Poll: When do you think Blizzard will announce the next WoW Expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I feel Blizzard has a lot to show this year for 2018 as they really don't have anything for 2017. Expansion announcement isn't out of the question as they'll still have stuff to show off in Blizzcon from some of their other franchises (likely Diablo/Overwatch)

10+ Year Old Account
    What I expect.

Hearthstone expansion announcement (Which will likely release Sept/Oct)
    Announcement for next Heroes map release, next 3-4 hero releases (Which will cover up to Blizzcon)
    Possibly next SC mini-campaign (Revolving around Zagara, Alarak, or Dehaka). If not that, then next SC Co-op commander (Dehaka is most likely)

Overwatch hero annoucement.

WoW - 7.3 shit. Any expansion announcements will take place at Blizzcon.

At Blizzcon, more SC shit (Skins, and either mini-campaign or co-op commander, depending on whats announced at Gamescon), Diablo things (Depending on how well the Necromancer DLC sells, more D3 DLC shit.), Heroes things (Warcraft event, likely with Kel'Thuzad, Mekkatorque, and a WC Demon hero), Overwatch thing (Next seasonal event, maps, maybe hero). Possible WoW expansion. Another Remastered, either Diablo 2 or WC3. Finally, the announcement of whatever new game they have been hiring for.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2017-06-09 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I mean it's been much better received by the playerbase and there's not a big content drought on the cards. PR with WoW players was at an all time low prior to Legion's announcement and they needed something to perk people back up again. There doesn't seem to be any urgent need for them to repeat that move this time around.
    Is it though? The forums are filled with complaints now, just like during WoD.
    I get the feeling you might like Legion better but that does not mean all players do.

I just want a new diablo 3 expansion, I don't care about retail wow anymore. It's just ugly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Yes...

Blizz will said that Blizzard is no more, and merged into Activision.

All new COD games will be added in Activision app only.

They will still say that MMO genre is dying, because they lose subs.

I am pesymist kay?
    a realist i'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch/ hearthstone announcements are more likely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    This upcoming gamescom, 2 years ago, marks the anniversary of Legion's announcement. Blizzard is known to announce an expansion roughly every 2 years. In 2 years my biological age will be 24. 24 was the day of August in 2015 when Heroes of Warcraft: The Grand Tournament, Hearthstone's second expansion, was officially released. The second expansion of World Of Warcraft was Wrath Of The Lich King, during which World of Warcraft had the highest subscriber numbers at about 12 million. $12 million is about half of what The Warcraft Movie opened with on its debut weekend. We are about half way through World Of Warcraft: Legion.

POSSIBLE CONCLUSION:ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

OTHER POSSIBLE CONCLUSION:BLIZZARD ANNOUNCES NEW EXPANSION
    Ehm... you're overhyped my man, go play something else for a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    The Legion announcement at Gamescom mostly felt like damage control during the low point of WoD. Since WoW seems to be doing a lot better now by comparison I imagine they'll be happy to wait until Blizzcon for another expansion reveal. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a nice juicy Argus patch teaser, though.
    Exactly this, damage control nothing else... but then...

I'd consider the expansion being announced at Gamescom again to be another attempt at desparation and damage control once again, because let's be honest, nobody was Impressed with the patch releases for Legion so far that brought bugger all content. And don't even get me started on the X.X.5 patches, that are only made out to be big deal patches because of that naming.

Otherwise, they might as well be any X.X.X.X.X patch, In which blizzard just changes a bunch of class things as they always do... only this time around the X.X.5 patches exist to create the Illusion of consistent content. All X.X.5 patches give are class balances, which again might as well be any randomly numbered Insiginificant patch, and the rest of the content Is given over time during holidays and events, so again might as well be any X.X.X.X patch.

Don't pretend you wouldn't think much less of Legion If there were no X.X.5 patches and only 7.1 and 7.2 released In the span of 10 months. Which Isn't that bad of a time frame but the content given Is non-existant In both patches.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Nada. I expect Gamescom to be the TRAILER for 7.3, and that's it.

i expect the PTR to pop a week after the ToS raid, as it has always...
    Always? They only started doing this in Legion. In past expansions ptr testing only lasted 2-3 months. We wouldn't see the PTR go up for at least 2-3 months after a patch released.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I get the feeling you might like Legion better but that does not mean all players do.
    Most of the complaints are the usual hyperbole. "AWMAWGAD I HAVE TO GRIND ALL DA TIME TO RAID!>?!??!?!?!11" and such. Also as with all business, people that bitch and moan are generally seen because people enjoying themselves don't feel the need to go to forums to constantly talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Most of the complaints are the usual hyperbole. "AWMAWGAD I HAVE TO GRIND ALL DA TIME TO RAID!>?!??!?!?!11" and such. Also as with all business, people that bitch and moan are generally seen because people enjoying themselves don't feel the need to go to forums to constantly talk about it.
    For sure, but that was true for WoD as well.
    Saying that Legion is doing much better than WoD without numbers to back that up is... Stupid.

Expansions? No but we will get some DLC for tinker and like 13 other classes that are behind a paywall.

There will likely be some other DLC only content for Blizzard games, So you can expect to buy Heroes for OW and stuff.

to me it looks like Bliz only relay cares about hearthstone and overwatch anymore... in regards of marketing tho

Gamescom seems likely for an expansion announcement. 7.3 will likely be on the PTR before August and certainly before Gamescom, so that isn't likely as an announcment.

As for such an announcement "spoiling" 7.3, I don't understand that argument at all. We all know another expansion is coming, and I can't recall any expansion announcement that would have spoiled the end of an expansion other than WoD having Garrosh in it. I see no way that Argus and a confrontation with Sargeras would have anything to do with 8.0.

Finally, Blizzard generally announces expansions roughly a year before release. An announcement in August would mean a release around August 2018. That seems reasonable; it means Legion would last 24 months (About average for a WoW expansion) and assuming the Argus raid comes out in November, 5 months after ToS, that means a maximum of 9 months between the final Legion raid and the next expansion which would shorten the traditional content drought at the end of an expansion, especially if there's a 7.4 early next year as an "epilogue" patch.

If the announcement happens at Blizzcon, they either need to shorten the time from announcement to release compared to former expansions, have another raid after 7.3.5, or risk having another year+ content drought between the final raid and the new expansion.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2017-06-10 at 12:41 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

The forums are always and have always been filled by complaints.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Gamescom seems likely for an expansion announcement. 7.3 will likely be on the PTR before August and certainly before Gamescom, so that isn't likely as an announcment.

As for such an announcement "spoiling" 7.3, I don't understand that argument at all. We all know another expansion is coming, and I can't recall any expansion announcement that would have spoiled the end of an expansion other than WoD having Garrosh in it. I see no way that Argus and a confrontation with Sargeras would have anything to do with 8.0.

Finally, Blizzard generally announces expansions roughly a year before release. An announcement in August would mean a release around August 2018. That seems reasonable; it means Legion would last 24 months (About average for a WoW expansion) and assuming the Argus raid comes out in November, 5 months after ToS, that means a maximum of 9 months between the final Legion raid and the next expansion which would shorten the traditional content drought at the end of an expansion, especially if there's a 7.4 early next year as an "epilogue" patch.

If the announcement happens at Blizzcon, they either need to shorten the time from announcement to release compared to former expansions, have another raid after 7.3.5, or risk having another year+ content drought between the final raid and the new expansion.
    Pretty much this, a repeat of events from 2015 is what I'm expecting. Gamescom for the 1 hour announcement panel and then going further into detail on Blizzcon with the alpha starting around Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    They'll save WoW expansion announcement for Blizzcon this time. Hearthstone/Overwatch/HOTS will probably get something on Gamescom since their "release cycle" would be ready for Blizzcon again.
    Ah yes another x5 Warcraft assasins coming to HOTS. We dissmisied that claim.

7+ Year Old Account
    the forums have always been filled with complaints.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the forums have always been filled with complaints.
    That is very true. To then use what you've read on forums as some form of indication that the game is doing better is rather silly, is it not?
    The only "numbers" we have indicate that it is doing about as good as WoD.

That is very true. To then use what you've read on forums as some form of indication that the game is doing better is rather silly, is it not?
    The only "numbers" we have indicate that it is doing about as good as WoD.
    Well when majority of the complaints involve actually playing the game compared to WoD, that's a good start in determining that every other expansion was doing better by forum judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Gamescon will likely get big infos on Argus. The other Blizzard games will probably get new content announcements too. Maybe they will do something about Destiny 2 as well.

Blizzcon will handle stuff like major expansions/new games.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.