Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You should go ingame lol, lots of people are "ready to crack some faggot and nigger skulls" over this. Criteria for major v minor event is dev time. this event is a rainbow on a fountain and a scarf that is a recolor of a stole * I think thats how its spelled*

Larger events like christmas, halloween, easter, etc generally have a small to mid sized questline with them as well as more large changes to the game world.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. There is still artistic integrity as the player base votes on general ideas. Would you like this new fight cave? Would you like this new raid styled dungeon? The player base does not vote on specifics like mechanics, style, appearance, number of bosses, etc. Some stuff is already made for presentation in a dev blog at the time of vote.

Also I really do want to know what this agenda is. Is it an agenda book, world domination, brunch?
    Thats what it said in the reddit post linked and again echo'd by DracoDraco.
    Its also why I said "Agenda".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Thats what it said in the reddit post linked and again echo'd by DracoDraco.
    Its also why I said "Agenda".
    But what is the agenda?

Deleted
    But what is the agenda?
    I dunno, I don't post on reddit and my name isn't dracodraco :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I don't post on reddit and my name isn't dracodraco :P
    I hope the agenda is brunch.

Deleted
    I hope the agenda is brunch.
    Only if brunch is salted popcorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if brunch is salted popcorn.
    and mimosas.

Deleted
    and mimosas.
    Deal. Agenda sorted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deal. Agenda sorted.
    awww yiss, the gay agenda!

Deleted
    awww yiss, the gay agenda!
    Wait, I have nothing to wear. I lost my last rainbow flag at last Amsterdam Gay Pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I have nothing to wear. I lost my last rainbow flag at last Amsterdam Gay Pride.
    Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go to the runescape fountain and get another one.

Deleted
    Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go to the runescape fountain and get another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who decides that? This might be a major event for some people .
    Don't get me wrong, I don't give a fuck. I don't do the holiday shit in WoW as I think it has no place in it and I won't do this stuff as I don't think it has a place in it.
    It just really annoyed me how some people can't just give their opinion without insulting loads of other games just because they disagree with them, attacking them personally.
    Minor disclaimer, I've not played old school RS aside from a quick peek when it launched, but I did play RS in 2007 when it was the newest version around as a member with access to the non F2P content back then.

This is not a major piece of content by Jagex 2007 standards, not even close. When people are talking about quests in the runescape sense it's more akin to a single player rpg quest chain than what you might associate the word with from WoW. The point is story delivery first and foremost and they can be quite lengthy, and not as a means of grinding xp.

i played rs on and off for many years, and after a while the community just became too toxic, and i played a few months here and there.

i can totally see this happening, they would get a little out of control it was quite amusing at times

Why are they introducing these sorts of things to the game? .-.

There is no benefit nor draw to it and in fact you're only likely to upset a lot of people. So, why? Leave subject matter like this to the real world. Not to mention you're just luring the worst of the worst to interrupt it and cause all kinds of hilarious yet awkward clashes to occur.

What's wrong with Gay Pride events again? Should ban everyone there spamming homophobia personally. Although I have heard they have permanently banned people spouting particularly egregious autistic dribble.

But I agree I'm not sure a gay pride event should be in a video game.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-06-07 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    What's wrong with Gay Pride events again? Should ban everyone there spamming homophobia personally.

But I agree I'm not sure a gay pride event should be in a video game.
    I think people tend to have issue with how gaudy and disgusting they come off as and even feel they might do more damage than good when it comes to any kind of public relations.

I know, I do, and I'm not exactly 100% kosher myself.

But that is another subject really. What's a better question here is to ask why such an event needs to be introduced to an online game when they should know that it will merely draw out the worst elements of their community; whether for kicks or genuine nastiness.

I'll never understand the motivations of others I suppose. A lot of them have the, "Why the fuck not?" attitude while I have the complete opposite yet more classical, "...but why?"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ugabuga View Post
    I wasn't trying to be witty or 'no u' anything. I only meant that you're an asshole.
    Then you should've just said that instead of trying to get a prize for your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    then how would they get free articles and discussions about their game. lol its the paris hilton of today. they want attention any way they can get it.

also, i totally agree with you. LOL
    Yeah this kinda stuff is mostly an attempt at free marketing. They know journalists tend to be ridiculously, ridiculously liberal and eat. this. shit. up.

The problem is that it's just become straight up preachy and a lot of people are just straight up sick of it and they're sick of people trying to push it into things they use to escape the real world and politics (like video games). Even card-carrying moderate leftists are getting sick of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I think people tend to have issue with how gaudy and disgusting they come off as and even feel they might do more damage than good when it comes to any kind of public relations.

I know, I do, and I'm not exactly 100% kosher myself.

But that is another subject really. What's a better question here is to ask why such an event needs to be introduced to an online game when they should know that it will merely draw out the worst elements of their community; whether for kicks or genuine nastiness.

I'll never understand the motivations of others I suppose. A lot of them have the, "Why the fuck not?" attitude while I have the complete opposite yet more classical, "...but why?"

This is the gaudy and disgusting event.

What a disgusting move by that developer. So glad that the community is standing up for what's right. I won't ever tolerate such nasty perversions. Can't wait to join in on the anti-parade rallies.