Page 5 of 429 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    It's your opinion and all, but I wouldn't call any of those games terrible. I'd call some of them average at worst, with Dragon Age 2 probably being the bottom of that particular list.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you misspelled Ubisoft there. :P
    To be fair, EA is pretty bad too but yeah, Ubisoft is worse. I see their logo and I just stop caring by and large. No matter how cool the concept, they ruin it. I mean, how do you ruin 'The Division' and 'For Honor'? By screwing up the most basic fundamentals of multiplayer-only titles in only the way Ubisoft can.

It's amazing Siege survived and grew.

EA on the other hand can still land some hits and will, at times, rectify mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    It's EA's answer to Destiny.

I'm calling it now.
    It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

And if that's the case, then I hope it does well. Because Bungie needs some stiff competition after the failure that was The Division. Competition would be better for us, the gamers, in the long run. Hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    To be fair, EA is pretty bad too but yeah, Ubisoft is worse. I see their logo and I just stop caring by and large. No matter how cool the concept, they ruin it. I mean, how do you ruin 'The Division' and 'For Honor'? By screwing up the most basic fundamentals of multiplayer-only titles in only the way Ubisoft can.

It's amazing Siege survived and grew.

EA on the other hand can still land some hits and will, at times, rectify mistakes.
    Agreed. EA use to be the worst of the worst. They have slowly, over time, started to rectify some of their mistakes. They are far from perfect, but I think they're learning. All DLC included for free with the purchase of Battlefront 2 lends to this. Ubisoft, on the other hand, has went nowhere but down in the last several years. I'm hoping Assassin's Creed Origins is good, because if it's not, then I'll probably give up on Ubisoft for good.

Deleted
    I think you misspelled Ubisoft there. :P
    Death comes in many forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Death comes in many forms.
    That is indeed true! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see the full reveal tomorrow during the Microsoft conference.

Even if this is a different team than Mass Effect, Bioware is on notice for that fuckup. Many will wait for reviews before even considering buying, as we should do.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

And if that's the case, then I hope it does well. Because Bungie needs some stiff competition after the failure that was The Division. Competition would be better for us, the gamers, in the long run. Hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. EA use to be the worst of the worst. They have slowly, over time, started to rectify some of their mistakes. They are far from perfect, but I think they're learning. All DLC included for free with the purchase of Battlefront 2 lends to this. Ubisoft, on the other hand, has went nowhere but down in the last several years. I'm hoping Assassin's Creed Origins is good, because if it's not, then I'll probably give up on Ubisoft for good.
    I agree.

I think WoW is much better now because of stiffer competition from FFXIV and a whole slew of other, quality MMOs slowly chipping away at its appeal and therefore player base. For the longest time it seemed in a gradual decline with WoD being rock bottom.

Destiny was okay. Taken King ALMOST won me over but was so short. Didn't quite stick as well as it could've as a result. I'm skeptical of the second naturally and would love an alternative choice worth playing because I love me some Diablo-style shoot-'em ups. Two of my favorite things put together.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Frostbite engine? A bit funny after the article blaming Andromeda's failures on Bioware using Frostbite engine meant for FPS to create an RPG.
    Unless Anthem won't be an RPG...
    If people could make out Civilization 4 out of Gamebryo engine which is tenfolds time a mess that Frostbite is, you'd have to have some extra level of incompetence not to be able to make 3rd person shooter/RPG out of it..
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Every gaming studio besides a few have released nothing but hot garbage for games with an excellent marketing team to generate undeserved hype, followed by unnecessary amounts of DLC or RNG locked items. If it doesn't come from CD red or their like it's bargain bin for me now.
    seriously. if its not from CD red, rockstar, naughty dog, kojima or platinum games(nier automata was an amazing game) theres no way id pre-order
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Kotor 2, Mass Effect 3/Andromeda and Dragon Age 2 ?
    All of that was really good. The only one i would even call a little meh was andromeda.

Pure shit of zero originality.

Post constructively. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-06-11 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Pure shit of zero originality.
    So glad you were able to get that out of a very short, CGI teaser trailer that showed nothing of what the game is actually like. Psychic you must be.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-06-11 at 06:25 AM.

KOTOR 2 is not even bioware game. its an obsidian game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    In before it's a f2p arena shooter with a collectable card system and microtransactions.
    I'd say 50/50 you are spot on.

Shows absolutely nothing. How do you know it is a mass effect-like game at all? Could be a multiplayer MMO-like rpg like Destiny, a straight up shooter, a single player game, heck it could even be a Souls-like game. We know nothing about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kotor 2, Mass Effect 3/Andromeda and Dragon Age 2 ?
    Outside of the poor ending, did you really think ME3 was a bad game? I'm not looking to bait you into a debate, but, I am genuinely curious if that is the case.

Personally, I found ME3 to be quite enjoyable. It was only after I saw the credits that my brain shouted "WTF is that!".

- - - Updated - - -

As long as "three times the game that Andromeda was" doesn't translate to "three times the amount of useless side quests".
    Or 3x as many facial modification options at character creation time.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If player wears that exosuit - I'm not buying it, unless in the very next chapter of the continued story - they destroy all exosuits.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Getting a stronk shitstainy vibe from this, while chickening out on the full premise of attack on titan. The trailer was garbage, they should have just talked about it today during the conference and saved that money (though I guess the scenes could have been recycled from other material). I hope it will at least be a proper single player RPG, they can fuck right off if this is just their attempt to go MMO once again and copy shitstainy, the premise would lend itself to that well though.. so I'm concerned.

Can't they just go back to dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If player wears that exosuit - I'm not buying it, unless in the very next chapter of the continued story - they destroy all exosuits.
    Why you hef to be mad? Is only game.

But seriously though. What's wrong with exosuits?

Who knows ? Maybe they work now on Anthem since the Andromeda Studio is closed.
    Even if that's the case there are many factors to take into account like:
    a) The andromeda studio was inexperienced, now they've got experience.
    b) Even if they partake in the creation of Anthem, they won't be the lead studio, it will be the guys behind the GLORIOUS Kotor.
    c) If you heard anything about why Mass Effect:A was a disaster, then you should know that 3.5/5 years went down the drain due to the engine they used to develop an RPG title, etc. They only had 1.5 years to actually complete the game, and it had to be majorly crunched down. It's primarily EA's fault for putting such an 'ultimate' deadline that Andromeda came out like this.
    d) Despite its flaws, there are many, MANY more games who are worse. If Andromeda was a game set in a completely different universe, under a completely different name, no one would shame it like they do now. It had to live to the behemoth that is the Mass Effect franchise.