Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It was disappointing...

Still better than The Isle of Thunder, Quel-Danas, and so forth...however....

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best daily hub was the firelands one. They need to return to that model. Quel'danas was a close second. Isle of Thunder was good too.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Its just time gate content. It wasnt great but it wasnt terrible either. Sure I would say the islands in MoP and before were pulled off better but it doesnt mean this one is total trash.

Wouldn't say it was a failure, but it wasn't great either.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Tannan Jungle was better than the Broken Shore and I think that says a lot.

It started off very promising, with the beach scenario e.t.c but the class campaigns amongst other things included in 7.2 were just a huge let down, they really didn't advance any story at all and what story there was, seems to be not only shared content amongst lots of classes but very poor, frankly. Even the class mount while sort of cool just felt a bit trivial after the build up.

All that effort put into talking heads for more fucking world quests basically. Kinda feels like they ran out of story to tell until we get to Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, it wasn't very good - I suppose it was spread painfully thinly in order to mask how little there was to really do, but I think the bigger issue is simply how little I ended up caring about the Broken Shore. There just wasn't any progression and, for me, that's the most wholly disappointing part. Listing it might help, if we start with the gated part:

1) Shard Times: We did this from the very start, but invasions sped it up. Nothing changed as a result.
    2) Mark of the Sentinax: Some did shard-farming here. Nothing changed as a result.
    3) Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: Typical quest-related meta. Nothing changed as a result.
    4) Intolerable Infestation: Go off and do something you've done ages ago. Nothing changed as a result.
    5) Relieved of their Valuables: Go off and do something you've been doing since the patch. Nothing changed as a result.
    6) Take out the Head: Go off and do something you've been doing since the patch. Nothing changed as a result.
    7) Championing our Cause: Complete garrison missions you've been doing since the patch. Nothing changed as a result.
    8) Strike them Down: Kill mobs you've been killing since the patch. Nothing changed as a result.

Ignoring the preference based complaints such as art or enemy choice, it just feels like a crappy little area where nothing of consequence really happens despite the clear implication that it should. This is the major force on the Broken Isles as far as the Burning Legion is concerned, yet mobs melt as if they're nothing and not a single thing we do has an impact on the zone.

Given that phasing and group-related unlocks have been a thing for a decade, and worked wonderfully on the Isles of Quel'Danas and Thunder (and the Firelands), it's hard to forgive the laziness with the development team here.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Yeah, Broken Shore was really bad. The weekly chore quests were unpleasant and the story was pretty nonexistent. I think they bit off more than they could chew with the class-specific quests. They're a cool a idea, but for Blizzard they provide much less ROI; why spend most of your patch's content budget on stuff that almost nobody will get to see all of? Bizarre move.

Mechanically though, I think it was pretty solid. Dauntless is a great way to speed-gear a new alt, Relinquished is juuuuust enough legendary targeting & Kadala gameplay for me, and the WQs & building construction were lucrative and not too bad to repeat. Ditch the class order stuff and build a richer zone like the previous ones mentioned in this thread and we'd really be in business.
    The class campaigns were not too bad. The class mount quests were shit. When you beat the last boss in your scenario in 15 seconds it's not very engaging.

Deleted
    Yeah, it was hot garbage.
    I'm glad it was fairly painless to complete and ignore though.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    You don't have to, i stopped playing and i will return when i think it looks fun but if you choose to play and still whine it doesn't make sense
    I play for raiding, it doesn't change that every other aspect of the game is terrible right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

It really wasn't any worse than say the Firelands daily. In fact I'd say it was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I play for raiding, it doesn't change that every other aspect of the game is terrible right now.
    Terrible or not what's the point of being negative 7/24 blizz probably doesn't even read this, i won't understand why people act like it's the end of the world when a game feels boring

I can't tell if it's a failure or it just takes too much to impress me.

I did it the evening it came out, cleaned out everything available, and found it so boring I never went back. Kind of irritating that if I ever do come back, I will need the rep for flying -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    i won't understand why people act like it's the end of the world when a game feels boring
    Dumb hyperbole aside, that's sort of the point of 'entertainment'. Like the only the point.

Was it boring? Yeah a bit, aside from that one time Anduin did some soul searching and the Alliance got to see him get all emotional.

Did it serve its purpose? Yes. In 1 week my alt got to 885 ilvl with 1 legendary from 1 raid lockout, 4 M+ and broken shore/invasions. Super low maintenance character that is pretty much ready to hit Tomb on normal when it comes out.

I think the new dungeon is super underappreciated. It's got a lot of 1 shot mechanics which I've been missing tbh. It's nice to see that people are learning to do the mechanics of dungeon bosses again instead of trying to cheese and tunnel.

Could have used more plot but as long as Tomb turns out well I don't mind. Broken Shore didn't stop me from enjoying WoW so it's not that big a deal to me that it was boring.

Good if you needed a few Class Hall Resources(plenty of WQuests with it, it also gives you CHR if you give them 100 tokens) , that's all.

Timeless Isle was certainly a lot more fun for me. I wouldn't say Broken Shore is a total failure though. I enjoy it more than the same old Emmisary quests on the main lands.

Finally a new and original thread no one has seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It was by far the worst of similar zones.
    Second only to timeless isle.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    what was so good about timeless isle? other than a few dailies/weekly quests there was nothing to do, other than killing shit for currency - basically exactly the same as Broken Shore but without the weekly quests

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    what was so good about timeless isle? other than a few dailies/weekly quests there was nothing to do, other than killing shit for currency - basically exactly the same as Broken Shore but without the weekly quests
    The string of people I got to report for harassment when I bloody coin murdered them for a mount.

LOOK PEOPLE I had to take my unfair deaths too, I promise their were tears on my face with each pointless pixel murder.