Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not all races are based on mammals so not every race has to have a mammal looking female IE HAS TITS!

Or like Blood Elves being all Female?

it's annoying. it's laziness.

there should be a female and male of EVERY species. demons, harpies, whatever.

i'm still waiting on that cosmetic glyph promised us back in cataclysm for male and female demons for my warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you assuming gender?

It's facetious to assume all members of these gender unspecified races are male. They could just as easily all be female. They could just as easily all be ???.

Maybe they have certain traits that make them seem more masculine, but that's usually because most traits considered feminine are the product of an established society. It's certainly a hell of a lot better than 'ME MALE ME BIG ME HUNCH' and females half the size of their male counterparts in all ways except chest and butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Jinyu could be female and you'd never know. Unless we are adding boobs to all females now
    DOWN WITH FISH BOOBS

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's annoying. it's laziness.

there should be a female and male of EVERY species.
    There still would be no visible difference between like a male or female tiger or bear, and wow has plenty of those for both mostly due to quest text or the name pointing to gender, the model alone doesn't show anything.

Dragonspawn have gender different models, but then most drakes or old dragon models do not.

Onyxia/Alexstraza drake mounts obviously different then the regular Red/Black drake mounts based off their big characters in lore vs generic offspring.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-12 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    There still would be no visible difference between like a male or female tiger or bear, and wow has plenty of those for both mostly due to quest text or the name pointing to gender, the model alone doesn't show anything.

Dragonspawn have gender different models, but then most drakes or old dragon models do not.

Onyxia/Alexstraza drake mounts obviously different then the regular Red/Black drake mounts based off their big characters in lore vs generic offspring.
    i don't mean animals, i mean sapient species. there will most usually be a difference between males and females. some species, the male will be smaller than the female, or more brightly colored, all kinds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    "No males have been reported, so (rumor has it) harpies breed with captive males of many species, though they prefer elves, orcs, and humans to either smaller or larger species. The males of another species fills the role for a time, after which they become food for the nest. In lean times, harpies can lay unfertilized eggs that become female copies of the mother."

Damn. Poor dudes
    So death by snu snu?

maybe they identify as female and just breed via the power of belief

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Like the Fish people in Pandaria, The Hozen, Ogres..Those are arguably the most known of the lost Female races. Has Blizzard ever made a comment as to why this is? Laziness? Attempt to save money? Just seems kinda odd that the leading MMORPG in payed subs is doing this.
    who said the jinyu and hozen were male only?
    ogres have female but they are so few they dont live anywhere but their homeland
    you do know birth rates change per species right?
    some speices birth more males then females, and for ogres it is like 1000 to 1 for male to female, and the other races, really?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's not about laziness, or saving money, it's about efficient use of resources. If they don't make a discernible male/female for a race, it means they have the resources to make more modes for other races. What it comes down to is if you know you have the resources to produce 100 different models for a new xpac, you might decide to have some single gender NPC races so that you can have more models for others.

Maybe the women are elsewhere or everyone is androgynous.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know for certain that they're all males?
    He peaked at everyone!

It's a huge amount of work (double the work, in fact) to make completely different male and female models + animations for every race. It would be a real waste of time and resources for most of them.

I don't want to know what a female Ogre looks like.

Errr Excuseme OP but please... Just because you are completely ignorant, dosen't mean there are not such things... The Jinyu, an evolution of the murlocks, and just like them, the female are indistinguishible for us from the male counterparts... just because they don't have boobies, that dosen't mean there arent girls....

There are female Hozens, we meet one in Azsuna, she made a stew for us, and yes, those too look just like the males.

There are female ogres, is stated in the lore there aren't a lot of them tho, and most of them reside in the ogre continent in Draenor.

However, there are certain species that are stated to be "female" only, such as the Harpies, this creatures are Descendants from Aviana, and as such, there isn't a male counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    I don't want to know what a female Ogre looks like.
    I've always like to joke that female Ogres are absolutely gorgeous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Crocolisks and sharks in game don't have a gender.

And while I appreciate your attempt at being pedantic, we're clearly talking about the various player/NPC races, not in game mobs/wildlife.
    and how do you know that? nor do jinyu have gender, just as crocalisk we cannot know because who knows, they may all look like that
    they dont need to have tits like your picture to be female

the jinyu are fish, and other then patterns on some species it is hard to tell them apart other then to fucking squeeze em to look for eggs

also we do see female hozen, one gives us stew for beating her brother in azsuna, they look like males
    ogres female are extreamly rare, like 1 in 1000 born will be female, so they arnt exactly sent out to fight...

"No males have been reported, so (rumor has it) harpies breed with captive males of many species, though they prefer elves, orcs, and humans to either smaller or larger species. The males of another species fills the role for a time, after which they become food for the nest. In lean times, harpies can lay unfertilized eggs that become female copies of the mother."

Damn. Poor dudes
    Wow, sounds a lot like the Gerudos from The Legend of Zelda, well except that they.. dont eat their mates

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm going to guess overall to save time.

In the case of orcs, probably they stuck with male models simply to save time. Art is supposedly the biggest time sink of creating anything new, so I can see why they wouldn't bother for a minor NPC race. On the other hand, orcs were one of the original NPC races so they've had a lot of years to go back and add them. I guess they just think that's low priority.

In the case of fish dudes, and to a lesser extent the monkey race, I'm not sure the male and female should have a different model. They certainly don't need it. I think I would find talking fish with boobs would be disconcerting, so they might as well save that art time and keep one model for all genders. And, you know, they are fish people in a fantasy world; who knows if they even have gender.

So I guess even thought sometimes it's a little weird, ultimately it's probably the right decision to spend that art time on exciting new stuff than lady orcs.
    see above
    also i presume when you say orcs you mean ogre? im pretty sure in the orignal warcraft games we knew the females were VERY VERY rare, or atleast in early of wows life, this isnt a recent development

and last, do all races need to have tits and big asses? cant females and males just look alike, like some animals in the animal kingdom?

Some races are comprised solely of males - such as ogres

Some races are comprised solely of females - such as blood elves