone off to the next part of the quest chain

49 32.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineli View Post
    Is there really no way to get this achievement if you didn't do it during the quest line?

Because that would piss me off something massive. I went out of my way to not kill any of the drakes cause I felt like an ass for pissing them off in the first place and for such a petty reason. And apparently missed out on something because god forbid I didn't read about the quest first.
    /pat

your not a true death Knight

I Happily slayed them all.. yes even the younglings

PS: on a interesting side note, if you listen to all the dialogue, the Lich King has actually become jealous of the Deathlord's power and control over Ebonhold and its Knights.

that being the player character (Death Lord) is has far surpassed the "death knight" class and all the champions of the Ebon hold. according to the in-game lore the Deathlord is getting closer to the Lich King in power than he is to a Hero Death knight like Morgraine, koltiras.

on a scale of 1 to 10 , with 10 being the Lich King, 5 being Morgrainne and 1 being a regular death knight were apparently 8s
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2017-06-07 at 04:46 AM.

Is there really no way to get this achievement if you didn't do it during the quest line?

Because that would piss me off something massive. I went out of my way to not kill any of the drakes cause I felt like an ass for pissing them off in the first place and for such a petty reason. And apparently missed out on something because god forbid I didn't read about the quest first.
    If it's any consolidation: It's just a feat of strength.

Frankly, I was thinking the same and I'm not even eager to do it in the first place (I just knew about it before hand from the PTR), especially after the LK reveals that he is just waiting for you to fuck up and take Acherus for himself. Essentially, the whole class campaign of DKs (including the previous ones) is being played like a fiddle and people cheer because it's "dark and edgy" bercause they get to kill their allies. Not to mention that the reward for this last one was utterly pathic as well. All the big talk about the oh so powerful dragon bones, then you get there, have this mountain of giant bones and the dragon you summon is at best a tiny drake that looks lame as hell. I like to think of my character being smarter than Donald from DLC. I only did the achievment for the collection aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt kill any dragons they suffered enough. You people are sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, this is one achieve I'm going to skip. Permanently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

very interesting , wonder when we surpass the lichking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I didnt kill any dragons they suffered enough. You people are sick.
    Spoken like a true Paladin!

Loved the quests, felt like a true Death Knight since i joined the Horde. I got the achieve, by pure chance since i role played what my decision would be.
    "Who are these Red Dragons to bar MY WAY when i am busy saving the planet we live. If they can't be arsed to do anything alive, they will do so in death."
    Gets even funnier cause i am blood, i am divided on the reward, i was expecting something with more "oommph", but the red dragon is nice for my mog. It's the other two that i don't favor ... I think i also agree to the low res i think, no expert on it though.
    Last edited by mmoc3e0a78daab; 2017-06-07 at 10:03 AM.

Somewhere down the line -probably really far from now- this achievement is going to be used as a tracker to determine which DKs get something shiny and which ones killed a bunch of innocent, endangered dragons. Mark my words. You're not going to hell. You're going to be permanently denied a pet or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my head canon, I went in there all sneaky-like and spared every one of them.

In achievement-hunting, completionist reality, I killed them all. I mean hey, I was just a guy looking for information. THEY ran at me.

It's okay. I'll just go save all their collective hides from deathwing again, and everything will be right as rain.

It would have been cool if Blizzard had put in achievements for not killing any as well. I dislike one sided "morality" choices in video games.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    if we havent done it during the quest it's possible to do it later? or i am just fucked? x)

1. you do not have to kill them before looting the book.

2. there are some real sneaky ones flying around and sitting on top of the rocks. The last one I killed was flying right next to a red tree, making it really hard to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    In my head canon, I went in there all sneaky-like and spared every one of them.

In achievement-hunting, completionist reality, I killed them all. I mean hey, I was just a guy looking for information. THEY ran at me.

It's okay. I'll just go save all their collective hides from deathwing again, and everything will be right as rain.

It would have been cool if Blizzard had put in achievements for not killing any as well. I dislike one sided "morality" choices in video games.
    But it was a two sided choice? Spare them, or kill them and get an achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post

But it was a two sided choice? Spare them, or kill them and get an achievement.
    It's decidedly one-sided. As in, get a thing for doing one thing, get nothing for doing the other.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's decidedly one-sided. As in, get a thing for doing one thing, get nothing for doing the other.
    Oh, so you only do something nice if you are getting a reward for it? Gotcha!
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Oh, so you only do something nice if you are getting a reward for it? Gotcha!
    ...or not be deprived another reward.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

...or not be deprived another reward.
    Well that is your choice then, either you be the nice guy and don't get a reward but you get the "feeling of being nice" or w/e. Or you go in and kill everything, to obtain a achievement that means absolutely nothing.

That right there is the choice. You took the moral ground, and didn't wipe the reds out. I didn't, I slaughtered every single one of those dragons, because I find killing stuff fun, and I got my achievement.

the skull throne on my mount isn't going to build itself!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    PS: on a interesting side note, if you listen to all the dialogue, the Lich King has actually become jealous of the Deathlord's power and control over Ebonhold and its Knights.

that being the player character (Death Lord) is has far surpassed the "death knight" class and all the champions of the Ebon hold. according to the in-game lore the Deathlord is getting closer to the Lich King in power than he is to a Hero Death knight like Morgraine, koltiras.

on a scale of 1 to 10 , with 10 being the Lich King, 5 being Morgrainne and 1 being a regular death knight were apparently 8s
    This is all you headcanon. Nowhere is stated that the deathlord is growing as powerful as the lich king, as it would be impossible anyway.
    Neither Bolvar is jelous of the pc, he simply states that shoudl you fail he will gladly take Acherus under his command.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not to mention that the reward for this last one was utterly pathic as well. All the big talk about the oh so powerful dragon bones, then you get there, have this mountain of giant bones and the dragon you summon is at best a tiny drake that looks lame as hell.
    Lorewise they show you how big he actually is (at least Consort sized), and they states it's "powerful beyond reckoning". It's basically the new Sindragosa.
    But lore and gameplay are two different things. You really thought they would give you a mount the size of a village?

I wonder if there is something equivalent for every other class? Seems really odd that DK would have one, just for 1 particular choice, and no one else.

But do you really want it on your conscience to be the one that caused the red dragonflight's extinction!

Damn, wish I had known about this before finishing the quest :/

And I was really tempted to kill them all too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    . You really thought they would give you a mount the size of a village?
    No but selling a cheapo mount as that is just nonsensical. It's just garbage story telling, because it will have no effect from here on out.