Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    It's literally both? It's a flight form and people can mount it. I don't understand why you're trying to throw semantics into an argument to try and save face. I've already systematically destroyed your point.

If you don't like the way it looks, you are still free to use the 350+ other mounts available in the game.
    Ok, go to collections and see tab where it says Mounts. Now ask a druid what it says on that "button", il help you out Travel Form. Thus its a form not a mount!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    My only real complaint is that, for Trolls, it still uses the bat noise whenever you shapeshift into it.
    Those "bat noises" is an owl tooting...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Ok, go to collections and see tab where it says Mounts. Now ask a druid what it says on that "button", il help you out Travel Form. Thus its a form not a mount!!!!
    OK... and?

What was the point you were trying to make by labeling it a form and not a mount (even though players can literally mount and ride it)?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

OK... and?

What was the point you were trying to make by labeling it a form and not a mount (even though players can literally mount and ride it)?
    Because its not a mount! Its a druid, not some random mount drop, its a druid in his travel form!

It's a piece of shit, and the majority of the druids I've talked to would rather they didn't add it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kaepora Gaebora owl is best owl, good thing no one likes it so I don't have to see it everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    My only real complaint is that, for Trolls, it still uses the bat noise whenever you shapeshift into it.
    Haha, at least we are not in the bad position of Monks, where we get spammed by our own mount.

Which is it, Druids? You can't pick and choose what it is whenever it's convenient for you. Why do you want it to be treated like a mount and then turn around and call it not a mount?

How about you just enjoy the free instant cast "mount/form" for what it is? Every other class would kill for that ability and you guys are sitting there on your fat bear asses crying about absolutely nothing. To us have-nots, you guys are like Billionaires crying that you didn't get the Bugatti Veyron of your color choice. Well, boohoo.
    Having an instant travel form has been iconic for druids since TBC. The same way mages have portals. It's like if they instead of a mount gave mages a new portal that would teleport other people to their class hall. It's not a mount, but hey you can teleport people around, isn't it great? The only thing we got from this new flight form is the fact we can carry someone else.

Do you have the Sandstone drake? If you do, how often do you carry people around? How often is it needed? Because for me that's almost never the case. Most people have flying. So yeah, it's just a reskin of our old travel form with that one addition. However, the drawbacks outweights the one positive. We can't use it anywhere where there is no flying allowed - pvp, raids, instances and zones with no flying. That also means every future expansion before flying is released. The colour choice is tied to race, which people generally don't like. There is no walking or sitting animation, which is pretty iconic for all other druid forms. So, in the end it's neither a mount nor a flightform.

You maybe are desperate to get an instant flight form and in that case you should reroll to druid. The same way if you wanted to be able to port yourself into major cities like mages can, but as you can see not many people were excited for a two seater flight form.

And before you repeat how we should enjoy the free instant cast flight form, I'll say once again: We've had that ability for years and getting this new flight form didn't change that. It works exactly like every other class ability in the entire game. It's tied to a class that can perform that while others can't.

15+ Year Old Account
    I kinda dislike the colours being race based rather than spec based like all other classes have them afaik. I'm able to switch out from red moonkin into astral form but the red owl is kinda silly. While all other look really well. Especially love the white one and I kinda hoped it would be balance one

What a bunch of whiners here, ridiculous.

Wait what the old flight form is gone from the game with this new quest mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Wait what the old flight form is gone from the game with this new quest mount?
    NPCs in Moonglade and Order Hall let you switch back and forth at your leisure.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    NPCs in Moonglade and Order Hall let you switch back and forth at your leisure.
    Which NPC? I really want to get rid of that visual-atrocity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    Ok couple Pointers here -

Pros / I like
    - Instant cast
    - Its a Flight Form not a mount ( 'class fantasy' duh )
    - 2 seater flying
    - really unique model ( even tho its a bit derpy)

Cons
    - looks kinda derpy (even tho its a unique model)
    - no use animation
    - no Sitting / landing / rest animation
    - no /mountspecial
    - fully replaces old Travel form (did somehow hurt deleting the Glyph that I really loved)
    - not usable in nonflight-Zones
    - Racial colours / not spec colours (even tho any troll that says it is pink should either calibrate his monitor or eyes.. its cleary a reddish brown)
    - no other benefit like Toy, Specc colours, Pet

I'm really happy to see that I'm not alone with my complaints about the flight form specially the replacement of standrt flight form. So hopefully Blizz will listen?
    I think this pretty much sums it up. Some of those might get fixed in the future. But I am afraid that the colours, which I personally care for the most, will stay race specific no matter what. And I really hate the red form I'll stick to it prolly cause I do like the model even tho it looks bad with troll colours. I mean all others look okeish (I love the white one and kinda hoped it would be balance one when they first showed them)

I hate Druid's new flight form. We already had a glyph that would turn us into an owl, and it looks a lot better! Being able to carry someone on my back doesn't happen enough for me to care about that feature, and I have two other mounts that can do the same thing that I use when I need it!

I would've much preferred they gave us an updated stormcrow form.

Even better would be an actual MOUNT (not with this shitty owl model either) so we could use it in places other classes can use theirs, like battlegrounds and raids.

I'm really upset about the derp owl form for many reasons, and Blizzard doesn't give a shit. It's released, so they're not going to do a thing about it.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I'm really upset about the derp owl form for many reasons, and Blizzard doesn't give a shit. It's released, so they're not going to do a thing about it.
    What should they do? Re-design it entirely months after it was announced, weeks after it was released, because some people don't like it? Its not like there is hundreds other mounts available to choose from, and I'm sure there is no single mount that everyone likes equally.

All the complaining is literally months too late, not to mention that style issues are always very subjective (and those that dislike something are always very vocal, which makes them feel like "everyone" agrees, while those that are happy just don't care about the whine threads).
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-06-11 at 04:44 PM.

I like the sparkles and whatnot. I think it's a bit weird, but I don't mind--can't like everything. I stopped using it because it can't perch and I really like perching.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    now, if those idiots that work for Blizzard only listened to ppl they would realize that we want a mount
    You absolutely don't speak for ALL druids. Deal with it.

This form reeks of missed opportunity.

The body, wings, armour, animation and sparkles are amazing! This large bird, sailing graciously through the air. Really nice.

The fact that it's also a mount adds unique versatility. A flying mount, able to insta-cast and mount? Fantastic. I mean, I see YouTube videos where players do air stunts in tandem, just like Druids have been doing for 10 years now: Free falling, then shifting to bird near the ground, just before impact! I mean, Druids can now do air shows in the game! Really cool, really unique.

And then there's that owl head and face. When flying, the whole head and neck is tilted sort of upright, like if the bird was sitting on a branch. Owls don't look like that - and there's an important reason for that: Owls don't look directly ahead most of the time. They are predators, so they look down most of the time! They look down at the unfortunate mouse or other rodent, who's blissfully unaware of death hanging in the air. Go google flying owls - their head inclination and neck doesn't look like our new flight form.

The face is...well, I would prefer another, less dorky face. But I assume that there is a somewhat Warcraft-like way of drawing an owl face, just like we Druids have had the joy of the common bear form for all these years.

But again: With rather small changes to the face, head and neck, we could end up with something really awesome, unique and good looking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Why do so many people see the Troll form as pink? You guys need to calibrate your monitors because it's red.
    Pink, Red - both are silly.