7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I don't think that is the complete list of changes, but maybe they reverted some of them, which I doubt. It's more likely they're just bad at keeping track of ret changes because they don't really care about ret this patch anyway. They did a lot more to plenty of other specs.

Thete confirming my suspicions:
    https://youtu.be/CxaDjMlnxLs?t=257
    Wooow. Are there really more patchnotes than what I saw on the frontpage then? "Blessing of the Ashbringer now grants 4% strength (was 2000 strength)."? x_x And why are they removing the damage dealing on Repentance, it already went bad after they added in a casting time on it :<

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Wooow. Are there really more patchnotes than what I saw on the frontpage then? "Blessing of the Ashbringer now grants 4% strength (was 2000 strength)."? x_x And why are they removing the damage dealing on Repentance, it already went bad after they added in a casting time on it :<
    'cause Blizzard AHYUK! Why do we have 8 or 9 dead raid talents? 'cause Blizzard AHYUK! No answers will ever be given no matter how much we ask.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, can I just point out how annoyed I am over the fact that Blizzard won't do ANYTHING to fix our talents (8-9 dead raid talents, seriously?), ESPECIALLY Holy Wrath which we've complained about since pre-Legion... yet they can do it for other classes?

Affliction Warlock for example: Soul Effigy, one of the level 100 talents, replaced. You spawn something linked to a target, you deal damage to that, and it deals extra damage to the target. Replaced by Death’s Embrace: Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Phantom Singularity, and Drain Soul deal up to 50% increased damage to enemies below 35% health.

Deleted

retribution
    All damage increased by 3.5%.
    Blessing of the Ashbringer now grants 4% strength (was 2000 strength).
    Divine Hammer damage reduced by 25%

From the official patchnotes
    The 3,5% increase to damage is nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    retribution

Well it's something at least!

Also, can I just point out how annoyed I am over the fact that Blizzard won't do ANYTHING to fix our talents (8-9 dead raid talents, seriously?), ESPECIALLY Holy Wrath which we've complained about since pre-Legion... yet they can do it for other classes?

Affliction Warlock for example: Soul Effigy, one of the level 100 talents, replaced. You spawn something linked to a target, you deal damage to that, and it deals extra damage to the target. Replaced by Death’s Embrace: Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Phantom Singularity, and Drain Soul deal up to 50% increased damage to enemies below 35% health.
    Lol so much for taking away Execute like mechanics from all non-Warriors, now Afflic is the Execute spec since all its main stuff is execute-like now?

But yeah, Holy Wrath, bleh. Not that they could ever make a talent to replace Crusade as the go-to pick unless it's another better version of crusade or some insanely high damage attack with almost no CD. But if they tossed Holy Wrath onto another lower tier, it might be picked at least then.

Deleted
    Thank god they nerfed ww a bit more so at least we aint gonna be last on st fights.
    Intentions are apparent when they make 3 out of 6 tier pieces have mastery (players who gonna use leggo cloak will have to pick at least 2) and they removed the mastery interaction from dh.
    Pleading for talent changes since alpha only to get a horse.
    Dont have the absolute maths to back it up but the changes as a whole feel like a nerf till progress in tomb is finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in pvp, Nerfs.

More news at 9

Well it's something at least!
    No, it's not.

If your theoretical dps was at 800k, this "buff" would put you at 828k dps.
    It's nothing, and is basically offset by finely balanced blessing of Ashbringer.
    Meanwhile Fury warriors receive a straight 5% buff to offset DoS nerf, while Retribution CoS nerf was offset by ES and Crusade nerfs and a decent buff to divine Noprocpose.
    Meanwhile Retribution becomes yet even more decently balanced in pvp.
    Aren't you hyped about new seraphs blessing and more balanced blessing of sanctuary?
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2017-06-11 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Glitch mob_-_Animus vox

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    No, it's not.

If your theoretical dps was at 800k, this "buff" would put you at 828k dps.
    It's nothing, and is basically offset by finely balanced blessing of Ashbringer.
    Meanwhile Fury warriors receive a straight 5% buff to offset DoS nerf, while Retribution CoS nerf was offset by ES and Crusade nerfs and a decent buff to divine Noprocpose.
    Meanwhile Retribution becomes yet even more decently balanced in pvp.
    Aren't you hyped about new seraphs blessing and more balanced blessing of sanctuary?
    They also nerfed draught of souls for warriors dropping their burst and sustained dps on a boss by quite a lot.

They also nerfed draught of souls for warriors dropping their burst and sustained dps on a boss by quite a lot.
    Yes they did, which I already mentioned. This nerf is offset through a plain 5% buff though, which I did mention as well.
    Which brings some questions.
    Namely - how and when are we going to receive an offset for accumulated nerfs we took over what, last 3 or so months both in pvp and dragonslaying alike. Not like Retribution is or was near top-3 dps or represented in high end gameplay areas.
    Sure as sure there must be a reason to the course of actions they took.
    Which is...?

retribution

The hilarious part is that is STILL WRONG! It applies to every ability except Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm, which are major damage sources. Actually, Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm are down 2.8% in damage from 7.2 because of the T19 2P nerf. Here's the PTR change proving this:

"RetributionRetribution Paladin Increases damage/healing of Blade of Justice, Consecration, Crusader Strike, Eye for an Eye, Judgment, Justicar's Vengeance, Wake of Ashes, Zeal by 16% (was 12%). Increases periodic damage/healing of Execution Sentence and Wake of Ashes by 16% (was 12%)."

Ara ara ara~

Retribution
    Template Strength reduced from 85% to 80%.
    Blessing of Sanctuary's cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 30 seconds).
    Lawbringer's duration increased to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds).
    Divine Punisher now grants 3 Holy Power (was 2).
    Luminesence now heals for 20% of healing taken (was 30%).
    Templar's Verdict now deals full damage in PvP situations (was a 30% reduction).

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755726564#1

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Ara ara ara~

Retribution
    Template Strength reduced from 85% to 80%.
    Blessing of Sanctuary's cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 30 seconds).
    Lawbringer's duration increased to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds).
    Divine Punisher now grants 3 Holy Power (was 2).
    Luminesence now heals for 20% of healing taken (was 30%).
    Templar's Verdict now deals full damage in PvP situations (was a 30% reduction).

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755726564#1
    I can tell it's an overall nerf, but that actually makes kiting an even better tactic against ret. Hilarious.

Well Sanctuary is not going to be 60secs like it was supposed to be so 45s its an overall nerf but still makes the new seraphim a bit more desirable for solo.

The TV buff is gonna be noticeable but pretty much 100% kills any JV usage now since even baseline TV will do more dmg.

The Divine Punisher buff, I think, is good since it allows WoG to be a viable option while being kited but I think wont beat Hammer. And lawbringer is still dead even on 45s debuff meh.

TBH we get a little little bit more utility and very slight more options based on the talent changes but still gonna be on the same spot as before.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I'm guessing it's pretty safe to say that, next patch, replacing the tier 19 helmet and shoulder LFR bits (Yeah I know, casul, prefer Mythic+) with just two 895-900 pieces will be the better choice. Was really looking forward to 2 tier 19 and 4 tier 20 pieces. ;_:

"little bit more utility"? Such as..?
    Not to mention template nerf will affect overall damage, healing and absorption, as well as TV itself. Whence DH receive a 100->120 versatility buff, which seems only logical.

Hammer of Why Did You Pick This Shit still won't be viable as long as it has both ridiculous stack requirement along with a cooldown, besides hitting for half as much as a single TV and having zero interaction with mastery or hopo.

Deleted
    The hilarious part is that is STILL WRONG! It applies to every ability except Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm, which are major damage sources. Actually, Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm are down 2.8% in damage from 7.2 because of the T19 2P nerf. Here's the PTR change proving this:

"RetributionRetribution Paladin Increases damage/healing of Blade of Justice, Consecration, Crusader Strike, Eye for an Eye, Judgment, Justicar's Vengeance, Wake of Ashes, Zeal by 16% (was 12%). Increases periodic damage/healing of Execution Sentence and Wake of Ashes by 16% (was 12%)."
    Last time they did a change like this it did increase all damage but the data mined changes on this site didn't show TV or DS being buffed that time either even though they were.

It looks like a 3,5% increase on the retribution hidden passive which should be all of our skills unless otherwise noted.

Last time they did a change like this it did increase all damage but the data mined changes on this site didn't show TV or DS being buffed that time either even though they were.

It looks like a 3,5% increase on the retribution hidden passive which should be all of our skills unless otherwise noted.
    I'll compare the weapon damage before and after patch without T19 equipped to verify this, but there's no mention of Templar's Verdict or Divine Storm in the note there, as you can see.

Deleted
    I'll compare the weapon damage before and after patch without T19 equipped to verify this, but there's no mention of Templar's Verdict or Divine Storm in the note there, as you can see.
    Blizzard notes say all skills datamined ones do not mention TV and DS last time this happened was a couple of months ago and that time the datamined ones were wrong and we did indeed get an increase to all our skills.

That is the reason I think that the 3,5% increase will be to all our skills but I am vary since even if that was the case last time it doesn't have to be the case this time.

Just saying datamined patch changes have been wrong before.