Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krozard View Post
    Do you usually play, or previously played, on a desktop with multiple monitors? I'm wondering if WoW may be somehow trying to launch on another monitor but since you only have one, it just just kinda freaks out...see if the wtf.config file has SET gxMonitor (From what I can tell this should be set to "0" if you only have 1 monitor).

Otherwise it might be trying to use the wrong graphics API - maybe try setting it to DirectX 11 by using -d3d11
    (alternately check the config.wtf file for the line "SET gxApi" and make sure it shows SET gxApi "D3D11")
    I do use multiple monitors on my desktop PC indeed, so I'm going to try what you suggested.

Edit: no luck

Seriously considering reinstalling Windows 10 at this point. I suspect it's probably another program I have installed, but I have so many that it would take donkies to go through each.

- - - Updated - - -

So I went ahead and did a full Windows reset, and now I have managed to get WoW running, waiting for the remainder to download and then I can download Overwatch and hope that runs!
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-06-09 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I do use multiple monitors on my desktop PC indeed, so I'm going to try what you suggested.

Edit: no luck

Seriously considering reinstalling Windows 10 at this point. I suspect it's probably another program I have installed, but I have so many that it would take donkies to go through each.

- - - Updated - - -

So I went ahead and did a full Windows reset, and now I have managed to get WoW running, waiting for the remainder to download and then I can download Overwatch and hope that runs!

Yaaay glad ya got it working. hopefully overwatch works for ya too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyeara View Post
    Yaaay glad ya got it working. hopefully overwatch works for ya too.
    It does! Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    It does! Hooray!
    I just love a happy ending lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by highroller1962 View Post
    I just love a happy ending lol
    Me too! Pity it had to be a Windows Reset to fix it, but then again I suppose a nice clean Windows install can't hurt either! Win Win!

I was just about to tel you to wipe out everything and since it's mostly for blizzard games with all the bugs they throw at you which only affects a few poor souls with unknown OS configurations....

Glad it worked out bc Im thinking of buying the same brand (not model), got scared for a sec.