Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Never has a president had it quite as rough as Donald Trump has.
    He brought most of that on himself by saying controversial things during the election, even rude things. Trump made a lot of people angry and needlessly I think.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Why not hate him? Can we answer that?

His blunt talk isn't why anyone with 1/3 a brain dislikes him. It is because his excuse for bad policy and pushing time wasting shit into the court system is "I didn't know it would be this hard." or "Who would have thought health care would be this complex" and his response to anything pointing out his flaws is "Wrong." or "Fake news." or "The media is just out to get me and I should be president snowflake, while I vilify anyone who wants special treatment or equality>" His excuse for being inept at the job is, I'm inept and don't know what I'm doing. No one should be leader of the free world and use those excuses. He surrounded himself with a very poor cabinet and to date has had more internal conflict and scandal than any President in their first 6 months.

His blunt talk isn't blunt talk, being blunt means you get to the point and state definitive facts. His shoot from the hip and talk like a spoiled 19 year old frat kid working a job for the first time isn't being blunt.

The way he carries himself and his attitude also make him easy to hate. He embodies the majority of the shit vilified in the 80s and he is generally disrespectful. Outside that I'm sure in a dinner setting he's charming and hilarious, when he isn't mocking someone to make himself feel better.
    The media created the conflict. Comey just said he was never under investigation. The day before Comey's thing all of the left leaning outlets were saying "Comey is just about to say Trump obstructed Justice by pressuring Comey to stop investigating into Russia" when that isn't true. He clearly said that he wanted Comey to tell the public that he wasn't actually under investigation when the media painted Trump as an illegitimate president. The whole Russia thing has bogged down his ability to do his job. The February New york times article according to Comey by the way was completely false. However, the media is still sticking to the story and won't withdraw or correct it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The political sub-forum is leakings. Theres about 3 threads in Gen-OT that could probably go into the Political section.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Because he said he would persecute the families of terrorists.
    As opposed to Obama and the carebear regime before that sent them sweets and honeycakes? Oh wait no.. those were drone strikes..... oh dear....

That being said, it just makes you sound like Hitler when you actually say it on live television, I can honestly say thats the first time I've ever seen Fox News hosts speechless

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post

Sore losers.
    Not 'Murican.

Because Bernie Sanders got cheated and he totally would have won against a capitalist.
    Social democracy is not anti-capitalism.

Because Hillary was a woman and women are supposed to win.
    Who cares?

Because he keeps showing how fucked our ruling class is. He keeps calling it months before, only for it to be exposed.
    He is indeed showing fucked the ruling class it... with him being part of it and all.

Because whining is a new form of currency. Bitcoins look out.
    lol

5+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people look up to Trump as some sort of alpha male, but he seems like a weak guy to me. Of course I cannot state it with absolute certainty, but I am generally good at spotting strong or weak people, it's like an intuition, and Trump seems to be weak. His actions, words, body language, etc just don't strike me as that of a serious strong person. Nevertheless, one reason he's liked is because he's good at putting on that alpha male image, and a lot of weaker guys -and girls- out there just eat it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    How is trickledown economics bad? Bill extended it and the 90s roared with the help of the republicans.
    Bill Clinton raised taxes during his first term and reduce some of the tax rates on his second term.

https://www.thebalance.com/president...licies-3305559

What exactly did Clinton do? He enacted contractionary fiscal policy. First, he raised taxes with the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, his first budget. The Deficit Reduction Act raised the top income tax rate from 28 percent to 36 percent for those earning more than $115,000, and 39.6 percent for income above $250,000. It increased the corporate income tax from 34 percent to 36 percent for corporations with incomes over $10 million. It also ended some corporate subsidies, taxed Social Security benefits for high-income earners, and created the earned income tax credit for incomes under $30,000. It raised the gas tax by $.043 per gallon and limited the ability of corporations to claim entertainment tax deductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Bill Clinton raised taxes during his first term and reduce some of the tax rates on his second term.

https://www.thebalance.com/president...licies-3305559

What exactly did Clinton do? He enacted contractionary fiscal policy. First, he raised taxes with the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, his first budget. The Deficit Reduction Act raised the top income tax rate from 28 percent to 36 percent for those earning more than $115,000, and 39.6 percent for income above $250,000. It increased the corporate income tax from 34 percent to 36 percent for corporations with incomes over $10 million. It also ended some corporate subsidies, taxed Social Security benefits for high-income earners, and created the earned income tax credit for incomes under $30,000. It raised the gas tax by $.043 per gallon and limited the ability of corporations to claim entertainment tax deductions.
    But still he had to under a republican congress which allowed him to sign half of those bills. Secondly why did bush sr. then get hacked down when he raised taxes? And I dont mean to deflect im just curious of how people view things.
    Last edited by Taso; 2017-06-10 at 02:51 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, his election shattered one of the more popular narratives that dominates what you could call the Elite Classes. Namely the Arc of History style narratives that seemed to suggest that the future would just be forever heading leftwards, that there was an unstoppable Arc of History that bends towards.... well if not justice than at least Democrat electoral victories. There was a very almost millinerial belief that it was the ultimate destiny of the Democrats to rise and the Republicans to fade. After all the Democrats call their coalition the "Coalition of the Ascendant!"

Trumps election was jarring and very brutal wake up call from that very lovely dream. First the long stymied far Left was proven right that one could win with no media backing, almost no money ect, since Trump absolutely pulled it off with practically zero media endorsements and a sliver of the spending. The "Center" or whatever that might be was rudely awakened from the Obama dreamland with its Right and Wrong sides of History and the idea of modest social reform, Neo-Liberal policies and mostly technocratic approaches to government.

Trumps jarring election has threatened several narratives, but the biggest one was the sudden realization that all those things from Fukuyama on were possibly not pre-ordained to happen.

Now the Far-Left or the True Left is vindicated since they have long been kept dormant by the argument that you must cave to power to hope to win. Trump dispelled that myth very obviously. The Far Right or Paleo-Conservatism or Alt-Lite/Right have emerged as a much more aggressively savey movement and actually one upped the Liberals mostly due to the online world like 4chan picking that political movement as their own and the far right coming to effectively dominate Internet Culture in any meaningful way.

In my opinion, for Liberals, earnest believers in institutional establishment politics and even most progressives, this all must seem a Nightmare, a hellish awakening to a reality that is too bleak to imagine. Ten years ago they were predicted their inevitable triumph, their ascendance and permanent victory, and now? It is all ashes.

I'd be bitter as fuck too if my dreams all died in a single day. It's like a kid finding out that Santa isn't real, she is adopted and her parents are getting a divorce all on the same day.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2017-06-10 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    He's a potentially incestuous lecherous pussygrabbing low-IQ born-with-a-golden-spoon-up-his-ass out of touch multiple time divorced alleged rapist dumbass grandpa who barely deserves to live, and he's behind the wheel of the most powerful nation on the planet.

What's not to hate.

Deleted
    I'm not really into politics at all but it just seems to me he became president because he could? I find it quite hilariously though you can't have a discussion about the medieval ages without having someone mentioning him.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    didnt vote for him but the guys ability to rustle jimmys is legendary hopefully he get 2 terms the liberal melt down take 2 would be fun to watch
    If the only reason why you want Trump to stay in power is to trigger 'liberals' you need to go home and rethink your life.

Trump supporter logic: I don't care if the country is going to hell, as long as those dirty evil communist cuck libtards are triggered. I'm happy!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    If the only reason why you want Trump to stay in power is to trigger 'liberals' you need to go home and rethink your life.

Trump supporter logic: I don't care if the country is going to hell, as long as those dirty evil communist cuck libtards are triggered. I'm happy!
    Guess you can't read very well not a supporter but the amount of butt hurt he's causing is hilarious
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Guess you can't read very well not a supporter but the amount of butt hurt he's causing is hilarious
    never said you were a trump supporter. Just saying that you might as well be one considering that the only reason why you want him to stay in power is the same reason Trumptards want him to stay in power. Basically to trigger liberals who are actually trying to save America from Trump and his band of incompetent clowns.

So it does amuse me a bit that you got upset about my trumptard logic comment even though you do not fall into that category.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why criticism equals hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering how rare it is to find a Trump supporter willing to admit supporting Trump outside their bubble, I don't think butt hurt is quite the word for it.

- - - Updated - - -

So it does amuse me a bit that you got upset about my trumptard logic comment even though you do not fall into that category.
    That's the thing... it's kinda difficult to understand why someone who doesn't support Trump, cannot understand why others don't support him. Do these people who don't support Trump, simply not understand that what they call butt hurt, is the same thing why they don't support him.

It's like before elections. It was near unanimous that we had the choice between two of the worst candidates in history. The debate rarely was about which one is good, simply to which one is less of a shit sandwich. Then, once Trump wins, it's as if everything that was even being said the day before is forgotten. All of a sudden, it's not that we elected the worst candidate in history, naturally resulting in the most scrutiny, is somehow strange. What happened to the reasons that made Trump and Hillary the worst candidates? Was that just bullshit?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    Secondly why did bush sr. then get hacked down when he raised taxes?
    Because not raising taxes was pretty much the entire basis of his campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Those aren't half as "universal" as fox though, not even sure who saul alinksy is actually.
    Community organizer from Chicago who wrote a book.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    never said you were a trump supporter. Just saying that you might as well be one considering that the only reason why you want him to stay in power is the same reason Trumptards want him to stay in power. Basically to trigger liberals who are actually trying to save America from Trump and his band of incompetent clowns.

Where did I get upset exactly?
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    He's fucking retarded and there's no reason it should have gotten to this point. Our election was literally a choice between a giant douchebag and a shit sandwich. There were so many choices for candidates but the worst ones were put up. And then the worst of the worst got put up for our presidential candidates. And It's always "who you hate the least" is the one you vote for.

Our entire election system needs an overhaul.

He is an utter piece of shit and a despicable human who has been raised up far beyond his due thanks to people proving how edgy they are.

Yeah, Trump gets a lot of unjustified hate.